“True Italian pizza. So delish!”
Review of Pizzeria Guido - CLOSED

Pizzeria Guido
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 17, 2013

While this restaurant is definitely not in the "good" area of Bellevue, the pizza is beyond good. It's virtually an exact taste replica of Pizzeria Buffetta in Rome. We love the mushroom, sausage and garlic, the prosciutto and arugula and the classic margarita. Skip the little black dress clad owners daughters and ask for Heriberto. He's the heart of the place. He never forgets a face and definitely adds to the atmosphere and general feeling of family. Ushering you in, asking how you've been and picking up on the last conversation you had you instantly feel like their best regular. There's a solid wine list and a relaxed, casualness to the place that lets you just sit back and enjoy your meal. Ask for the house olive oil blend. It's an amazing garlicky blend that you won't be able to get enough of. And the best part of this taste feast, the price. The menu and price point is such that this can quickly become a consistent dinner out without breaking the bank. We find ourselves here about every other week. Once you taste this pizza you will too

There are newer reviews for Pizzeria Guido

Reviewed May 10, 2013

To be completely truthful, I never fancied Italian food much until I met this place. My, oh, my! The Tuscan-Style Pizzas: Thin crust, Italian sausage, prosciutto (crudo & cotto), artichokes, kalamata olives, muchrooms, asparagus, arugula, Mozzarella cheeeese!, fontina, gorgonzola- Toppings galore! The pizzas are delectable! They have several gratifying pasta dishes as well such as the Lasagna alla Toscana, Canneloni with veil in a scrumptious slightly creamy bolegnese sauce topped with shredded mozzarella, Spaghetti Meatballs, Speghetti bolegnese (to die for). There's also plenty to choose from for vegitarians. Phenomenal appetizers, too. I cannot have enough of their perfectly cooked calamari (which is hard to find), their Combinazione (assortment of meats and cheeses), and the Mozzarella Caprese. Great Calzones as well. And all for a very reasonable price. The wines are great- ask your server to help pair them with what you're having if you are not an expert. They do a great job- friendly, caring, beautiful, knowledgeable. For dessert try the Tiramisu- it's super fresh, seeing as how it's made at the restaurant itself! And the chocolate hazelnut truffle...and the cannoli's...ahhh. They aslo offer patio seating and catering.
And one more thing... I've had dreams about this food. No joke. Go!

Reviewed November 27, 2012

We went to have a quick bite before going to the cinema (opposite the restaurant). The place was reasonably busy; we were cordially received by friendly waitresses. The Carpaccio con rucola was not exactly to my taste: I prefer it raw rather than cured. The pizza, however, was excellent; we had Prosciutto e Funghi and Salsiccia, both excellent. Our friend had Lasagne Bolognese, which was also very nice. The Tiramisu was not the best I’ve ever had, but it was all right. The wile list is extensive, a great selection of Italian wines by glass or by bottle; we had the Chianti which did not disappoint.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

I recently went to this restaurant because I had a living social deal. I'd never heard of this place, but am a HUGE pizza fan, so wanted to try something new. A year ago, my husband and I went to Italy and had the amazing pizza in Rome and Sorrento and i have to say, this place reminded me of the pizza there. We ordered the sausage and basil and Margherita pizzas for three of us. Very simple with thin crust, red sauce and slices of fresh mozzarella and basil, topped the Margherita pizza and the sausage was pretty close to the same. Homemade sausage with fresh mozzarella. They were both really good and we would definitely go back, even though it's a little bit of a drive for us (we live in Finn Hill). Prices were very reasonable as well.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

Light, thin crust pizza, limited but wonderful toppings like arugula and prosciutto.( The whole restaurant is exactly the opposite experience from the ground beef-half a pound cheap cheese- heartburn kind of pizza that I can't even swallow)
Extended wine selection, pastas, appetizers, everything delicious!
Romantic evening out, comfortable