“Great Location!”

Ranked #18 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
Post Falls, Idaho
“Great Location!”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Recently stayed at this hotel, and was happy for the most part. First, the water pressure is GREAT! I stay at so many hotels that have weak pressure, and it was so nice to have the pressure. The shower heads are also adjustable to three different settings. The restaurant was great! The drink prices are a little pricey, but it is Bellevue. All of the staff was very friendly, and very helpful. The rooms are very clean and updated. It is a great location. Very easy to get on and off of the freeway, and very close to a lot of restaurants. The Bamboo Garden is just a few blocks away, and they have the best Chinese food I have ever ate! I received a large package while I was there, and they asked me if I would like it delivered to my room. The only complaint that I have, was the cost of the candy and Gatorades in the lobby store. None of the prices were listed on the products, so I guess it was my own fault for not asking, but $2.50 for a standard size candy bar, and $4.00 for a small Gatorade seems outrageous to me. I do not want this to be a bad review, because I will definitely stay here again, but you might want to bring your own snacks.

1 Thank PSinternational

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed February 14, 2014

I stayed at this hotel as a guest of a group holding a meeting at the hotel. The staff is very nice, the food is very good - both room service and banquet. The location in Bellevue is convenient or so I think since I was only outside the very late night/early morning of arrival from SEA, an evening for dinner, and leaving at o'dark hundred to go back to the airport.

My room was immaculate tho' worn. It and the bathroom were very small. Tho' a king-bedded room, two people would not be comfortable in the room or the closet and certainly not the bathroom. I was also disappointed in not having a magnifying mirror in the bathroom. That should be a standard.

Too few elec. outlets for devices and iron.

The style of the hotel is more 'motel' like - or to me it was. All the rooms appear to have doors that open to the outside tho' they had good locks on them. The entrances to rooms (or at least mine) was through an indoor corridor. If you are given a room on the second floor, ask if you have to go up steps - and if they are inside or out.

There is an on-site restaurant. Adjacent to the front desk is a machine that makes coffee, espresso drinks, hot chocolate and tea. Oddly, the sundries that can be purchased do not include bottled water or batteries. Lots of alcohol was available for sale! I wasn't, even arriving at o'dark hundred, offered a complimentary bottle of water at check in. I heard if you are a Red Lion "preferred" member, you do get water at check in. Since they don't sell it, it would be a nice thing to do for all guests. (I'm fine w/ tap water but there were too few glasses in my room to use for toothbrush holder and drinking.)

The meeting space is "over the river and through the woods" -- ok .. not really but one has to go outside to get there. And in heavy rain, even tho the walkways are covered overhead, they are open to the elements.

Glitch: bec. I needed to leave for my flight at 3:15 a.m., I asked the front desk about arrangements for transportation. They said they use a car service and would make arrangements for a 3:15 a.m. p/u. I got to the lobby and there was no transportation. The front desk called the car service - the correct time for pick up was logged in - and they had it as 3:15 PM! They called a cab co. but that was gonna be another 20 mins. so thank goodness for my car-service app.- less than 10 mins. with a driver who was excellent. (The hotel personnel didn't know about that service and that's too bad.)

Would I stay there again? Probl. not given other options. It is a mixed feeling about the property that I have still.

Room Tip: IF you are there for a meeting, ask for a room in the main building closest to the meeting space esp...
Bellevue
Reviewed February 10, 2014

The Red Lion was a great, comfortable spot for a long and intense institute. The only problems I heard about were meeting room temperature (staff worked very hard to rectify) and some rooms were inconsistent with heat. The staff took care of us very well and were very interested in our having a good time.

Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Oak Harbor, Washington
Reviewed February 9, 2014

We had a four-day conference here and I can’t imagine it going better than it did. Our conference was relatively small (70 people) but we were broken into groups and we made the most of the smaller side rooms, in addition to the larger ball room. The staff was extremely helpful and understanding, a special tribute to Jose and his “family.” The banquets were always on time, properly presented and deliciously complete. I also need to give a special shout-out to Victor the bar tender for being able to handle our impromptu gathering on a Saturday night when we unexpectedly filled up his bar. The facilities are not brand new but they are very well maintained and the layout is attractive. I imagine it would be even better in nicer weather when you can make use of the outdoor pool. There did appear to be a common complaint about the noisy heater units and a few guests reported that cleaning the filters was worth the effort. This location is near the freeway but I didn’t notice it while in the hotel. What I did notice was that there must have been a dog show nearby and this must have been one of the few pet friendly establishments in the area. The rooms are not overly large but were clean, comfortable and equipped with small refrigerators and microwaves. I highly recommend the onsite restaurant (Jonah’s) for its comfort food menu and affordable prices. I’d certainly go back and I will recommend it to others.

Draper, UT
Reviewed February 9, 2014

This hotel was a good value for the money. Hotels in Bellevue aren't inexpensive by any stretch, and while it's by far the best value for the location it could use some updating. Having said that, they have those per-room AC/Heater units and the benefit is you can control the temperature to your liking, which to me is a plus. I also noticed that the bathroom had been updated recently, so perhaps they are in the throes of a gradual update. The staff is great and the on premises restaurant, Jonah's, is actually a nice surprise. I had dinner there and the food was quite good and reasonably priced. The 'Roaring Start' breakfast the following morning was also very good. The eggs were perfectly cooked (not runny) with just the right amount of cheddar cheese on top (meaning not too much) and the link sausage was also cooked just right. It was the best breakfast I had eaten in quite a few hotel stays, to be candid, so that was a plus. The only negative was the mattress in my room - it needed replacing. Other than that it was a good place to stay.

Gresham, Oregon
Reviewed February 6, 2014

My family stayed here in January for a cheer competition. We stayed in the Mt. Saint Helens building it was close to the free way but you couldn't hear any road noise. The room was very well updated it new upgrades throughout. The only down side to our stay was the beds they were very uncomfortable. Our room had two double beds and I'm not sure if they had rooms with two queen beds but I would have preferred that over doubles, I would just ask in the future if they have them. The only two down sides were there was no complementary breakfast and out hall way to get to our room stunk so bad at one end it smelt like marijuana and the other smelt just horrible. Once you were in the room it was great smelt fine and no complaint's. The only other thing would be if you are not a smoker it sucks that every time you enter the door to go in the building you have to pass the smoker/garbage tray. Overall it was a great stay.

Room Tip: Room Price is a +
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Surrey
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Great value for money. Very comfortable bed. Great staff, clean room. Too bad so many hotels have those noisy fans for the heating! ---------------------------------------------------------------------

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family