Residence Inn Seattle Bellevue/Downtown
Ranked #10 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
Reviewed December 31, 2013

I relocated with family to Microsoft in Bellevue and I stayed in this Residence Inn Bellevue Downtown from 12th Dec till 17th Dec. Their service is pretty good - right from check-in till check-out. Their breakfast service has good options. They also do a free pick-and-drop around their hotel which works great for people wanting to visit nearby malls or even Microsoft offices. Tiffany at the reception helped me fax some important documents and their hotel staff is generally cheerful and very customer-oriented.

But wait for this: I paid using my card when I left and then later found that my card has been double charged. I called up Residence Inn and Stephanie at the front desk asked me to wait for 5 days to see if the money gets returned. It didn't. I called again after about 10 days and this time Stephanie asked me to send an email to bellevueri@gmail.com with the card statement for proof saying the manager would get back to me asap. No one did. I've contacted my banker now to see what can be done.

Maybe they are lax since it is holiday season but businesses need to be professional. I'm still waiting for my money.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Jim L, General Manager at Residence Inn Seattle Bellevue/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to let us know how well the hotel service was during your stay in December at the Residence Inn Marriott Downtown Bellevue.

I'm so sorry about the credit card being doubled charged and please let me if this has not been resolved yet as we strive on customer service and want to make sure that every guest has a wonderful experience.

Thank you for staying with us and please let me know if there is anything else we can do to assist you.

Residence Inn Marriott Downtown Bellevue

Reviewed December 10, 2013

Updated, modern, and sleek are all spot-on adjectives to describe this hotel. From the lobby to the rooms to the pool, everything in this building is what one wants in a mid-range hotel. It has its own parking garage (costs a bit extra to park there), and the friendly staff can't be beat. We stayed in a suite that had a full-size refrigerator, oven, and sink, and had a sleeper couch, and it faced a huge garden that I'm sure is nice when it's not November (read: dead). The breakfast is very diverse and it changes a bit each day, and of course the coffee is great :) We have to return to the Bellevue area a few more times before we move out there, and we will definitely be staying in the Residence Inn.

Room Tip: You can face either the large plant-filled area with the city of Bellevue behind it, or the intersta...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank EyerishRogue

We want to thank you for letting us know on your experience here at the Residence Inn Marriott Downtown Bellevue and glad you had a wonderful experience.

We strive to make every effort for our guests to recieve a home away from home experience.

If there is anything you need in the future please let us know and thank you again for staying with us.

Take care,

Reviewed November 24, 2013

This one is a cut above the other Residence Inn's where I have stayed. In general, I have found them to be a good choice for business travel. This one has nice sized suites.

Bathrooms... very clean. As usual, almost impossible to get enough water pressure in the shower. Standard-operating-procedure these days in practically every hotel (that does not make it acceptable). Towels of good quality.

Bedroom... again, very clean. Bed was comfortable but I've slept in better. Good pillows and blankets.

Living area... once again, clean and comfortable. Lots of outlets and a hard wired internet cable in an obvious and covenient location. The desk chair was a bit worn out. Should be replaced. Kitchen area is also very clean although I did not really need it.

Other...
The facility is right adjacent to the highway. The room was noisy but I was so tired, I had no trouble sleeping. See if you can get a room on the side not facing the interstate. Very comfortable common areas and a very nice lounge. Would have been nice if they had a bar here. Unfortunately, no. Fireplaces are a nice touch as it was cold the days I was in town. Staff is friendly and efficient as you would expect at Marriott properties. Very consistent.

Location is good if you have business in the area. I'd stay here again and likely will.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank mitchm11741

I want to thank you for taking the time to let us know on your experience at the Residence Inn Marriott DT Bellevue. It is important to us to know how we are doing so we can strive to make sure every guest experiences is an enjoyable one.

I'm so glad you had a comfortable stay with our hotel and we also have a Nature Preserve room on the other side of the building not facing the freeway in case you need a more quieter room for your next stay.

Thank you for staying at the Residence Inn Marriott DT Bellevue!

Residence Inn Marriott Downtown Bellevue

Reviewed October 30, 2013

I was there this week and I left my credit card there. I called the front desk and I was given an answer right away that it is not there. She did not even check or take my number it was rude one line answer saying there is no credit cards left here this weak. Good rooms but will never ever stayed there. I have asked my company to not sign a possible $10,000 company contract with them.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank prats22

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to let us know about the poor customer service you received while at the Residence Inn Marriott DT Bellevue. We strive on customer service and when that is not met I take it very serious.

We have since changed management companies since your past stay but I want to make sure that if you return to the Bellevue area I will personally make sure that you have a wonderful experience.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do in the future for you and your company.

I appreciate you letting us know of your past stay so that I can make sure this doesn't happen to any other guest.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

As is typical Residence Inn, this property had friendly staff, excellent serivices, and amenities. The view of the park area from my room was lovely and as a frequent walker, I was able to get out and stretch my legs. The major drawback is that there is not much around the hotel (restaurants, grocery stores, shopping) within walking distance.

Room Tip: If possible, try to get a room on the "back" side to take advantage of the nice views.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank David W

I want to thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was at the Residence Inn Marriott Downtown Bellevue. We strive on customer service and want to make sure everyone has a great stay.

I appreciate your feedback about being away from the downtown restaurants and shopping and I don't know if you are aware we do have shuttle transportation 7 days a week to local restaurants and shopping.

If your travels brings you back to the Bellevue area please let me know if there is anything we can do to assist your needs.

Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn Marriott DT Bellevue!

Reviewed October 7, 2013

The occasion for our visit here was unpleasant. Nique helped me make the reservation and assured me it would turn out OK. When I arrived with two tired and stressed out children, she made a room available for our early check in and gave us a little bag of chocolates. After I got to my room she called up to make sure it was right for us. It was exactly what I hoped for. It was clean, quiet, and spacious.

As I was carrying all of our luggage a staff member stopped me and sweetly offered to help. I also accidently left my handbag in the hallway but another housekeeper knocked on the door and returned it.

The breakfast area was clean with a nice selection for everyone and the coffee isn't bad either.
We used the pool, the gym and the game lounge all of which were clean. The views of the nature preserve were beautiful. The only things I noted that received less than five stars was that some of the furniture in the living area of the room was a little worn and parking is a little tight.

The stay and service here helped us through a tough weekend. Heart felt thanks to Nique and the rest of the folks that work here.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

We want to thank you for taking the time to let us know how great your stay was with us and the service that was provided for you. We know that this was a tough time for your travels and we wanted to make sure this was a home away from home. I will pass on the great comments.

Thank you again and we hope you can return to the Residence Inn Marriott Downtown Bellevue on your next visit.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

We had the Nature Conservatory Studio with the views of the preserve. Very nice room, well equipped kitchen, bed was super comfortable . All areas of the hotel we were in except the pool area were clean and lovely. Air temp to pool temp was off and pool felt cold when we tried to enjoy it, plus some very rude families with small children were eating in the pool...in the pool and we didn't want to swim in their snack.
The housekeeping staff was very efficient and Tina gave us exceptional customer service when staff accidentally threw away a bag of seashells. (they did smell bad)
All in all I look forward to our next visit, breakfast was wonderful and we very much enjoyed how quiet our room was.

Room Tip: The Nature Conservatory Studios are well worth it, as for terrace level..super quiet and private
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Stephanie E, Front Desk Lead at Residence Inn Seattle Bellevue/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Dear KnottyMeadows,

Thank you for taking the time to write such positive words to us at the Residence Inn, as well as our TripAdvisor viewers.

I’m sorry that your experience with our pool facilities was less than inviting. I will pass your feedback about the temperature on to my Engineering staff, so that other guests may have more pleasant use of that area. Also, don’t hesitate to inform hotel staff of anything that may inhibit your ability to enjoy your stay with us.

I am very glad that you look forward to returning, and I look forward to your next visit as well!

Warmest regards,