“My kind of hotel”

Ranked #6 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
Austin, Texas
“My kind of hotel”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Now THIS is the kind of hotel I wish every hotel could be like.

This gorgeous boutique hotel is conveniently located near Microsoft, and a variety of restaurants are a quick 10 minute walk down the lovely, paved Bear Creek trail (the trail is great for running, walking pets, or wearing out your kids).

The rooms are spacious and include a sleeper sofa, and mini kitchen. The indoor heated pool and spa are clean and modern, and the free hot breakfast includes great, thick, quality bacon, eggs, pancakes, juices, fruit, and an omelet station.

The decor of this hotel is probably my all time favorite. It has a boutique feel and is a dim, warm and cozy haven after a day out sightseeing or working. I was especially impressed by the solar shades in the room windows and the tasteful Swarovski crystal light fixtures in the hallways. The flower beds around the hotel also had a lovely selection of colorful flowers that made me smile every time I saw them.

Next time I am in the Seattle area, I will definitely stay here because of my lovely experience and the fact that this hotel offers free parking, free internet, and free breakfast. If you stay at the Bellevue Hyatt, those three items alone will cost you an additional $55/day ($25 self-parking, $10 internet, $20 modest breakfast) on top of your room rate. I stayed at the Bellevue Hyatt for 2 nights during this same trip, and I don't think its worth the cost of room rate + $$$ extras $$$.

Room Tip: Our room was on the third floor facing the road, and it was super quiet. I think I'd rather face...
1 Thank kittytraveler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Vancouver
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Our family stayed at this hotel for a recent weekend. We'd actually been to the hotel some time ago before the property was re-branded as a Hyatt House. This is a great place to stay with a family as:
1) the rooms are spacious, clean, and come with a kitchen;
2) there is a pool for the kids;
3) the location, while not in downtown Bellevue or Seattle, is adjacent to a main highway with easy and quick acccess to both cities;
4) the breakfast buffet is decent; and
5) the staff (especially the front desk) are very helpful
If I was being picky, I'd note that the gym is somewhat limited, but really, it's adequate for a quick workout and we were more concerned with getting out to the sights and shopping. For what it's worth, we also found the sofa bed mattress to be a bit soft - certainly ok, but just something to be aware of if you've got back issues. The main bed was great.
This is not a five star full Hyatt type of property, but represents excellent value. We would definitely book here again.

Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We absolutely loved this hotel. My boyfriend and I stayed there for 3 nights during the Labour Day long weekend. We were unable to find any affordable hotels in downtown Seattle for that weekend, so we started moving outwards. Bellevue is great, and was relatively close to downtown Seattle (20 minute drive on the I-5 in decent traffic.) We were driving straight through from South Dakota - a 26 hour drive - we called ahead and asked for an early check in. We arrived at the hotel at 9am, and were told the room would be another hour or so - definitely impressed that they could meet our request for early check in, definitely appreciated after such a long drive. Our room was great, we had a king size bed with a kitchen suite. It was fantastic to have a fridge to keep leftovers, water and snacks in. The room also had a nice sectional couch, flat screen TV, which was mounted on the wall, and could be positioned to face the couch or the bed. The bed itself was heavenly, soo comfy! I really enjoyed that the vanity area was in a separate area from the toilet/bathtub. One feature which I really enjoyed was that we had a closet! Its so nice to just stuff everything in there so your room isnt always a cluttered mess. The first night that we were there we noticed that our bathtub wasnt draining very quickly, we mentioned it to the front desk, and within 10 minutes we had a maintenance worker in there to fix the problem. The pool and hot tub area is great. I would definitely suggest going for the adult swim from 10PM-11PM... the pool isnt large, so when there are children there it can get quite crowded. The one thing I wasnt keen on was the BBQ area. I love that they have the option to have a BBQ, but you have to walk through the pool area to get to the BBQ area... kinda awkward to carry your food past the pool...
The breakfast was great. I loved the selection, from granola and yogurt, fresh fruit, eggs, toast, bagels, goodies, hashbrowns and other hot food. My boyfriend loved the omelette bar (I definitely suggest leaving a tip for the person who makes your omelette for you - they deserve it.) The hotel is also literally across the street from a main bus loop, which is great! We took an express bus into downtown Seattle - if you plan on doing that, make sure to ask front desk what time the bus arrives at - it only comes once an hour, and of course we missed it by a few minutes, so we sat and waited. The hotel is also about 2 miles from a shopping mall, and grocery stores. Really great location. Parking was free, which is fantastic, and wireless is also free, however drops quite a bit.

Overall, the stay was fantastic, the staff is great, the location is great, and the room was great. Will definitely be staying here again rather than in downtown Seattle.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kmarinov
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed September 11, 2012

After spending our last full day in Seattle we were headed back to the hotel, when we were involved in a car accident just west of the hotel. Upon hearing about our accident a group of employees got together and delivered a large fruit platter to our room, along with a bottle of wine, and a couple of gift certificates to the lobby store for and Tylenol or Ibuprofin in case we might need them before heading home in the morning. Along with our goodies was a card that was extremely thoughtful and sweet. Just the nicest staff...The whole place was exceptionally clean, the pool and exercise room were great, and the free breakfast did not disappoint. Will definitely be coming back to stay again!!!

Sacramento, CA
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Out family stayed at this hotel for free because of my husband's points. We really enjoyed our stay. The staff were amazing and very helpful. I was surprised with their breakfast - it is a full hot breakfast!!! Good coffee! The location is off a certain freeway so it was an easy access. We took the bus to downtown Seattle and it was worth it!

1 Thank TerMil17
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Highly recommend this place! Clean rooms, peaceful night, and great service. The pool area was really nice, they also have tasty fruity water in the lobby. The free breakfast is like going to brunch. Okay, well it's not as good as brunch, but it's the best free breakfast I've ever been to. I'd highly recommend anyone to stay here. Great location, it felt really safe to stay here. In fact we plan on staying here again later this month when traveling to seattle.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Burnham-On-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We booked the Hyatt last minute for a one-night stay. The man at reception was extremely helpful and welcoming. The room was modern, immaculate and cool. There is a bus stop right around the corner with an express service directly into Seattle for only $2.50, which we took advantage of. We then had dinner at the hotel, which was well-priced and tasted AMAZING! The service was fantastic, and there was even a roaring fire pit outside. Breakfast was included, which is a great added bonus, and had everything we could want. The coffee was particularly good!

Great place to stay, quiet and safe location with easy access into the city.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple