“Mostly a great stay”

Hyatt House Seattle/Bellevue
Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Was familiar with this brand and had been looking forward to staying here. Was not disappointed; check in was quick and my room (#333) was very spacious. Was able to walk about a mile down to QFC/Safeway, etc. although there isn't really a sidewalk so be careful. Bed was comfortable, shower was great and I appreciated having the fridge and microwave. On the downside, remote control didn't work (there was another in the bedroom so no biggie), Wifi randomly went down for about an hour (about 6-7 o'clock so my guess is that's when everyone is getting back to hotel) and the breakfast is a bit of mayhem (not the hotel's fault, people are going to be people). But if all you need is coffee they have a great station set up. I look forward to coming back.

Room Tip: They have hydraulic elevators (i.e. slow) so ask for the second floor so you can take the stairs
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
GM_Bellevue, General Manager at Hyatt House Seattle/Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2014

Dear EuroBish,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to post such a positive review of our property. We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your spacious room and that the bed was comfortable. We take pride in that our guests feel at home while they are away from theirs. Most travelers tend to come down for breakfast between 9-10am and that does make for a busy breakfast. A great travel tip for our property would be to enjoy breakfast between 7-830am. Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed April 26, 2014

Hotel was very good with welcoming and helpful staff. The rooms were spacious with great kitchen space. The hotel offers a free shuttle service to anywhere in a 5 mile radius which was a very useful amenity. Wifi was not slow and worked for me fine during the stay. Breakfast was good with an omelette station. Overall a positive experience.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Dear johncorry,

We are delighted to hear that you chose the Hyatt house Seattle/Bellevue for your recent business trip to Bellevue. Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. It was nice to hear that the complimentary shuttle service was a useful amenity during your stay and I am happy to know that your experience with our WIFI service and your overall stay experience was a positive one. Again, I appreciate your comments and we hope to see you soon the next time your travels bring you back to Bellevue. Safe travels to you!

Reviewed April 25, 2014

This hotel is great....Close to freeway, restaurants, etc... Staff were friendly and breakfast was awesome. I think this place was called something else before? I ran into the place when it was called something else (I think) a while ago for business and stayed here again a few months ago....Both visits were great and besides, I don't have doubts when staying in a Hyatt anywhere...

Room Tip: Breakfast is awesome
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Paul K,

Thank you so much for the positive review of our hotel. We are especially happy to hear that you are a return traveler to our property at the Hyatt house Seattle/Bellevue and that you found the staff to be friendly and enjoyed our awesome breakfast! You are correct, we were formerly known as Hotel Sierra prior to our re-branding to Hyatt house. Thank you so much for your loyalty to the Hyatt brand and we look forward to having you stay with us again the next time your travels bring you back to Bellevue!

Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

I chose the hotel for it's proximity to work and because Hyatt hotels have great service. I stayed for 4 nights and was happy with my experience.

The rooms are well appointed with comfortable furniture and kitchen space. It definitely has a modern feel. The gym has new exercise machines that are great quality and I thought it was a nice touch to have complimentary headphones available for guests.

The breakfast selection is good and they also have an omelette station. The coffee wasn't that great but that's not the end of the world. They also provide free copies of the wall street journal and USA Today.

I found the staff to be very friendly and attentive to guests. This will be my go-to hotel when I come to Bellevue on business travel.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
GM_Bellevue, General Manager at Hyatt House Seattle/Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a positive review of our hotel. We are very happy to know that you found the staff to be very friendly and attentive. They work hard each day to ensure our guests feel like they are at home while they are away from theirs.

We look forward to seeing you again the next time your business travels bring you back to Bellevue!

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Everything was ideal, well planned, super clean, we stayed here to visit friends in the area on our way to the airport and it exceeded our expectations.
The only problem was breakfast was so incredibly busy most people took plates back to their room (in an awkward shuffle) but probably if it had been warmer more people could sit outside :)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
GM_Bellevue, General Manager at Hyatt House Seattle/Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Dear Openupyoureyes,

We were delighted to hear that your recent stay at the Hyatt house Seattle/Bellevue exceeded your expectations and want to thank you for taking the time to post your comments.

Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you the next time you are in the Bellevue area visiting friends.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

I stayed at this hotel on my business trip in March. I like the comfort of this hotel, the bed was comfortable, breakfast was great but the wifi was so slow. They really need to fix this problem.
If you are travel on business this place might not be for you if they don't fix the internet problem. Beside close to freeway there is not much around the hotel.

Room Tip: The studio king room is quite nice if you want to be able to do light cooking
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review of the Hyatt house Seattle/Bellevue. We are pleased to know that you find our hotel comfortable and that you really enjoy our great breakfast while staying with us.

I would like to apologize for the Wi-Fi issues you experienced during your recent stay. Thank you for letting us know as we have recently worked to improve this amenity and the results have been positive thus far. Your feedback is essential to our success and we share your comments with our staff to ensure our guests experience is positively memorable.

Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you the next time your travels bring you back to Bellevue! Safe travels!

Reviewed March 15, 2014

I was back in the area for a business trip and this was the one of the only few available hotels. I gave location another try even though I had a prior lack luster experience.

This is not your typical Hyatt House, which are meant to be extended stay hotels that have kitchenette or living room space. The room was so small, then it was much smaller than your typical guest room in a regular non-extended stay hotel. I pulled the desk chair out to do some work and the chair was actually bumping into the bed! It's that small.

I wanted to watch the news, but TV was not working, so I called down to the front desk. Front desk staff gave some usual suggestions but none worked. She came up but no luck fixing the TV as well. She said she would contact the TV service vendor to reset but I never heard back from her nor the TV service vendor. However, she did gave me minor point compensation for the non-working TV voluntarily. But I would rather settle for a working TV :(

And yes, those other reviewers' complaints about the omelette station is right on the money! Omelette station is what brings down his hotel. I was in the breakfast area around 8am during the workweek and there was only moderate traffic and definitely not busy. I was at the omelette station but the cook didn't care to acknowledge me. When I finally got his attention, he replied "I am busy... you can get eggs over there!" while pointing at the scrambled eggs station. Talk about poor service. Yes genius, I know where the scrambled eggs are, I want an omelette and that's why I am at your station... I didn't want to ruin my day, so I went out without the omelette...

Quite frankly, I don't know why the guy was working there or in the hospitality industry when he was acting like he really hated his job and didn't want to be here...

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank knowmyhotels

Dear Knowmyhotels,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments and thank you so much for giving us another try.

I reviewed your comments regarding your stay with us at the Hyatt house Seattle/Bellevue. We do take all comments seriously and appreciate all the feedback we can get. I do apologize that the room was smaller than you anticipated. We do have larger suite rooms as well that you may find much more comfortable and better suited to your preferences/needs. I am terribly sorry about the breakfast experience as well. We have addressed this with our breakfast team members to prevent this from happening again for any of our future guests.

As a management team, we take all comments seriously and share them with our staff so that we may resolve any and all issues. Again, thank you for the comments, which will help us in our ongoing efforts to improve our service.