“Apt-Like Environment with Friendly Staff”

Residence Inn Seattle Bellevue
Ranked #18 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
Seattle, Washington
“Apt-Like Environment with Friendly Staff”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

1. This is not typical hotel, just like regular apartment with kitchen. People who need longer stay or prefer apt atmosphere can choose this place. Many free parking spots. Bed is very very comfortable, even better than those in Hyatt hotels where I have stayed.

2. Location: conveniently close to Microsoft, many restaurants, and American and Asian grocery stores, but still quiet enough.

3. Front desk people are friendly, responsive, and helpful. The lady who are responsible for breakfast takes care of guests' needs, very nice. The free breakfast buffet is decent. The most impressive thing is the freshly hot miso soup made from the automatic miso machine.

4. Watch out: Since it's apt-like, so this means hot water for shower is limited for each unit, not like hotels with central-supply unlimited hot water. In the middle of my taking shower, there was no more hot water.

Room Tip: Avoid buildings close to highway 520.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank uwchou

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Bellevue, Washington
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I had to leave my condo due to a forced re model-ceiling collapse--very quickly. I checked into the hotel with my two screaming cats and the staff from the first moment to the last were absolutely wonderful!! They were kind, accommodating, and always professional. Beautiful room, great view, loved the exercise facility, comfy bed and crystal clear pic on large screen TV. I felt safe, and the staff made my very stressful 3 weeks away from my home so much better than I could have hoped!
Recommend the Marriott Bellevue to anyone who wants 5 star service with a warm homey feel!
Thanks to all!!
KEL
Bellevue WA

Room Tip: Rooms facing the greenbelt are quiet!!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

I spend a lot of time in this hotel. It always gives a welcoming feeling, same employees for several years always makes me feel, after a long flight, welcomed. Rooms are very comfortable and location close to work

• Stayed December 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I have stayed at this property many times over the past year. The best thing I can say is the quality and attentiveness of the staff is outstanding. They have always gone above and beyond when it comes to customer service. The location is fantastic if you are doing business on the Microsoft campus. Other locations are a short shuttle ride from the hotel. The hotel is currently undergoing some renovations to freshen up the rooms and a new room key system has been installed. I would not hesitate to stay here for business or with family and friends.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Agno, Switzerland
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

I've been staying at this venue for one week business trip. Great place to be. Big rooms with good facilities, free Internet access, plenty of space for relaxing and talking issues over with colleagues, plus it's within walking distance from Bellevue Downtown.

• Stayed September 2013
Brookfield, WI
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We have stayed at this property 3 times for our annual visit to the Seattle area. We chose it because of its location to where our son lives and works and because of the extended stay features. We usually stay 4-6 nights. This time it was 4 nights.

We choose the 2 bedroom suite which is a loft, one bedroom up and the other bedroom below. It offers the full kitchen, living room with couch and fireplace, and more importantly 2 bathrooms.

The property is on a hilly site so you need to be able to navigate steps, although I'm not sure if there are any ADA units which don't steps. There are 15 buildings clustered around the pool, outdoor area.

Breakfast includes hot items as well as muffins, bagels, cereal, juices. They even offer some non-traditional items for their multi-culural clientel. On 3 of the mornings we were there, all the breakfast items were in good supply. On Sunday, there was a period of about 10 minutes where all the hot items were out, although there were plently of other items to tie you over.

We did have a small maintenance item request and it was taken care of in less than a half hour time.

As for the new key system, we were given 2 sets of keys (one of the old system and one for the new system which they thought would take place during our stay.) As it turned out, they did not get to our door so we did not have any issues.

For runners, Microsoft is about a mile away and they have several trails you can follow. You can also run on the 520 bike path.

I did do laundry there. They have 3 washers and 3 dryers. 30 minutes for each at $1.25. The laundry room was clean and there was a laundry basket in the room for me to use.

Before our stays, we receive an email from the hotel staff welcoming us back and asking if we have any special needs.

We will continue to stay here when we are in Bellevue.

Room Tip: Building 15 is near the Laundry and close to breakfast area.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Berkeley, California
Reviewed September 16, 2013

At check-in I was told that there were no room keys for any guests because their key-making machine was broken. Unfortunately, this lasted for almost the entire 3 night stay we were there. Every time we wanted to get into our room, we had to go to the front desk and someone had to escort us to the room, which was pretty far away from the front office. It was a pain for us and for the hotel staff I'm sure. Here are some other details.

Positives:
- Smallish pool, but the water was warm
- Rooms have been updated
- Breakfast was pretty good, I liked the blueberry yogurt parfaits.
- Good evening cookies

Negatives:
- The key problem that I mentioned above already
- No spa on property
- Our toilet got clogged and the front staff told me that about a dozen people had clogged toilets that same morning
- At one evening reception there were multiple flies all over the open salad container. Sorry to say, but that was gross.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
ResInnSeattleBellevu, General Manager at Residence Inn Seattle Bellevue, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
We want to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your past stay at the Residence Inn Marriott Seattle/Bellevue. We completely understand about the key situation and we have since replaced this unit which didn't help your past stay.

We take great pride in making sure that all of our guests are taken care of and we thank you for the comments on how we can improve the hotel. Thank you for the great feedback and we hope you will return to the hotel in the near future and so we can show you the great improvements.

Jim Larson
Residence Inn Marriott Seattle/Bellevue
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bellevue
Residence Inn Seattle Bellevue/Downtown
Fairfield Inn & Suites Seattle Bellevue/Redmond
Hampton Inn & Suites Bellevue Downtown-Seattle
Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Redmond
Silver Cloud Inn Redmond
Hyatt Regency Bellevue
Hyatt Regency Bellevue
#1 of 29 in Bellevue

Been to Residence Inn Seattle Bellevue? Share your experiences!