“Best lodging facility in Paific Nortwest”

Residence Inn Seattle Bellevue
Ranked #20 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Please let me and my family recommend the Residence Inn Bellevue on Northeast 148th.

The accommodations are superb
The staff, in my opinion, are unmatched in friendliness and professionalism
The rates are terrific.

I think their breakfast buffet is to die for
Their pool is great for the kids. We had three all under 10 and they had a ball.
I loved their fitness room.

What sets the RIB apart from other hotels are the room design. It is simply like being home.

So if you ate traveling to the Northwest you can do no better than the Residence Inn Bellevue on 148th

Pat Moriarty
President
Collegiate Services

Room Tip: Ask for there super duper Sales Manager Cassie Wharton
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Pat M
ResInnSeattleBellevu, General Manager at Residence Inn Seattle Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

We want to thank you for staying with us and it was our pleasure hosting your event. We value our guests and especially our Marriott Elite Members like yourself. We hope your travels will take you back to Bellevue and look forward in having you stay at our hotel again.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

I came on business and later my wife joined me. I have to say that the staff aims to please. Starting from the manager (Jim), Debbie (sales), the entire front desk, (all of them) and of course everyone else from cooking, cleaning, maintenance etc... You get the picture! All their recomendations on things to do for the weekend were all outstanding. Our room was very comfortable and super clean! Did not have to use maintenance in the two consecutive weeks I was there. This hotel seems and feels like a family (for those of you who have gone to europe and used petite hotels will understand) run hotel. They go out of their way to make you feel very welcome. The wife enjoyed it because we were very close to downtown Bellevue, downtown Redmond, not far from Kirkland. Extremely central! Amemities.... wow! First hotel I have ever been where there is Miso soup! The staff also makes sure that the foreigners are also catered. Every person that walks through those doors is trated like a VIP. They serve plenty of food and believe me the egeterians are also catered. On BBQ night, you may find the Manager (Jim), with his suit on grilling and conversing with the residents.... making you feel comfortable and relaxed. Wow now that is a change from other hotels I have stayed at. This hotel is also pet friendly. Big plus for those of us who are pet lovers. We will be back to the Seattle area, and we will stay here, in Bellevue the second largest city in Washington. Thanks for everything.

Room Tip: Rooms to the rear are a little quieter than those facing 29th place (although 29th does not have muc...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
ResInnSeattleBellevu, General Manager at Residence Inn Seattle Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

We want to thank you for staying with us and we certainly enjoyed getting to know you and appreciate your great comments. We value our guests and especially our Marriott Elite Members like yourself. We hope your travels will take you back to Bellevue and look forward in having you stay at our hotel again.

Thank you and safe travels.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this property while working a trade conference at another downtown hotel. The room rate at this location was comparable to the conference rate for the other hotel, but there was no comparison when it came to amenities. We stay in a large number of Marriot properties while we travel and most are Residence Inn's. This property stands out from other Residence Inn's in a number of ways.

First, I cannot say enough about the delightful Manager's Receptions that are held Monday thru Thursday. These were fantastic not only for the high quality of the food and the free beer and wine, but also for the fun and friendly atmosphere that it produced. We met a number of nice people while enjoying these receptions and the quantity and quality of the food saved us the need to go out for dinner. One night was lasagna, garlic bread and a salad bar. The next night was grilled veggie burgers and chicken breasts with potato salad and fresh fixings. Our last reception offered a baked potato bar with all the trimmings.

We were blessed with great weather during our stay and many of us gathered after the receptions around the outdoor fire pit for a nice evening of conversation and merriment. The grounds are uniquely laid out with well maintained landscaping. This is an area that receives a great deal of rain and this is evident in the lush growth.

The complimentary internet was high speed (10MB up, 1.4 MB down) but at the time of our visit was only available in our room via two separate hard wired ethernet cables, so two people could connect at one time. There was WiFi in the common areas around the restaurant and gardens. The desk manager did say that WiFi throughout the complex was being added and would soon be available everywhere on the property.

The complimentary breakfast had the same high level of quality demonstrated for the Manager's Receptions and the hot offerings were different each morning. This is an older property and it is well maintained. Being an older property, we had a full sized range/oven, Microwave and fridge in our room. We also had a fireplace that we enjoyed on our last night.

Perhaps the best attribute of this location is their wonderful staff. They were all cordial, friendly and definitely paid attention to their guests. I will definitely stay here again should I return to the area.

Room Tip: If you have mobility issues you should ask for a room near the front. There are a lot of stairs conn...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank TSchenk

It was a pleasure getting to know you and we are so glad you had a great experience at the hotel. It was our pleasure in serving you and thank you for your loyalty with Marriott. We hope you will join us in the near future while we finish our upgrade of WiFi by the end of 2012 and our new mattresses as well.

Look forward to your next trip to Bellevue and please let me know if I can help in anyway in the future.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We had the pleasure to stay at the Residence Inn, Bellevue. It was truly a PLEASURE on all levels. We moved from the East Coast and needed to find a place that would welcome us and our Three (3) dogs. We had no luck until we found Jim Larson and his team at the Residence Inn Bellevue. They made our stay of nearly 2 months the greatest. Jim has a team of people that know how to take care of a guest. From the people that cleaned our room, to the front desk team, to Cassie in Sales and Jim himself, they were the best. I would recommend them with the highest regard to anyone who will need a place to stay in Seattle.

Room Tip: I enjoyed staying in a rooom that was closer to the front desk.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Chris T

Hi Chris,

It was certainly our pleasure getting to know you and your family. We thank you for the great comments and look forward to seeing you in the near future again. Hope you are enjoying your new home.

Reviewed July 6, 2012

My family and I were really happy with the Residence Inn Seattle Bellevue. The staff was friendly and hard working. Our stay was fantastic! Jim, the general manager, seemed to be working 24/7!! There was stone left unturned!! You can't beat the location, breakfast, evening hospitality event, and cookies on the 4th of July!! All of the staff out did themselves!! When returning to the Seattle area, we will be staying at this hotel again!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank T G
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

I wanted to thank you for the great comments and it was a pleasure meeting you and your family. We look forward to your next trip to the Seattle/Bellevue area and please let me know if you need anything in the future.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

My fiancee and I stayed at the Residence Inn Bellevue over Memorial Day weekend while visiting the Seattle area. We chose this location because we like to stay in a more quiet area versus being in the city. The location is great. Close to the freeways, shopping and restaurants. The staff at the Residence Inn are very courteous and professional. They are willing and helpful when asked about area attractions, dining and nightlife. Complimentary breakfast was very good. Hotel has complimentary wifi and parking. I wouldv'e given it 5 stars but the bed wasn't too comfortable. You could tell that it's worn out. Also, the patio looked like it hadn't been swept in a very long time. There was a lot of dirt, leaves and even cigarette butts. Lastly there is no jacuzzi but the pool is heated. I know it's not the same thing but at least it's there if you want to get into water. If you love sushi, make sure to check out Tuna House Japanese Cuisine. The best and freshest sushi I've ever had! They are really big rolls too. The restaurant is literally less than 5 mins away which is great as well. I also recommend Sideline Sports Bar if interested. Didn't have any of their food because I had eaten sushi before but when in because of the Pay Per View UFC fight. It was really nice that there was no charge to watch it like most bars I know. The crowd was good. A mix of young and older people like myself. I'm 42 and my fiancee is 28. We felt very comfortable being in there. By the way, our room number at the Residence was 612 if helps any. It's located at the back of the property. The room inside was clean and the full kitchen is modern with stainless steel appliances and granite counter-top. The stove-top even comes complete with an oven. The fireplaces in the suites are non-operational which I thought was a bummer considering the kind of weather Washington is known for. Overall though, we would stay at the Residence again.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite that faces the sunset.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank boltsfan858
Management response:Responded June 24, 2012

We would like to thank you for your great feedback and I want to also let you know that we will be upgrading our beds by the end of 2012 and we hope that will improve the comfort level for our guests. We take great pride in making sure our guests are well taken care of and I we look forward to your next visit to the area.

If you need anything in the future please let us know.

Reviewed June 5, 2012

My family and I stayed at the Residence Inn Bellevue a few weeks ago while doing some sightseeing in the Seattle area. I cannot give enough praise to the staff of this hotel. When we checked in I mentioned that we had an infant with us. The manager, Jim, was gracious enough to upgrade us to a 2 bedroom suite. This was a lifesaver as it allowed us to put the baby to sleep early (time zone change on a baby can be tough) and allow us to watch TV or have a discussion without waking her up.

On the evenings we were there the hotel provided a light meal around dinner time which was nice. Also the breakfast was very good and included several hot items such as eggs and bacon.

We will make for sure this is our lodging choice when we return in the near future.

Room Tip: The 3rd floor is a bit rough since they do not have stairs. Request a lower floor if you have diffic...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Chris M
Management response:Responded June 24, 2012

I want to thank you for the great comments and it was my pleasure to help assist you with your long travels. I hope the family is well and we look forward to your return trip to the Bellevue area.