“Bad attitude from staff, dirty rooms”

Extended Stay America - Seattle - Bellevue - Factoria
Ranked #27 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
Reviewed October 10, 2013

The front desk staff in this hotel seems doesn't have enough knowledge, also some of them are rude. Housekeeper forgot to clean my room several days, the breakfast is horrible only bars, coffee, apples in a small cabinet in front of the desk, the staff didn't respect my reservation and tried to kick me out before my planned check out, internet connection is slow, and they overcharged my account.

Room Tip: I don't recommend this hotel for long stays.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Adrian L
There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Seattle - Bellevue - Factoria

Reviewed September 21, 2013

Tried to check in at 4:30 - had half hour wait in line only to be told my room was not ready - they needed another 45 minutes. Gave me "special" coupon for free appetizer - if I bought two dinners - not much generosity for my time especially as I had other dinner plans. After a long day there was no place to freshen up for my business dinner - they did give me the wifi code so I could check email in the waiting room. Returned at 8 p.m - room still not ready. Front desk clerk ended up leaving to do it herself - she did keep a good attitude dispite management issues - finally at 8:45, more than four hours after I first arrived, I got a room. Which was facing the freeway, pretty clean given the circumstances, nothing special.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank AMSLLC
Reviewed September 11, 2013

This was my second stop after San Jose and my experience with ESA there was pretty good. So my expectations were already set but I think this is not as good as the other one. The rooms are pretty far from the reception, at least mine was, and if you send the cab away then you need to drag your luggage all the way, even if its on the first floor. The room was spacious and pretty comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I stayed here for 12 weeks during an internship, and my overall stay was pleasant. The "apartment" I had is more like a hotel room, with a small kitchen. There is big fridge, a microwave oven and a stove with two electric burners (but no oven). There is plenty of space to store your belongings, a small sofa chair to watch TV from, and a little "bar-like" table with two seats to eat. However, there was not real desk and chair, which means you have to sit at the "bar" to work. I was given a room facing away from the high-way, which was pretty calm. But the noise from the AC units is still quite noticeable during the night.
The staff was very nice, always happy to answer a question or give me my mail.

Room Tip: Ask one in the South building, facing away from the highway
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Wookai
Reviewed September 8, 2013

All I asked was to be moved from a highway facing noisy room where its not even possible to even open a window. The staff made me walk down to the office 5 times to ask for that, and everytime its the same response. "the manager will do it". Finally, I gave up, and lived in the same room. The clerk asked me to just use the air conditioner, which was not working. All they did was had it swapped with one from another room. Who gave the manager and the clerks permission to work in the hospitality industry. Is this how you treat a customer with a simple request to be moved to a corner room where it is bit quieter?
The internet sucks. Given that i paid a good amount of $ to you guys i expect better internet. Not a dial up where it takes 1 hour to download a PDF. The paid option you guys have is a rip off. DO YOU SERIOUSLY EXPECT a guest living there for 8-10 weeks to use the weekly service? Which gives you a 3 Mbps connection for $4 a day?? what means you want me to spend $210 just buying your 3 Mbps internet connection, why wouldn't I go stay at the marriot then? Even when i told them about the internet, all you guys gave me was the same "we are resolving it" . It was never resolved.
I've recommended that our company or any company never use your services, not just this branch, any branch for any of their corporate housing needs. With suck awful basic services like internet how do you expect to have business guests stay in your motel. You guys are in bed with the relocation companies and rip off customers. And then treat them differently without providing them good services or answering their requests.
This is your idea of 'extended stay', you need to pick up a dictionary. I put up with this during my stay of 10 weeks.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank a g
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The hotel was in a quiet area, close to T-mobile office buildings and a plaza with grocery store and bunch of restaurants which was convenient.
We've got room 104, about 2 doors away from reception. It had a kitchen with fridge, 2 burner stove, microwave, sink, 2 pots, spoons, forks, knives, plates, mugs, toaster. Everything you need basically. We were too busy to cook so didnt even used it.
There was a flat screen TV in a room, along with iron and ironing board.
AC wasnt too loud, which was good. Room was clean and didnt smell bad.
There was no shower tub in a bathroom, just tile and hole on the floor with curtain. Other than lack of a shower tub, bathroom was good. Towels were provided.
Breakfast was not the best I've had, but typical for hotels of this type- cheap muffins, apples, oranges, oatmeal, cereal, coffee, tea.
The hotel is located about 15 min to Bellevue Square Mall, and not too far from downtown Seattle.
Overall, our stay was pleasant.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I took a new contract job and this hotel was part of the chain that my company had a discount and it was close to my jobsite. Needless to say, I notified my company about this hotel.
Pros:
Close to major company locations (Microsoft, Boeing)
Price
Mattress is ok
Cons:
No elevator (ever lug 3 bags up a flight of steps in the dark?)
Exterior entrances
Room smelled of stale cigarette smoke and mildew
Noise (I could hear the discussions in either room next to mine, not to mention the door slam)
Kitchen has no dishwasher and a tiny sink
No icemaker in fridge
Air conditioner is loud and makes gurgling noises but it does drown out the neighbors
No garbage pickup, although their pamphlet says every 3 days
Slowwww internet unless you want to pony up some bucks
TV has limited channels with poor reception; no dvd player
Laundry room charges $2/load each for washer and dryer
I never found the breakfast they advertised. There's a very small lobby.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business