“Very nice hotel”

Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
Reviewed July 28, 2009

Very nice hotel.
Breakfast is very good.
A little outside of city center

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 13, 2009

This hotel had some nice touches about the lobby. After a pleasant check-in, we looked about the 1 bedroom suite and were very satisfied. I have made several trips to Bellevue after previously living there and these accomodations rate highly. We had Mariner's tickets for that evening. We left the Hotel, had a fabulous meal at The Keg Restaurant and breezed on I-90 to Safeco Field. The Mariners win and we are looking forward to going back to the hotel.
Unfortunately there were 2 wedding parties and 2 ametuer athletic teams booked on this weekend. Just below our window there was a nice communal gas firepit, but the overhang above the bedroom window in room 333 acted like a funnel for the noise below. The partying went on til 1:30 AM. The staff had little control over them as I started to call the front desk at 11:23 PM. Since we had never been here, I had no idea about this, and frankly would have been fine with it if this area had curfew restrictions that were abided by.
I spoke with the front desk after a fine breakfast, and was given a discount and sincere apology. I will definitely stay here again, being sure to request away from the outdoor fire area

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank Speedog
Reviewed May 18, 2009

I stayed at the Hotel Sierra Bellevue for two weeks earlier this year while working on a project at Microsoft. My experience there was top notch. The staff are incredibly friendly, the rooms are great and very clean. Also, the food at the restaurant is very good - much better than you'd expect in a hotel.

All in all, I had a fanstastic experience and would eagerly recommed it to others.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed April 28, 2009

We stayed at the Hotel Sierra to attend a concert at the Snoqualmie Casino. Hotel Sierra has great rates on the weekends ($109). We found that the hotel has much higher rates during the week ($179). The Hotel Sierra is very stylish, clean, and a very comfortable place to stay. The staff were always very friendly. The room was very clean. We did not try out the wireless internet. Hotel parking is free and they do have a small parking garage. The hotel is right off of I-90 making it fairly easy to jump on the interstate to visit any of the surrounding sites.

We tried the free breakfast in the morning. They have made-to-order omelettes, which are good. They also have sausage, eggs, and pancakes in a buffet style line. One disappointment was that the breakfast did not provide a lot of fresh fruit.

We will definitely stay at this hotel again when we need somewhere in the area to stay on the weekend. We are opting out to stay here during the week for another upcoming concert due to the much higher rates.

Reviewed April 23, 2009

What I love about this hotel is that it has a very modern decor. Our suite was beautiful with 2 LCD tvs, a kitchenette, and a humongus closet! We decided to stay at this hotel with our kids because we heard it was brand new, so it had to be clean right? RIGHT! It's located in a business district so not alot of families were staying there so we pretty much had the pool to ourselves every night.

There is free breakfast every morning, and although they say breakfast was over at 10 am, our sleepy heads kids were allowed to stay well until after 11. Not like at Embassy Suites where they remove all their food right at 10.

Parking is free and there's lots of it. The hotel itself is very secure, you need your room key to get into the doors, except the main front doors.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed April 21, 2009

We spent two nights in Hotel Sierra. The place is a new hotel and has a nice updated look and feel. Very friendly customer service, nice hot breakfast, great location. Easy access to the highway without the sound of being near a highway. Highly recommend.

Reviewed April 20, 2009

After reading Bellevue hotel reviews we chose Hotel Sierra. As suggested in a previous post we requested a odd numbered room on a high floor when we made reservations to avoid noisy rooms. Upon check in we were given room 226, which is right above the reservation desk and next to the back entrance/exit door. When I related to the front desk agent that I had requested a odd numbered room on a high floor because I was concerned about noise, she and another employee behind the desk assured me that the room I was given was in the middle of the hotel and because of this it would not be noisy. After our very enjoyable evening in Seattle we returned to the hotel at about 11PM looking forward to a good nights sleep before our 5 hour drive home the next morning. I wish now that I would have insisted on another room before we went to bed. This was the noisiest hotel room we have ever stayed in and we slept very little.
Since we were already awake we headed to breakfast early which was good for free, but not great.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
HotelSierraBellevue, General Manager at Hyatt House Seattle/Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2009

Dear Valued Guest,
I reviewed your comments regarding your stay with us at the Hotel Sierra in Bellevue. I do apologize for the issue of noise, due to the location of your room. A request to move rooms would have been welcomed and handled quickly by the desk. I have shared your comments about your specific room with our staff to ensure all of our staff are aware. Again, we’re very sorry for your unfortunate experience, but we thank you for your feedback; it is essential to our success.
Tami Barocio, General Manager