“Nice hotel, customer service was meh...”

Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Redmond
Ranked #15 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
Reviewed January 21, 2012

We stayed here recently for one night because our power was out. We had originally made arrangements to stay at the Redmond Town Center Marriott, but this was the only Marriott with an indoor pool. It ended up being a better deal as we got breakfast, two queens beds (as opposed to two doubles) and the pool for twenty dollars less than the RTC Marriott.

Rooms were clean, lobby is pretty fresh and trendy. The pool was kind of small but my kids had a blast anyway. My only complaint was that the guy taking our breakfast order was pretty slow and the staff seemed pretty oblivious to the fact the parking lot was a little treacherous with all the snow/slush. It would have been nice if the lot had been plowed or at least the sidewalks shoveled.

All that said, I would stay here again if I needed to.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed January 20, 2012

The corridors of this place can confuse the hell out of you, with no signs. I travel a ton and have never been so confused with the seemingly endless corridors going nowhere. Am at a Holiday Inn Express now in, Cody WY, not exactly a 3 or 4 star property, and the towels here are actually nice and heavy compared to the chintzy, light weight stuff that Courtyard uses. Not only were they light and rough but the wash cloth resembled tissue paper it was truly see-through.To say nothing of the lack of amenities at Courtyard, no body lotion, no body wash, just shampoo and conditioner.

Had meeting in Issiquah and always stay at Courtyards even though this one was 8 miles away so I stayed there. For $200 no way, no mo, no thanks.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Bel_Red_Coordinator, Manager at Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Redmond, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

We do have signs located at each hallway intersection to help direct our guests, but it is possible we need to reexamine them for clarity. I am also truly sorry that the towels in your room were poor quality. I have brought the issue to the attention of our Housekeeping Manager so that she may schedule additional training with our housekeeping department to ensure quality control.

Thank you for staying with us. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed January 20, 2012

I came to this hotel due my power being out in Maple Valley during the snow storm. I picked it out of many Bellevue hotels due to rate and because it was a Mariott. I've stayed at Mariott's in the past and know what to expect-clean, comfortable, modern/updated and good amenties (free internet, parking) at a good rate. We enjoyed the large pool, hot tub under the glass windows (pretty view on a snowy day) and workout room. It was a bit tricky to find since the address is exactly the same as a house in the 98004 zip code and Google pointed me there first. It's a bit outside of Bellevue-it's really the border of Bellevue/Redmond (closer to Microsoft). My 13 and 2 year old had enough room to move about. I had ample space to work. It was quiet but could have been because you had to have AWD to access due to the amount of snow out front.

Room Tip: If oyu want peace and quiet, get a room away form the swimming pool. The doors slam shut.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 14, 2012

Stayed here for a week in January. Check in was nice and fast, which I appreciate, as many hotels take ages with filling out forms etc. I was staying in the hotel as I was on business travel, and it was nice and convenient for my journey to work. I do think it is off the beaten track slightly, but there are lots of restaurants, a department store and large grocery store about 15 minutes walk. I ate at the lobby almost every night, and the staff were incredibly friendly and welcoming, and easy to chat with. The food was delicious, I was genuinely surprised by this! The lobby is very modern and a great place to hang out. The rooms were fine, bed was comfortable, and really, all I wanted to do was sleep and shower, so it was perfect for my needs. You can sometimes hear people in the hall way on the way to their rooms, but its not a big deal. The room was always very clean when I returned in the evenings. I found the swimming pool a great extra amenity which I used on a nightly basis. Overall, I found this a great stay, have stayed in other hotels in Seattle, and this one definitely tops them.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 8, 2012

The first time I visited Bellevue I stayed here. The location is ok if you don't want to get out much but I would rather be in walking distance of some shops, bars, etc. The rooms are clean and up to date. No real complaints if location isn't important. For what it is worth, I stayed at another courtyard on my second trip and I don't regret it.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 1, 2011

The hotel is beautiful remodeled and updated. But I am sensitive to noise. The hotel is aware of the problem, there were a pair of earplugs by the bed as a gift to guests. But even with that I was woken up by my neighbor when he used the phone to make international calls. In addition the window style heating/cooling systems made a constant hum even when mine was off.

The staff was friendly and helpful.

The towels were not very fluffy or soft. Bed was firm but not plush.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 28, 2011

This hotel was fabulous for my purposes (two night business trip). The staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and spacious. The food was good. Lot of amenities like a pool/hot tub, gym, laundry, etc as well as a great lobby area. Very comfortable for hanging out in the evening, having a drink, watching the game and/or doing work. I would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business