“Great value, comfortable stay”

Hyatt House Seattle/Bellevue
Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
Reviewed September 12, 2011

This hotel (and other Hotel Sierra's) just joined the Hyatt family, so being a member of Hyatt's loyalty program, we decided to try it out this past weekend during a quick trip to the Seattle area. What a find it turned out to be!

The location is easy to get to, and while there's not really anything within walking distance, you're only a few minutes away by car to a variety of stores and restaurants.

The rooms are extremely comfortable, and have plenty of amenities too. Our room had a king-sized bed for my wife and I, and a comfy sleeper sofa for the kids. The kitchen was great to have too! The staff was friendly and helpful, and the full breakfast in the morning was very filling for everyone. For $99 per night, the value was amazing!

This hotel will definitely become a regular for us during our future trips to the Seattle/Bellevue area.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed September 12, 2011

For the price and convenience, this hotel was a gem. It was spotless and well-designed, nice but still casual. The beds and pillows were super comfortable to boot! The free breakfast was not only good, but a real money saver when visiting a city like Seattle. I used the workout facility once, and the machines were wonderful. There were 3 treadmills and 2 ellipticals, a recumbent bike, plus a few weight machines. The parking is free, and the hotel was only a 15 minute drive into Seattle, as long as it wasn't rush hour. We didn't do anything in Bellevue, but the area is really nice and well-maintained.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 7, 2011

I rarely write reviews but felt obligated to write one here simply to recommend this fantastic little hotel. I was stationed here for 2 nights by a company that wanted to interview me and was delighted with the quality of the hotel. Check-in was friendly and quick. Nightly rates were reasonable ($140/night for a king suite, though this may have been a corporate rate). The complimentary hot buffet breakfast was delicious. Wireless Internet was free (this should be standard for a business hotel, but unfortunately it is not). The business center was sufficiently supplied (though there were problems with Microsoft Office on the computers). The nightly bar specials were terrific.

The room was large, beautiful, well-lit, and well-appointed, including kitchenettes, 2 sofa chairs and a footrest, king bed, 2 windows, desk/table, efficient and quiet HVAC system, and a properly functioning iron, which I've found to be a rarity in many hotels.

Service was exceptional. Despite that I arrived at the hotel 20 minutes after the restaurant closed, they were happy to whip up a quick meal and drinks for me. On my second day, I tried to get ice but an employee stopped me and got the ice for me, which was one floor below. The bartenders were very sweet and professional.

I read that Hyatt now officially owns the hotel. I can only hope they maintain the quality service and amenities I received.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 5, 2011

We stayed here during a weekend getaway to Seattle and were pleased with our stay. The hotel seems newly built and our room had a kitchenette which was very useful. For the price, this hotel is great as it includes free parking, Wi-Fi, and breakfast. Make sure to print out the directions before you get there as it is a little difficult to get to, if you don't know the exact highway exit and route. The hotel was recently acquired by Hyatt, so I am not sure if the rates will remain the same. I hope so, and if they do, we will be back as it is a great place to stay for the budget-minded.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 5, 2011

I recently stayed in this hotel while on business in Bellevue. I had a room with a kitchenette area which was lovely and very spacious. The hotel staff are very friendly and welcoming. The hotel is clean and comfortable and the pool area is lovely to relax in. The gym is small but there are plenty of free weights and treadmills to use. The breakfast buffet is great with a good range to choose from including a cooked breakfast to fruit and pastries. The dinner menu is limited. The hotel was within walking distance of where I was going so location was perfect. I would choose here again if on business in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from freeway
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 4, 2011

We stayed 2 nights in a king studio suite. The room looked just like the online photos (beautiful). We asked for a quiet room on a high floor and we got exactly that. The young men who checked us in were very nice. We ate in the hotel restaurant the first night because we were tired, and we cannot recommend it. We were almost the only ones there, and the fish we ordered was overcooked and dry, and the meal itself was unappealing and expensive. The free breakfast buffet was quite crowded and noisy (high ceilings) and there was a very long line for made to order omelets, so we skipped those. The scrambled egg with mushrooms that was already cooked was cold. There is a photo online of a beautiful fruit display, but all we saw were apples, oranges, bananas, and whole unpeeled kiwi. We didn't go down for breakfast on the second day. It didn't seem worth it to us. Instead we had an early lunch in Seattle.
In our room one of the window shades only went down halfway, and the inside workings of the toilet kept getting stuck, causing us to have to take the top off the tank and fix the it so it would fill up again. Nothing major and we did not report the problems until we checked out. When we told the lady who was checking us out she politely asked "What can we do to make it up to you?" A nice question, but I had no idea what she was prepared to offer so we just said to fix the problems before renting the room again. It would have been nice if she had offered us something concrete so that we could say yes or no. In my mind, it was not a helpful question to ask.
We didn't use the pool or the workout room but they looked nice and were not crowded. If we are ever in the Seattle area again, we would probably stay at the Sierra again, and be prepared to eat elsewhere, especially for dinner, or cook in our room. I loved the beautiful little kitchen, complete with full size refrigerator, a 2 burner stovetop, microwave oven, and dishwasher. We also appreciated the plentiful free parking and free wi-fi.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sem827
Reviewed August 31, 2011

We werent sure about the hotel specially when I made reservation and called them to ask some questions (agents not being friendly) also the location which in business area and busy freeway. But once we entered the hotel, we love the decor and the staffs on front desk are friendly and so helpfull. The breakfast buffet are amazing the foods are beyond our expectations. The pool area is quite make us (me and my toddler) enjoy more. The housekeeper lady was very friendly.
However, the hskp spv knocked our door while we had DND on the door and got approval from FD a day before for late c/o.
Also the room that we had had a stickout metal bar/handle on the bathroom that keep my toddler bump into it. If you travel with toddler, make sure you ask for different room.
In the end, we decided to c/o on time due to those 2 accidents
BUT overall, we love the hotel ... Will come back but have to make room request.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family