“A hotel room with a kitchenette”

Extended Stay America - Seattle - Bellevue - Factoria
Ranked #26 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
Vancouver, Canada
“A hotel room with a kitchenette”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I stayed here for 12 weeks during an internship, and my overall stay was pleasant. The "apartment" I had is more like a hotel room, with a small kitchen. There is big fridge, a microwave oven and a stove with two electric burners (but no oven). There is plenty of space to store your belongings, a small sofa chair to watch TV from, and a little "bar-like" table with two seats to eat. However, there was not real desk and chair, which means you have to sit at the "bar" to work. I was given a room facing away from the high-way, which was pretty calm. But the noise from the AC units is still quite noticeable during the night.
The staff was very nice, always happy to answer a question or give me my mail.

Room Tip: Ask one in the South building, facing away from the highway
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Wookai

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Bellevue, Washington
Reviewed September 8, 2013

All I asked was to be moved from a highway facing noisy room where its not even possible to even open a window. The staff made me walk down to the office 5 times to ask for that, and everytime its the same response. "the manager will do it". Finally, I gave up, and lived in the same room. The clerk asked me to just use the air conditioner, which was not working. All they did was had it swapped with one from another room. Who gave the manager and the clerks permission to work in the hospitality industry. Is this how you treat a customer with a simple request to be moved to a corner room where it is bit quieter?
The internet sucks. Given that i paid a good amount of $ to you guys i expect better internet. Not a dial up where it takes 1 hour to download a PDF. The paid option you guys have is a rip off. DO YOU SERIOUSLY EXPECT a guest living there for 8-10 weeks to use the weekly service? Which gives you a 3 Mbps connection for $4 a day?? what means you want me to spend $210 just buying your 3 Mbps internet connection, why wouldn't I go stay at the marriot then? Even when i told them about the internet, all you guys gave me was the same "we are resolving it" . It was never resolved.
I've recommended that our company or any company never use your services, not just this branch, any branch for any of their corporate housing needs. With suck awful basic services like internet how do you expect to have business guests stay in your motel. You guys are in bed with the relocation companies and rip off customers. And then treat them differently without providing them good services or answering their requests.
This is your idea of 'extended stay', you need to pick up a dictionary. I put up with this during my stay of 10 weeks.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank a g
North Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The hotel was in a quiet area, close to T-mobile office buildings and a plaza with grocery store and bunch of restaurants which was convenient.
We've got room 104, about 2 doors away from reception. It had a kitchen with fridge, 2 burner stove, microwave, sink, 2 pots, spoons, forks, knives, plates, mugs, toaster. Everything you need basically. We were too busy to cook so didnt even used it.
There was a flat screen TV in a room, along with iron and ironing board.
AC wasnt too loud, which was good. Room was clean and didnt smell bad.
There was no shower tub in a bathroom, just tile and hole on the floor with curtain. Other than lack of a shower tub, bathroom was good. Towels were provided.
Breakfast was not the best I've had, but typical for hotels of this type- cheap muffins, apples, oranges, oatmeal, cereal, coffee, tea.
The hotel is located about 15 min to Bellevue Square Mall, and not too far from downtown Seattle.
Overall, our stay was pleasant.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I took a new contract job and this hotel was part of the chain that my company had a discount and it was close to my jobsite. Needless to say, I notified my company about this hotel.
Pros:
Close to major company locations (Microsoft, Boeing)
Price
Mattress is ok
Cons:
No elevator (ever lug 3 bags up a flight of steps in the dark?)
Exterior entrances
Room smelled of stale cigarette smoke and mildew
Noise (I could hear the discussions in either room next to mine, not to mention the door slam)
Kitchen has no dishwasher and a tiny sink
No icemaker in fridge
Air conditioner is loud and makes gurgling noises but it does drown out the neighbors
No garbage pickup, although their pamphlet says every 3 days
Slowwww internet unless you want to pony up some bucks
TV has limited channels with poor reception; no dvd player
Laundry room charges $2/load each for washer and dryer
I never found the breakfast they advertised. There's a very small lobby.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I would recommend you stay here only if you have no other option. I don't believe it's a good value at all, my husband and I agreed we paid too much money to be as uncomfortable as we were. The room was more than we wanted to spend anyway and when we arrived our room had an awful fish stench which the staff member acknowledged would need to be deep cleaned to remove. It was so overpowering, even with the windows open, we elected to take a different room...for a fee. I don't think the room should have even been available as even the staff member said she didn't think it was livable. I did appreciate her honesty, it saved us from having to move our things in and out again.

• Stayed August 2013
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Me and my husband stayed here 4 night before cruise to Alaska.Hotel suppose provide"Dinning and cooking utensils"Was not such of thing.Was only one pot and ugly plates .Forks bend when you used them.Was not kettle only one pot so we couldn't make tea and cooked something at the same time.There wasn't wine glasses so we couldn't have wine after long day .I talked about this on the front desk they were polite but didn't care.
Had problem with key twice.
Room was clean and bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
White Rock, B.C.
Reviewed August 11, 2013

My wife and I had stayed here a few times before while visiting Seattle and had had few problems. But this time, the room's air conditioner was noisy, the bathtub had poor drainage, the bed was not very comfortable and the TV remote didn't work upon arrival. The hotel is near shopping malls, restaurants and two major freeways, so the location is excellent. And having a kitchen area with a fridge is appealing. The property, though, seems to be slipping... a bit dated.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple