Red Lion Hotel Bellevue
Hotel Bellevue(Bellevue)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
All reviewsoutdoor poolbreakfast buffetcomfortable bedsnice stayfree shuttleclose to downtownwi fifront desk staffshuttle serviceyogurtking bedconvenient locationbusiness tripseattlefreewaymicrowaveconvention
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 6, 2009

I told them I was coming with three other women and we wanted to share a room. They gave us a room with two DOUBLE beds-not queens-DOUBLES. We needed a bottom floor and when we got there they said it was the only one left with two beds. Overall, it was very frustrating that after being told several weeks in advance that there were 4 of us in a room and we needed two beds, that they would give us double beds. I didn't even know hotels still had them. Not happy at all-they really should have planned for us to be in two queens.

Plus, The beds were so soft that they were angled and dented in the middle. I spent the whole night rolling into into my friend. The pillows were fine. The tub wouldn't drain and the sink didn't have hot water. When I got out of the shower the next morning I picked up my towel to find it stained (at least I hope it was only stained and that they didn't give me a dirty towel-ewwww).

Pick a different hotel!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank MBC_7
Reviewed October 9, 2009

The Red Lion Inn is the hotel of choice when my company needs to book a conference center for presentations. The rooms are clean, spacious, and most, if not all, have recently been revamped. Conveniently located next to I-5, a short walk to the Bellevue public transportation hub, and very close to downtown Bellevue. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay there and will do it again, especially at the low price I paid.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank downwitda
Reviewed October 8, 2009

The hotel looked much more run down/old from the outside than it actually was from the inside. It had a nicely decorated room, although I would suggest a room not on the ground floor as we had people walking past our patio door during the day. Security was pretty good, though, with an extra bar on the door to prevent break-ins. The woman who checked us in was ok, but she made us just standing there waiting for her to do some paperwork, and I felt a little ignored. The location was a little out of downtown next to the freeway (on Google Maps it actually has you in the middle of the freeway for that address, which isn't correct but close). if you want easy freeway access, it was a good place to stay. We stayed there for the FREE PARKING, which we were grateful in an over-priced city where it would have cost $16 per day to park at the Hyatt 9 blocks away. We were offered $20 off breakfast coupons, but decided to use the fridge in our room for bagels in stead as I heard from other reviewers the food wasn't good at the restaurant. Overall, though, it was a nice stay, we would go again for the price alone if we had to stay in Bellevue.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 5, 2009

Let's just list some of my concerns about the red lion:
Mold in the shower
burned out light bulbs
wallpaper that was peeling off the walls
lumpy bed combined with uncomfortable pillows
loudest heater ever!
nickle and dime you every chance they get

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 27, 2009

Centrally located in Bellevue with easy access to rapid highways to all points, yet, hidden in wonderful foliage giving a county feeling. The low two story buildings with plenty of free parking, restaurant, bar and swimming pool create a relaxed atmosphere. Free Wi-Fi worked well with laptop and iPod Touch. Breakfast buffet was plentiful and good. Service was warm and friendly. Stayed seven nights at $99. per night average on summer sale. Was a satisfying stay.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple