“Can it be the 12th most popular hotel in Bellevue?”

Red Lion Hotel Bellevue
Ranked #19 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
canada
“Can it be the 12th most popular hotel in Bellevue?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2008

We recently stayed in this hotel for 5 nights for business cum pleasure and got a decent rate which is why we chose this hotel over Silver Cloud. Its location is ok since you can walk to many eateries and Bellevue downtown (about 20 mins). This hotel doesn't have elevator which is problematic for family with baby who needs a stroller like us. And they charged extra $10/ day for the baby crib. The hotel service is left wanting. We asked if we could change our room to the ground floor since it's inconvenient for us but the receptionist Tanya was unpleasant and not helpful. She kept saying they have only 2 rooms to sell and can't promise anything. All said and done, she didn't even try to do anything with our request. When the hotel room service brought the crib to our room, he didn't even help to bring in to a suitable spot in the room, he just left it in the entry way and I had to haul the crib in to arrange it myself. I thought he was coming back with the crib sheets but finally realized he wasn't coming back. I had to pull one of the sheets from our bed to make do as the mattress cover for the baby crib.
We would probably pay a lil more next time and stay at Silver Cloud for a far more pleasant experience and FREE breakfast and baby crib and free shuttle to nearby areas.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — service
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
3 Thank meiathome

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2008

This was my first trip to Bellevue and the corporate office booked my stay.

Overall, I would say that this is a nice place to stay but the management should spend some time tending to the place. I found plumbing, bathroom cleanliness, and the halls to be needing some attention.

The room was very cozy, with wood headboards, thick duvets, and throw pillows. The bathroom had a nice shower head, although I had to struggle to get the water turned on. When I took a bath, I got a view of under the toilet that I wish I had not seen. Also, the tiles in the bath could use some bleach as mold was forming. I think on a day to day basis, the place is clean but it needs some serious detail work done now.

For the business travel, I echo what others have said in that it's not the perfect business hotel. There no continental breakfast to grab and go - you must make time to eat in the restaurant or pay for room service ($$). I could never get wi-fi to work in my room, and the computer in the lobby was $2.50 for 15 minutes. At the very minimum hotels should help business customers get boarding passes.

The fitness center is a converted hotel room with 2 treadmills, a cycling machine and a stepper. There is almost no room for any floor work.

I had a first floor room that looked directly on the parking lot so I had to keep my curtains closed all the time. The hotel also faces a major interstate, so I can't comment on the noise but I was not bothered in my room.

My phone would not dial out - no one uses them anymore so it's not a big issue except that my phone kept setting up a wake-up call when I didn't order one. So whenever I picked up my phone to call the front desk, it wold automatically ring the front desk. No one believed me and the problem was never fixed. I would just lie in bed distracted by the blinking message light that would never go away.

I would stay here again for the convenience to my offices, and the fact that it was not a huge chain. The lobby was very inviting and cozy. The staff was very friendly and professional except for the person who continually ignored my phone problems. They ordered car service for me and it arrived on time.

• Liked — Location, the comfortable design
  • Disliked — Bathroom cleanliness, lack of business services
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank Loriva
Vancouver, BC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2008

Red Lion Hotel
1211 Main Street
Bellevue, Washington

Asked for and received a quiet room which overlooked the pool area. The most comfortable bed I have ever slept in in my entire 60 years!!....another guest who happened to be checking out at the same time agreed. The bathroom is small, but the price is reasonable (entertainment book rate the best $84) relatively close to Bellevue Square, free parking and wireless. Also a computer in the lobby. We didn't try the restaurant.
Will be back there in March.
Barbara, Vancouver, BC

Stayed January 2008
1 Thank BarbaraVancouver_BC
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2007

This hotel has really improved. The beds are super comfortable, especially the king bed. The lobby is warm and inviting, so take a moment to enjoy a fresh brewed cup of coffee and relax by the gas fireplace. I really liked the staff and the breakfast with the Romance package was a really nice touch. I would stay here again on my next visit to Bellevue. My room was behind the restaurant, so my guess is that it helped drown out any freeway noise. It's also a good idea to leave the heat on for white noise.

Hope you have as good a time as I time. Special thanks to the front desk and the General Manager for making this stay great.

Stayed November 2007
1 Thank SeattleStartupCEO
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2007

The rooms were well decorated, and roomy with comfortable chairs to sit in and enjoy our morning coffee. The hotel lobby staff were very helpful. The towels were thick and luxurious and the beds were great! There were 4 of us traveling together. We were able to get 2 adjoining rooms which allowed us to move freely between the rooms for evening "wine and cheese" get togethers.

Even though we had a rent car we decided it less stressful to use the hotel limo to take us to the transit center and catch the bus to Seattle. Just about 20 minute ride into the tourist areas of Seattle. The Senior rate was only $1.25 each, a real bargain.

If you are tired and want a very stress free way to pass some time, there are some very pretty botanical gardens in the Bellevue park, just across the freeway.

I guess my only disappointment was that there is a charge to use the internet enabled computer that is in the lobby. In this day and time, I thought the access there should be free.

• Liked — The cleanliness and comfort of the room, plus the free hotel limo
  • Disliked — I would have liked the lobby internet access to be free
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with friends
Grant, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2007

We stayed here for the Buick show last weekend. Nice place, good but busy location kept up well and staffed by nice employees. You had to PAY to use the lobby computer (I printed boarding passes) and I don't care for that policy. Hampton usually has at least one computer you can use for free. Breakfast was on your own every morning so you had to pay even more $$$$$ PLUS that can take some time. Its up to you and what kind of a stay you want and want to pay for. The room was nice, quiet and outfitted with above average quality soaps/towels. I guess I like a little less formal setting.

• Liked — High quality place and nice supplies in the room.
  • Disliked — No free computer, no included free breakfast, a little too formal for what I want.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
3 Thank Impala guy
Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2007

My husband and I were looking for somewhere to stay for a weekend, while we visited Seattle. We found the prices of hotels in Seattle to be a bit high, so we decided to stay in Bellevue at the Red Lion and we were VERY glad with our choice.

The hotel was very easy to find and very close and fast to get to Seattle.

We were very impressed as soon as we walked into the lobby - it was very clean and nice.

Once we got to our room we were even more impressed. We were on the second floor facing the pool and it was great. I was worried about it being noisy because it was close to the freeway, but weren't bothered by noise at all.

The room was large, clean, and the bed was very comfortable. Also the bathroom was nice and it was really nice to have a 'rain' shower head.

We will definitely be staying here on our next trip to Seattle.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple