“Good hotel, AWFUL cell reception. If you need your phone, don't expect to take any calls on your room.”

Hyatt House Seattle/Bellevue
Ranked #6 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

Second stay here. Nice hotel. Carpet was already pulled and a tripping hazard in room. Other than that and cell reception not a bad place to stay. Breakfast was a pretty good spread, wifi was not the fastest but free.

• Stayed January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed January 13, 2013

After a fantastic stay at the Redmond Hyatt House, we thought we'd try the Bellevue location when we had an event nearby at Mercer Island. We booked the 1 bedroom King Suite (King in the bedroom and a pull-out couch in the living room) as we had our two kids with us.

Although we had enough space, in comparison, the room wasn't as attractive and felt a bit more cramped (no high ceilings). The breakfast room was overly crowded, and this location seemed to attract tour groups (Korean?). So whatever the schedule the tour was keeping, put a lot of pressure on the breakfast buffet -- making it hard to find seating for many guests.

This is a solid choice if you need the space (and we did), but if it were just my husband and I, I would pick the Hyatt hotel over the Hyatt house (usually the weekend rates in Bellevue hotels are very reasonable compared to weekday stays).

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank epicureangirl
Richmond, B.C.
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Just got back from 3 nights at Hyatt House Seattle/Bellevue. I visited Bellevue/Seattle with my wife, 5 y/o son and 11 month old daughter.

There is outdoor parking where the spots are wide and spacious, but the indoor parking is more cramped and dark. I preferred to park outside inspite of the rain. I found employees smoking inside the parkade so the cigarette smoke remained and is rather annoying.

Check-in:
What can I say - the staff were spectacular. They were friendly and very professional. I felt as if they belonged at 5* hotels.

Elevator:
I found the elevator to be a bit slow but overall it was fine.

Room:
The room we had had two doubles and the room was tight but not uncomfortable for the four of us. The room was generally clean (see housekeeping) and the bathroom very spacious although my wife complained that the washroom lacked counter space. The bonus was that the windows could open so we managed to get some fresh winter air into the rooms.

The bed and pillow unfortunately wasn't the best. THe bed was too soft and the pillows weren't solid enough. We still had a decent night sleep.

Pool:
I forgot my trunks so didn't get to use the pool but it looked nice and the workout room had all the equipment I needed.

Housekeeping:
This is where the hotel fell short. My son apparently dropped cookie crumbs on the floor and wife dropped hair on the bathroom floor - this remained after two days of housekeeping. I suppose vacuuming was not in their list 'to do'. Tip ended when we found they didn't vacuum.

Breakfast - FREE:
Surprisingly the breakfast was good. The Sunday breakfast was a disappointment since the bacon was so thinly sliced they were more like bacon flavoured chips. The sausages and potatoes on Sat was really good. Friday's ham was good. Overall I would rate the FREE breakfast as a 6 out of 10. Can't go wrong with fresh fruit, Yoplait yogurt, Torrefacione coffee, 3 types of cereal and usual assortment of bread/muffins etc.

Overall -
We would definitely book this hotel again via Hotels.com and will try this chain on our next vacation in the summer.

Room Tip: Park outside if you don't mind the rain. Spots are wider.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

We stayed for one night on Friday and arrived late. Having read other reviews on Tripsdvisor, I had pre-requested a room away from the highway. Thankfully my request was met and I was given a king room on the fifth floor away from the elevator and highway. We did not hear any highway noise but did hear doors slamming around us. The ac/heat unit in our room was also a bit noisy. We were very impressed by the size of the washroom. The entire room itself was very clean. Breakfast is included here and we enjoyed our simple breakfast. We look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed December 2012
Aiea, Hawaii
Reviewed November 30, 2012

This was our first time staying at a Hyatt House and we were not disappointed. The room was large, clean, comfortable and had a fully functional kitchen. Free wireless internet, free parking, and complimentary breakfast buffet added to the value. The staff at the reception desk were courteous and helpful. Fresh apples were available, as well as fruit-flavored water in the lobby. We stayed over the Thanksgiving holiday, so some services were scaled back, but we were fully notified of the changes.
It was not close to the Bellevue shopping areas, but we were given driving directions and a map. The hotel is located next to the 405, so access on and off the freeway was close by.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank GBJS
Scottsdale, AZ
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I travel for business often to Seattle and this hotel recently started showing up with a very good corporate rate. I decided to give it a shot for a one night stay.

It's located off of I-90 so, while technically in Bellevue, it's definitely not in downtown. That may not matter to you (it was fine for me) but the lower price and amenities do come at the expense of a little distance from the heart of Bellevue.

There was ample covered and outdoor parking which was free. The hotel used to be called the Sierra until about a year ago and it still looks very new and has good upkeep.

Check-in was fast and easy. I got a room on the 3rd floor, was informed about the free breakfast, and headed upstairs. They have an indoor pool and a bar that they set up in the breakfast area in the evenings. Nothings terribly fancy but it's all there if you want to take advantage of it.

The rooms are pretty spacious and have a kitchenette and sitting area with flat screen TV and both wi-fi and ethernet internet connections. Connecting to the WiFi was easy and didn't require any payment or special codes.

The only issue I had with the hotel was that they started knocking on my door at about 8:10 am regarding housekeeping. I could have put out the DND sign but didn't and felt like it was a bit early to start knocking on doors.

Breakfast was ample with lots of hot and cold choices. They also had miso soup and rice for those that prefer a more international style breakfast.

I'd definitely consider HYATT house again when I'm in the Bellevue area!

Room Tip: stay away from rooms that face 139th as they are likely noisier than other parts of the hotel
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Vancouver
Reviewed November 21, 2012

High Points:
Beautiful Studio Rooms with great kitchen for longer stays!
Great Breakfast Buffet with waffles, french toast, scrambled eggs, juices and made to order omlet bar (lots of other options as well cerel muffins bacon etc)
Free use of the business centre

Low Points:
this property is away from Bellevue Square where it's more lively - about 10 min drive
price with tax came to $140 ish for the location it was more than i'd like to pay.

Room Tip: this hotel is listed as a 3.5 star on expedia but is def a 4 or 4.5 star especially for Bellevue!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple