“The location is the best part about this hotel”

Extended Stay America - Seattle - Redmond
Ranked #23 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
Reviewed November 10, 2013

This is a very basic hotel room with very basic older furnishings. It had a college dorm feel to it ie the matress was small and hard. There were no glasses or coffee cups in the room, even though it has a coffee maker and kitchenette. The TV was good. There was free wi-fi. The location is literally at the Microsoft Campus entrance. It is within 3 minutes of places to eat and shop. It was o.k. for two nights. I read the negative reviews on this hotel. I was pretty sure I was going to get this same hotel before I made a bid on Express Deals on Priceline, for a place in Redmond,Wa. for $50. I would say it was worth $50 a night and no more. It fit my budget on this trip.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Redmond, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that our hotel did not meet your needs. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are definitely going to address this issue to ensure that it doesn't happen again. Still, I am pleased you found our location convenient and our rates affordable.

If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at RMD@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Given the choice, I would not stay here again.

Would not recommend staying here. I stayed here during a business trip to the Redmond area because it was within the allowed daily rate. Started at the lobby - the area behind the counter was poorly kept (the carpet was visibly dirty with scraps and paper shreds scattered about). The lobby is your first impression...if the hotel cannot keep that clean, what can you expect in the rooms? Well...dust and dirt for 1. There was a general lack of attention to detail that I expect from a quality hotel. Dust along the top row of tiles in the shower indicates that they don't spend time to clean well. As well as dusty top surface of the refrigerator. Light switches were dirty needing to be wiped down well. Wall had spots as well indicating either a fresh coat of paint is required, or at minimum a good scrubbing. Shower had black mildew in grout and caulking. Bedding was low quality (cotton / synthetic blend), and not very comfortable for sleeping. Furniture was of the "plastic" coated upholstery type (so not very comfortable or inviting for sitting in).

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 28, 2013

It's a motel. There are no hallways to get to your room. You are outside. There is no gym.

I would not have brought thousands of dollars of equipment to a motel where any stranger can come in from the public. Also, I was facing the parking lot and it was loud.

A home away from home. Sorry. My home doesn't have an entrance for strangers.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Redmond, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. I sincerely apologize that you were not made aware of our accommodation dynamic prior to your arrival. To make sure this doesn't happen again, we are coaching our staff to explain our facility during the reservation process so that everyone knows what our amenities are prior to their arrival.

Thanks to your feedback, we can continue to work on providing an exceptional stay for all of our guests. I hope that you will contact me directly, at rmd@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Clean accommodation located near the Microsoft campus in Redmond. Nothing luxurious, but more than sufficient for the low price. Staff members are also very helpful and kind. Kitchenette useful for longer stays, and buses are nearby to go to Redmond city center (15 mins) or even Seattle (30 mins).

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I would not recommend this hotel for anyone it is not safe as my suit is robbed by breaking the door lock when I was out with my family I had lost my three laptops,canon camera,hard drive my three hand bags with apple I pad and 800$ and many more small things in that handbags.
The worst hotel I have ever stayed is this and after this incident no one is taking their responsibility as manager as not yet came to his duty and everyone is trying to hide the incident not one has yet came ask that "are u people OK ,what have u lost"as when we ask them about CCTV camera they replied that they don't have any single camera entire the hotel.
It is a public parking anyone can come and park their car and just leave they don't care.
So according to my experience this is the worst hotel it is better to stay on roads or car instead of this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. I sincerely apologize that your experience with us was less than a positive one. To make sure this doesn't happen again, We have made your concerns know to our Corporate team and I am certain that by now you have heard from our insurance company regarding your losses. We will also increase our awareness of the going ons in our hotel as the safety of our guests are our top priority.

Thanks to your additional feedback. I hope that you will contact me directly, at rmd@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay America location in the future.

Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

I had to have a place to stay for a couple of weeks while working at Microsoft. Location is as good as it gets (especially in heavy traffic) -- the problem is, the hotel knows that. The outside is being repainted and so maybe the inside is next, but the lack of care/heavy use is showing. Make no mistake, it is clean, just very dated, stained, dog-eared and cheap. I stayed there so I would have a kitchen but there was so little there I ended up eating out (2 spoons, 1 fork, and a few odd plates, bowls and cups). It was adequate and the price reasonable for where it is, but go in with the knowledge that it needs some work.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I had to go to Seattle for a quick 24 hour trip. We were literally in this hotel for about 6 hours. This hotel was near the location of our business meeting and the restaurant that they wanted to meet at after . It was clean and spacious. Nothing real special about it. It served the purpose.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Redmond, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the clean and spacious room. Also, we are happy to read that our location was convenient for your needs.