“"520 is The Best"”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of 520 Bar & Grill

520 Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
520 Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #47 of 540 Restaurants in Bellevue
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 102nd Avenue
Transit: There are bus stops all along Bellevue Way and Main Street.
Bellevue, WA
“"520 is The Best"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2012

This was the first time I have been to 520 for Brunch. The other 2 times I was here was for "Happy Hour" during the early afternoon. The service for brunch was excellent. The waiter could not have been better. He was there before I could ever try to summon him, to pour more water, get us more coffee, cream, etc. I strongly disagree with one of the other reviewers who said the menu for brunch was very limited. In addition to the 8 items listed specifically as brunch selections, there were 9 entrees & salads, as well as 9 starters & sandwiches. I guess if you can't find anything you like among these 26 items, you could call the menu "limited". At Happy Hour I ordered the hummus plate both times and it was delicious. The service at Happy Hour was not as good as at Brunch; perhaps they did not have enough staff, but they always seemed to be "hopping around" as fast as they could. At Brunch I had the vegetarian scramble. The scramble was delicious and the home fried potatoes which accompanied it would have been too, if they were hot, instead of luke warm. Although I did not dine outside, it appeared that that would be a better place to sit if you had children with you. When I looked out the window at the patio, all the children seemed to be having a great time. It is a lively place, no question about it. If you are looking for a "quiet, romantic place" this should not be your first choice. But if you are looking for a place with lots of camaraderie with the other patrons, this is a great option.

Seattle
“"It's a Bar" .. a Happy, Noisy Bar That serves good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2012

They have outdoor seating and on a nice day it's easier to get in because of the additional seating. I don't know that I'd take kids there (unless outside seating is available) because it is noisy and server's seem to cater more to visiting with younger patrons (not kids) so children may get bored inside. We had poor service from our waitress, thank goodness someone else brings out the food, which was good. I had the burger and my wife had the teri beef on rice - both very good.

Portland, Oregon
“Decent spot for lunch or happy hour”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2012

Attractive neighborhood spot that has a nice outdoor patio. I have dined there for Brunch, lunch and happy hour. The menu selection at lunch and happy hour is ample. The quality of the food is pretty solid and priced fairly.As far as brunch goes, the menu was very limited and the quality of the food was just ok. Over all the service here is friendly but spotty at best. On each visit, I has to ask repeatedly for refills or additional beverages or condiments. If your in this area it's a decent place to stop but not worth traveling for.

Visited March 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great service and family friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2012

It's hard to find a place with adult drinks and food that will cater to kids but 520 works hard to make everyone happy. We have two year old twins who can be busy. The hostess went out of her way to get us seated. Hard to do in a place with a bar when you have kids. She brought back French fries for the kids right when we were seated without being asked. They made yummy kiddie drinks for the girls with oj, pineapple, and apple juice. The kids were so happy that we had a quite dinner because the help anticipated our needs. Bravo! The food was excellent. I had Asian fish and it was the best fish I've had in Seattle. Husband had clams and none were left. The nachos looked fantastic and we did not get them because they looked like a meal. I will want to go back during happy hour! Great little menu for happy hour. And my mojoto was excellent.

• Visited April 2012
“Unless you're a regular, the service sucks!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

The food is good, decent happy hour pricing and good beer and wine selection. However, I did notice that unless you're a friend of the owner or a regular regular you don't get treated as well.

Visited March 2012