“This is a standard motel.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Lion Hotel Bellevue

and 1 more site!
Red Lion Hotel Bellevue
Ranked #19 of 28 Hotels in Bellevue
“This is a standard motel.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

I got the wrong impression after reading the reviews for the Red Lion. This is a basic motel with basic accommodations. It is not convenient to downtown. It's a 10 minute drive. It was clean. I was under the impression that this was "nice" hotel not motel. Not so! If you're looking for nice, keep looking!

• Stayed May 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Brisbane
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

A pretty good hotel for business needs really. Well located - close to the 405 freeway for easy access - large parking area and only a short., mostly level walk to most food and shopping needs.

Given it is so close to the freeway I was concerned when I looked out my window that it might be noisy when trying to sleep - but no issues there at all - well insulated from the noise (the soft beds might have helped there too :).

Breakfast buffet was more than adequate and a lot better many US hotels I've stayed at.

Overall - for a business trip or conference great for the price.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

looks a bit sketchy on the outside, but the inside is actually very nicely remodeled room! Bathroom is very clean, and everything worked out for me. The staff at the front desk was nice too :D I would definitely stay again for the price!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank A T
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

I don't sleep well when I travel and every little thing keeps me awake but I had the best nights sleep at this Red Lion I think I have ever had while traveling. I ususally take medication to sleep when traveling but at this location the bed with all those extra pillows was so comfortable I drifted right off to sleep. The room was very clean, sheets and bed linens were crisp and stainless. My black light did not pick up a trace of "ick" anywhere on the bed linens, the bath lines were of quality and stainless along with the provided robe, the carpet and furniture were upscale and in very good shape. The climate control unit was quite and just enough to put me right to sleep. I will definately stay at this location again. And I loved the sliding glass door and patio access, I am a smoker.

Room Tip: Second floor has balcony.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

The hotel is located right off of the 405 freeway and is close to many ammenities. I wouldn't recommend eating at the restuarant. The selection of food isn't great and the price are high, at least I thought, for what you get. Breakfast was buffet and was included in the price of my room otherwise I wouldn't have paid for breakfast. The staff is nice but not overly friendly. I had the shuttle take me to my destination (which was nice) but when I called to get a ride back I had to wait over an hour and call twice the hotel twice. The room was clean except for the fact that there was a LOT of lint and stuff in the hairdryer in the room and there was some mold in the bathtub around that soap holder. They need more trash cans/bifg trash cans. The bed was soft and comfortable. They didn't have enough cable channels for my liking but they do have wifi. The room heater is very noisy but I was very tired so it didn't bother me, but might bother light sleepers. The bathroom is small, one sink, not ideal if you are traveling with others. The view of the freeway wasn't great. It's a two story place with multiple buildings and no elevators. So, if you can't or don't want to walk up to the second floor, you have to stay on the first or stay somewhere else. I was very disturbed when I found that the hotel staff tried to get into my room while I was sleeping. I heard a noise and when I checked the door had been unlocked and the door bolt had been moved. Very distressing! Its not the best place but it's nice enough. Good for a person traveling alone or someone not planning on staying for two long.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

Nice remodeled room. Great location for the value. The outside of the buildings looks frightening but don't worry the inside is much better. The only strange thing was that in a certain part of our room the floor was perpetually wet. Made me worry about some kind of leaking...

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

We love staying at this hotel whenever we are in the Seattle area, especially when we attend Seattle Mariner games. It is such easy access from this hotel to I-90 to Safeco Field. We have found the staff to be very helpful and friendly. Our rooms are always clean and comfy. The friendly staff go out of their way to assist us. It is very affordable and it seems to always be busy when we are there. That shows to us that others like staying there too. We travel a lot and find most hotels can use some upgrading. But, nothing is bad enough to make us stop staying here. For us it is a perfect fit!

Room Tip: I request a room on the main floor as I have trouble with stairs.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple