“the bed...again. It's a deal-breaker, I won't be back.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Extended Stay America - Seattle - Redmond

Extended Stay America - Seattle - Redmond
Ranked #23 of 28 Hotels in Bellevue
traveller20074
“the bed...again. It's a deal-breaker, I won't be back.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

Well, after the Factoria incident, I am again dealing with a hard, uncomfortable, squeeky bed. I should have known better, it's my fault. I realized that I had done an older review of Factoria, and beds were an issue then too. I don't think they really care, to be honest. I have a comfortable bed at home, and wish the beds here were 1/2 that comfortable. I have never had a harder bed at any other motel. I could also hear the bed squeeking as my neighbor got out of bed this morning. It's a deal-breaker, the bed, I won't be back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Redmond, responded to this review, September 4, 2012

Let me begin by saying I am sorry that the beds at this hotel are not up to your expectations again. Knowing that you had the same issue at another of our companies hotels is truly disconcerting. We recognize that if our guests can't get a good night's sleep, they won't return, so we've chosen bedding that we hope best suits their needs. I do take seriously your concern, and promise that we will continue to look for ways to make sure every guest is as comfortable as possible when staying with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stayed at Homestead for a month and I liked the place. I give it a 3.5 rating due to three issues that I had during my stay:

After check-in:

1. the coffee maker and iron weren't working at all - but these were replaced the following day, after I talked to Matt at the front desk.

2. the comforter wasn't clean - there were hairs all over them. This was replaced the following day, after I talked to Matt at the front desk.

Last two weeks:

3. scheduled clean-up didn't happen on-time - twice I had to request front desk to schedule my room for clean-up. I think house-keeping was overwhelmed and lost track of their own schedule. This area needs to be improved.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Redmond, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. Given our company's commitment to superior guest service, it was great to read about your positive experience with our staff. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. You certainly have my sincerest apologies

We know that our guests have multiple hotel choices, which is why we work hard to provide our guests with the exceptional service they are due. As the number of housekeeping services depends on the length of a guest's stay, we have created a system for our staff to easily identify which guest room should receive housekeeping service each day. Clearly, our system failed during your stay.

Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2012

During a regional power outage due to an ice storm (February of this year, I think), we were forced to quickly find a place to stay. Our daughter made our reservation, as our phone service was also minimal.

When we arrived, there was a long wait while the hotel people sorted things out (I waited in the car), and after about 20 minutes, we were given a key to our room.

We were grateful for the heat and light, and we were able to charge our phones and use a laptop.

However, I was disappointed at how tiny the space was. True, there was a little kitchen, which we didn't use--but probably a nice benefit for some. The whole space, overall, really needs an update. It felt rundown. It is one of those places where you feel a little uncomfortable about the cleanliness. The bathroom was very small and very plain, and not as clean as one woud like to see. I had to go to the office to request soap and shampoo and was given one tiny sliver of soap--I asked for one additional sliver.

This place would probably be okay if you were working during the day and just falling into bed at night. Don't expect any luxuries.

I'd be reluctant to stay here again unless we had another power outage and nothing else was available.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

Campinas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2012

Stayed there for two weeks in 2012; the location is convenient (especially if you are visiting Microsoft), the stuff is friendly and helpful, and the rooms are OK. It is good that there is a small kitchen; it's worth noting, however, that the equipment there is a bit old and not always properly working (in my case, for instance, the fridge was not functioning too well...).

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Redmond, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

Jalandhar
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2011

I stayed in this hotel for 3 months to complete the onsite project in Seattle. it is very good location amid in Nature and very near to Microsoft Campus.

Room Tip: Rooms on second floor are better, you will get sun and light as well.