“Short stop, nice stay, always consistent.”

Red Lion Hotel Bellevue
Ranked #21 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
Reviewed August 22, 2014 via mobile

We stopped here for one night on our way to the ocean and to see a Mariners game. We've stayed here several times before and the hotel has consistently been a great place. The beds are super comfortable, the rooms are always very clean, and the staff is very nice. It's in an easily accessible area and but there's very little traffic noise. My only two issues are there's no elevators which is just an inconvenience if you're on the second floor and have an abundance of luggage, and secondly the pool was too warm. It was hot while we were there and the pool wasn't even refreshing to swim in. But those are minor and we will continue to call this our favorite hotel in Bellevue.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank KeriW
RedLionHotelBellevue, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to 0ffer your kind words regarding our facility. My staff and myself are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have addressed the pool temperature with our Chief Engineer and the issue has been rectified. Thank you for bringing that to my attention. We take great pride in the quality of our pool with our water always crystal clear and inviting, and attempt to keep it at a consistent temperature for our guests comfort. Regarding the second floor rooms we understand the inconvenience of having to carry luggage up the stairs. I wish to mention that staff is always available to assist guests for whom this may be more than an inconvenience to.

Thank you again for your comments and I hope we have the opportunity to play host to you again on a future stay.

Reviewed August 22, 2014

It's unfortunate that we had an issue at this property as there were a few things done right. The hotel itself and rooms were nice. The outdoor pool is also nice. The restaurant serves a nice breakfast buffet and service was great.

We asked for a very quiet room and were placed at the back of the property opposite the freeway noise.....the room was very quiet.

The real problem I'd suggest is a housekeeping/maintenance issue. My daughter had a reaction during our stay here. The air conditioner appears to have issues and needs cleaning. I've attached a photo to illustrate the condition of the air conditioner. We also had a problem with linens not being clean, and also a shortage of pillows for a rollaway that was brought into the room. We were advised that there was a shortage of supplies when the rollaway was brought in.

The biggest issue is the state of the air conditioners as appears to be a health issue. I am not sure if other rooms have the same issue, but for us this was major.

Be aware that there may be construction on the bridge that takes you into Seattle. It would have been nice if the front desk would have advised us of this construction and suggested alternate routes as the bridge was closed.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel so that you are opposite the freeway. Second level would be...
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest,
I wish to express my sincere apology for the condition of the AC unit in your guestroom. We strive to exceed each of our guests expectations and fell very short in that goal with the condition of your guestroom. I have addressed this maintenance need with our Chief Engineer and all such units have now been inspected. Thank you for taking the time to offer your comments and for bringing this to my attention.
I have sent a personal email to you via Trip Advisor to offer to make amends. I look forward to the opportunity to communicate with you further.

Reviewed August 22, 2014

You can not beat the Red Lion in Bellevue. If cost matters to you, the best value in Bellevue is the Red Lion. The staff is friendly and helpful. The rooms are large and comfortable, the restaurant is "ok" breakfast is the only meal I eat there. They will give you a ride anywhere in Bellevue. My only wish is that they would modernize the exercise equipment, and perhaps dedicate some more space for it. I visit Bellevue 25-30 nights a year and I always stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: If you exercise, plan on a run outside
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for being a frequent guest of our hotel and for taking the time to offer your kind comments. They are shared with each member of our staff and are greatly appreciated!
You may have noticed we now offer a 24 hour food and beverage option in our hotel lobby with our "Market Zone". It is our hope that guests find this convenient with a variety of fresh food, beer and wine, espresso, sundries etc. available at any hour. We regret the inconvenience of having to order restaurant food to go. If that need arises in the future please feel free to call our Front Desk staff and they will arrange for you order to be delivered to your guestroom.

Reviewed August 22, 2014

Me and my family stayed at the Red Lion for 5 days while on vacation in Seattle and the room was beautiful and very clean. Staff was exceptionally accommodating and check in was quick and easy. The location couldn't be better for visiting Seattle it was a quick drive into the city. The don't offer room service anymore which was a bummer but you can order and walk down to pick it up. No big deal.

• Stayed: August 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking your time to offer your kind comments regarding our hotel. I appreciate that you mentioned the value we offer our guests in this market. We take pride in offering all of the amenities that our higher priced competitors have without the added cost!

I am very glad that you enjoyed your visit. My staff and I hope for the opportunity to play host to you again for a future stay.

Reviewed August 19, 2014

Stayed for two nights in the Mt Olympus building while in Seattle. We didn't experience any road noise with windows and door closed, and the air con wasn't obtrusive. Comfy bed, usual amenities in the room. Overall the place may be getting a little dated but dollar for dollar it's still up with the best in Bellevue.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to extend your kind words regarding our hotel. All guest compliments are shared with our staff members which they truly appreciate!

I am pleased that you have discovered our property to be the best value in Bellevue. We agree wholeheartedly!

I and my staff look forward to the pleasure to play host to you again on a future visit.

Reviewed August 15, 2014

We came to Seattle last minute to watch a few Blue Jays games and everything was either 600/ night or sold out so we found this one it was perfect, easy fast check in, about 10 mins 30 in rush hour to safeco field, easy to get there, rooms were clean, comfy beds, convienant location really. Outdoor pool was fun for the kids, close to good restaurants. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed main floor was great. Close to pool
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
RedLionHotelBellevue, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to express your kind comments regarding our facility. I and my staff are always pleased when our guests have an enjoyable stay!

I am glad that you were able to discover our close driving proximity to Safeco. That's a bit of a 'hidden secret' in our area! I am also very pleased that you appreciated the value that our hotel offers, in both our facility and our guest services.

I hope to see you again on a future visit. Please ask for me at the Front Desk if we have the pleasure to play host to you again!

Reviewed August 12, 2014

We stayed for a baseball tourney in July. Rooms were discounted, which was the only plus about this hotel. I tried to change hotels, but unfortunately, hotels were full.
There are no elevators in this two story hotel, not a big deal unless you are carting a heavy bag in and out every day. We chose to stay on the first floor. The first room had a strong smoke smell, which the front desk acted surprised by our request to change rooms. The second room was not much better. If you like dark and damp rooms, this is the hotel for you. It was very musty. If you took shower for more than 3 minutes, the room steamed up and the dampness was awful. The windows are very old, there are complaints about the rooms being cold. We were there in July, so it was very hot, but I can imagine the rooms are very cold in the winter. The security is very questionable. The window locks are not very stable.
There was mold in the sink drain. Black mold. Disgusting.
The cleanliness standard of the hotel is very low.
It was a long 4 nights. Never again.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Sundance1

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your comments and I wish to sincerely apologize to you for the poor experience which you had at our property. We take great pride in exceeding our guests expectations and clearly fell short in that regard for your visit. I review all guest experience feedback with our operations managers in our continual effort to improve. At least in part due to your candid appraisal of our facility I am confident that a future visit would be more to your satisfaction.

Thank you again for your time.

Sincerely