“Expensive, but overall a great experience”

Residence Inn Seattle Bellevue/Downtown
Ranked #11 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
Seattle, Washington, United States
“Expensive, but overall a great experience”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Spent one night here - clean and comfortable room, great amenities, and great breakfast. I left my phone charger in the room and soon after we checked out they called and let me know it was at the front desk, which I appreciated.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Yakima Valley, Washington
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Spent 1 night here Nov 2012. Did not really need all of the space and amenities in the room, but really enjoyed everything about my stay here. Especially loved the Paul Mitchell grooming products! Would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
White Rock, Canada
Reviewed October 24, 2012

My husband and I have always appreciated the concept behind Marriott's Residence Inns: "Designed around everything you need to thrive on longer stays." We appreciate the full kitchens, free internet access (at most locations), well-equipped business centres, helpful staff, and generous breakfasts. This location, just off the freeway and on the outskirts of downtown Bellevue (we walked into downtown, through Bellevue's rather brief 'old town' - it took us about 1/2 hour), is definitely one of their best. This is the first Residence Inn we've stayed at that wasn't a complex of 2- to 3-storey buildings with outside entrances, in that it is a large, 7-floor building with standard hotel-style interior hallways and single-floor 'rooms' (as opposed to mini-apartments). Our 6th floor room faced the nature preserve, which we purposely booked, because you can practically spit onto the freeway from the opposite facing rooms - and are therefore subjected to constant busy freeway traffic noise. The view was very pleasant, and the sound level was reduced enough so that we could open our windows at night. The room was well laid out, with a comfortable chair and desk area, a compact but efficient kitchen (full size fridge, dishwasher, two-burner stovetop but no oven - only a microwave), good-sized closet space, full dresser, couch and chair with ottoman, coffee table, flat-screen TV (which accepted our media storage device - some don't!). All the furniture was in excellent shape and was comfortable and attractive. The free breakfast was served in a large area just off the lobby and had a number of excellent selections: A large bowl of plain yoghurt (yay!) and cottage cheese, fresh fruit chunks, and hot selections which included sausage patties, scrambled eggs, roasted red-skin potatoes, miso and rice, and oatmeal. There was also the regular selection of tubs of flavoured yoghurt, pastries and breads, fresh coffee, etc. The food arrangement was very open and easily accessed, and there was sufficient seating while we were there (and I think the hotel was full). There is also an evening 'Manager's Reception' serving beverages and light food, but this only happens certain weekday nights and we stayed on a weekend. There is a small lap pool and workout area on the lower floor, and you can get to it directly from the main elevator, which means you don't have to traipse through the lobby in a dripping bathing suit or sweaty workout togs! The only complaints I have are that there is no fan in the room toilet, and parking is an additional $10 per night - but we checked it out, and there wasn't any on-street parking, although we noticed some guests were parking their cars in the 'park and ride' lot located just across the street. All in all, an extremely pleasant, comfortable stay - we will return.

Room Tip: Select a room with a nature preserve view, and not overlooking extremely busy 405.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Teddy W, Property Coordinator at Residence Inn Seattle Bellevue/Downtown, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Betty08Vancouver_BC,

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel. We appreciate your feedback, and love to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel. The cars stationed in the "Park and Ride" across the street which you had mentioned run the risk of getting ticketed and towed by the city without proper prepaid passes.

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast selections, and the food and beverage team at the hotel will be very happy to read that the new options are a success.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We cannot wait to have you stay again with us.

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I travel extensively for work, and I must say that this hotel exceeded all my expectations. Location was convenient, staff were excellent and friendly, and the room was very large, comfortable, clean, and well suited for extended stays with a fully appointed kitchen, living room, desk, swivel flat-screen television, and comfortable bed.

Breakfast buffet every morning was very good with many choices, and was somewhat different each day to keep it interesting. On Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday they have a dinner/appetizer buffet with wine and beer included, which was a very nice touch and saved me a lot in meals.

I used the gym a few times and found the machines to be good quality and in good condition with none requiring service like I find at many hotels. The treadmills and ellipticals all have their own personal TVs as well. WIFI is included and is strong throughout the hotel, and I found the speeds quite reasonable at all times.

All in all I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and will recommend it to all my colleagues. I will definitely be looking at Residence Inns (when available) for my future travel accommodations.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Matt C,

It is a pleasure to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations while on business travel. The Residence Inn brand strives to create an atmosphere complete with all the necessary amenities that allow frequent business travelers such as yourself to thrive while they are away from home.

We look forward to having you stay with us again!

Pembroke Pines, Florida
Reviewed October 10, 2012

This is one of the most comfortable hotels we have spent time in! Everything was clean, new, staff super friendly.
Breakfast buffet is fabulous. Everything from fresh cut fruit to all the ingredients to prepare a waffle yourself, greek yogurt, granola. The coffee/ tea station was always clean.
The only bad comment about this property would be that being pet friendly, they do not ask the guests with pets to stay off the breakfast area....
Gym is very well equipped and there are sanitizer dispensers all over the hotel halls- my husband loved that!-
Washington state apples filled nice big bowls on the lobby...every little detail is so well kept! We sincerely recommend this hotel for your stay in Seattle, very conveniently located near the highway too.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank rosana n
Dear rosana n,

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us, and were able to enjoy your visit in Bellevue. I apologize for the pets being in the breakfast area while you were trying to enjoy your meal. Pets are not allowed in the food service areas unless they are service animals, and I am sorry that we did not catch this. I hope that you will come back and see us again in the future.

Kind Regards,

Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I have stayed at a number of different residence inn since I appreciate the concept.

This one is quite a new one and has the nicest rooms that I ever had in a residence inn.

This is not the top level of hotel but at this level I give you a very good rating.

The negative thing that I had are the location next to 405 that can be disturbing, the price that I find a bit on the high side and that the parking should be free.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Teddy W, Property Coordinator at Residence Inn Seattle Bellevue/Downtown, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear PatrickB5,

Thank you for taking the time to share your good experience at our hotel with everyone! I hope that you will visit us again in the future.

Teddy Wylupski
Sydney
Reviewed September 30, 2012

What a great place. We stayed at the Downtown for 7 nights in a studio, to be close to the Meydenbauer Center. The place seems to be really well geared up for longer stays, which, of course is its niche. A young and friendly crew welcomed us and notices in the room let us know how things worked. It’s about a 20 min walk to Meydenbauer. I felt very safe walking at all hours.

Next to reception is a small selection of microwaveable frozen dinners, snacks, wines and beers, and essential personal items for sale. This saved us on our first night. If you give the staff your grocery list they will shop for you at the local Safeway, at no cost.

The lobby has tons of seating, in niches and nooks, as well as 2 internet PCs. There are 2 fire places, a coffee and tea station with real milk, a Starbucks counter, a dedicated gamers’ room with entertainment centre, and an unexpectedly good breakfast. This was very popular with the guests, hence the tons of seating. Another great feature is the shuttle bus service, which we used several times. There are several washers and dryers on the Terrace floor (below the lobby). Both machines take 4 x quarters (just $1 each to wash & dry – bargain, and Reception is happy to provide change if you need). Despite the wall signs the washers take around 30 mins and dryers on hot cycle take 45 mins. There is also a soap powder dispense on the wall. Not sure of the cost as we took our own.

The bed was very comfortable, and the pillows were okay, but not brilliant. Spares in the wardrobe. The sheets were fine, and the towels thick and fluffy. This was the first time I encountered sheets not ironed, which I presume is a cost saving measure. Not a big deal for us. The shower pressure was okay, and temperature was consistent, but the shower head in our room was getting tired and sprayed water around the place. The curtains blocked the light pretty well, but because of the building configuration had to keep the net curtains closed for privacy. Loved the swivel TV, very nifty. Also the couch, chair and footstool. Having both a desk and a dining table was great. The room really was a small apartment, with room to spread out and move. Wifi worked really well from couch, kitchen and bed areas.

We paid $10 per night parking. There is a park & ride just across the road, but we didn’t investigate it. Probably could have saved all the $10!

The hotel is right next to the I 405. We faced the front, but weren’t disturbed by the traffic noise at all – maybe an occasional truck, but nothing bothersome or disruptive.

Cons: I had issues with the air conditioning. The fixed vent blew directly onto me in bed. My other issue is that there was some kind of generator for the building which turned on and off all night long, every night. At times I slept through it, but otherwise it kept me awake. Lastly, (small issue) there was no oven, just a microwave which was not a convection microwave. Otherwise the kitchen was really great. Full sized fridge was excellent.

Overall, a comfortable place, very welcoming and well set up for longer stays. I would recommend it, but probably a good idea to have earplugs for that darned generator noise.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back will be quieter. Rooms at the front face I405 and have less privacy.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Longworths
Dear Longworths,

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us in Bellevue. Our lobby is one of my favorite aspects of our hotel for all of the same reasons you had mentioned. I am sorry to hear that the air conditioner and noise were a problem for you during your stay. I will be sharing your comments with the rest of our hotel staff to gather some ideas to address your concerns. We appreciate your kind words and feedback, please come back to stay with us.

Best Regards,