“Calm Amidst the Storm: Extended Stay a Haven for the weary Traveler” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Extended Stay America - Seattle - Redmond

Extended Stay America - Seattle - Redmond
Ranked #23 of 27 Hotels in Bellevue
Redmond, Washington
“Calm Amidst the Storm: Extended Stay a Haven for the weary Traveler”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

A BIG Thank you.

This hotel: staff and all came through for me in a huge way! The hotel management (David & Jenelle) and front desk staff(Matt & Angela you were a delight) were incredibly friendly, efficient, helpful; they went above and beyond to make my stay as comfortable as possible.

The continental breakfast was between 6:30 am - 9:30 am and there were muffins, fruit, granola bars, full coffee bar and warm smiles to greet you even when you're not feeling so hot.

Be aware that the rooms are cleaned every 3 days however whatever supplies i.e. towels, dish soap, body soap, shampoo, toothpaste just ask the front desk for what you need and they will provide.

Also, it was no problem to utilize their fax machine or to print documents out and pick them up at the front desk. They had great recommendations for local places to eat and adept at problem solving.

This Bellevue/Redmond location at 15805 NE 28th Street, Bellevue is nicely tucked away opposite Microsoft bldg 27 and was quiet and clean and just what I needed. It's a quick bus ride or drive to the nearby Trader Joe's for groceries or to Crossroads Mall & Cinema.

Highly recommended. ~Kelsey;)

Room Tip: non smoking rooms mean non smoking rooms be on time & quick for the continental breakfast becau...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MAGDYI, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Redmond, responded to this review, December 26, 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Århus
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

When I red the reviews of this place on tripadvisor, I had already ordered the room. I actually got nervous about going because some of the reviews were really bad.

I really must say that it's not that bad at all! They will clean your room once a week, but you can get extra coffee pads, towels and everything else you need in the reception. If you want extra housekeeping, you can also order that.

The "breakfast" is just coffee, snacks and oatmeal and it's "grap and go" from the reception.

Rooms are ok, it's quiet and clean enough for me. Parking is near your front door and free.

Don't worry - if you need to be near Microsoft or something else near this place, this is a fine pick. I would not pick this place otherwise.

Room Tip: Any room is fine, but you have to carry you luggage up the stairs if you choose a place on the first...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank tausick
MAGDYI, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Redmond, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way,"" and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Haifa, Israel
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

I spent a relatively long period of time in this particular hotel.
Not only do they clean it just once a week, the level of cleanliness, inside the rooms as well as outside, is poor.
In addition to dust and grease stains on the kitchen table, I also found stains on a new, "fresh" sheet, a big black stain on a "new" towel, and kitchen utensils that were waiting for me dirty and greasy in the kitchen drawer from the previous room guest.
Add to that Management that hardly addressed my messages and concerns and part of the front desk staff (not all!) that did not bother to offer basic service or convey complaints to management to realize that there are probably better hotel choices around.
If that is not enough, hear that: Management admitted that a staff member that they were not willing to disclose was accessing my room without a known reason. Is that spooky or what.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a window that can be opened otherwise the cooking will smell there forever. Che...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
MAGDYI, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Redmond, responded to this review, October 5, 2012

Please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent an unacceptable situation like yours from occurring. All rooms are regularly cleaned and disinfected upon a guest's checkout as well as during applicable periods of the stay, then inspected by a manager who determines if it meets our quality standards. Obviously, your experience indicates that our system broke down. I also apologize that the front desk and management didn't address your concerns in a timely fashion. In response, I have met with hotel management and staff to find out why and to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence.

Travelers are raving about these Bellevue hotels

Sun City West, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

We booked this place because of location, pet policy and the extended stay rates. When you are staying for a few weeks a hotel can get really expensive. The staff tried to help the best they could but the accommodations were just too tired. One out of every two towels had stains on them and the bedding was stained, it made you feel that everything was dirty. Kitchen area was not adequately stocked, no glasses, two cups, two or three pieces of silverware and one pan. We had planned on staying in for a few meals but that did not happen. The cleanliness of the place was the worst I have seen in my travels. Although we will need to have extended stays in the area again, we will not be staying there.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Redmond, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of our hotel. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

I do appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns about the bed in your suite. First, please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring. Specifically, standard operating policy is that linens are always replaced with fresh, clean new bedding before a guest checks in. In addition, all rooms are inspected prior to being made available to the public. That having been said, I recognize the issue you have brought to my attention and discussed it with hotel staff and management.

traveller20074
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

Well, after the Factoria incident, I am again dealing with a hard, uncomfortable, squeeky bed. I should have known better, it's my fault. I realized that I had done an older review of Factoria, and beds were an issue then too. I don't think they really care, to be honest. I have a comfortable bed at home, and wish the beds here were 1/2 that comfortable. I have never had a harder bed at any other motel. I could also hear the bed squeeking as my neighbor got out of bed this morning. It's a deal-breaker, the bed, I won't be back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Redmond, responded to this review, September 4, 2012

Let me begin by saying I am sorry that the beds at this hotel are not up to your expectations again. Knowing that you had the same issue at another of our companies hotels is truly disconcerting. We recognize that if our guests can't get a good night's sleep, they won't return, so we've chosen bedding that we hope best suits their needs. I do take seriously your concern, and promise that we will continue to look for ways to make sure every guest is as comfortable as possible when staying with us.

Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stayed at Homestead for a month and I liked the place. I give it a 3.5 rating due to three issues that I had during my stay:

After check-in:

1. the coffee maker and iron weren't working at all - but these were replaced the following day, after I talked to Matt at the front desk.

2. the comforter wasn't clean - there were hairs all over them. This was replaced the following day, after I talked to Matt at the front desk.

Last two weeks:

3. scheduled clean-up didn't happen on-time - twice I had to request front desk to schedule my room for clean-up. I think house-keeping was overwhelmed and lost track of their own schedule. This area needs to be improved.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Redmond, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. Given our company's commitment to superior guest service, it was great to read about your positive experience with our staff. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. You certainly have my sincerest apologies

We know that our guests have multiple hotel choices, which is why we work hard to provide our guests with the exceptional service they are due. As the number of housekeeping services depends on the length of a guest's stay, we have created a system for our staff to easily identify which guest room should receive housekeeping service each day. Clearly, our system failed during your stay.

Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2012

During a regional power outage due to an ice storm (February of this year, I think), we were forced to quickly find a place to stay. Our daughter made our reservation, as our phone service was also minimal.

When we arrived, there was a long wait while the hotel people sorted things out (I waited in the car), and after about 20 minutes, we were given a key to our room.

We were grateful for the heat and light, and we were able to charge our phones and use a laptop.

However, I was disappointed at how tiny the space was. True, there was a little kitchen, which we didn't use--but probably a nice benefit for some. The whole space, overall, really needs an update. It felt rundown. It is one of those places where you feel a little uncomfortable about the cleanliness. The bathroom was very small and very plain, and not as clean as one woud like to see. I had to go to the office to request soap and shampoo and was given one tiny sliver of soap--I asked for one additional sliver.

This place would probably be okay if you were working during the day and just falling into bed at night. Don't expect any luxuries.

I'd be reluctant to stay here again unless we had another power outage and nothing else was available.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bellevue
Fairfield Inn & Suites Seattle Bellevue/Redmond
Extended Stay America - Seattle - Bellevue - Downtown
Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Redmond
Silver Cloud Inn Redmond
Residence Inn Seattle Bellevue
Redmond Inn
Redmond Inn
#5 of 7 in Redmond

Been to Extended Stay America - Seattle - Redmond? Share your experiences!