“very good option in downtown Bellevue”

Hyatt Regency Bellevue
Ranked #1 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed July 18, 2014

Have stayed at the Hyatt Regency Bellevue many times when on business in the area. Rooms are comfortable and quiet. Service very good. Wi-fi reasonable. Decent gym. Good location in downtown Bellevue. While there oddly seem to be no restaurants actually affiliated with the hotel, there are some in the same building which seem to unfortunately come and go. More restaurants are easily within a walkable distance.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed July 17, 2014

I was staying at the Hyatt and attending a convention in their meeting space. I have a two month old and am still nursing. I had read online about traveling and pumping and that you could ask the front desk about a milk storage freezer. When I checked in I did indeed ask and they did have a milk storage freezer. They gave me a checked luggage tag and said they would be happy to continue storing the milk. There was also a refrigerator in the room and it was perfect for storing pumping parts and milk when I didn't want to go all the way down to the lobby.

The rooms were great, beds were comfy and staff was very friendly. It is also very centrally located in Bellevue - close to everything. I would certainly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with us! I am so happy that we were able to accommodate your needs and that we made you comfortable throughout your stay. I hope you get to stay with us again the next time you find yourself in Bellevue.

Warm Regards,

Belinda M - Guest Relations

Reviewed July 17, 2014

I stayed at this property about 4 years ago in the same room type; larger two room king. Last time I stayed it was under $200; which is about what it was worth today, if not less. This time I was charged $430; just the room, nothing more. No amenities really; no minibar, room furnishings were dated -- unchanged from several years ago. The only restaurant that was open in the hotel was Daniel's --breathtaking prices -- you couldn't have an entree, veg & salad, and cocktail for under $100. It's really hard to understand how they can support these kinds of rates; felt like I was in Moscow or Tokyo. But then, you walk out on the street, and realize your in Bellevue WA; it's OK, but it's nothing to get too excited about. I suppose with Microsoft and Expedia offices nearby they can get away with this. Won't be going back. Felt totally ripped off.

Room Tip: Just ask for the cheapest they have.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Malthus
Reviewed July 14, 2014

I stayed here for a conference and absolutely loved this hotel. Truth be told, my experience with the hotel started off poorly because my room was not ready by the guaranteed "room ready" time; however, the manager made up for it by upgrading me to a suite and having a cheese plate delivered to the room. The hotel is beautiful and comfortable, with nice personal care items. You are also right across the street from a large mall with several decent restaurant options. I would highly recommend this hotel for its excellent service.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Jessica S
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2014

Hello Jessica S,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience from your most recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Bellevue. I am so sorry to hear about the delay during your check in process but so thrilled the hotel management was able to make this inconvenience a better experience. Thanks for recommending this location to our future guests, that is our biggest compliment. Thanks again for your kind words and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Safe Travels,

Drew D.-Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed July 14, 2014

For such a big hotel, the staff still smile and everyone is helpful. The rooms were huge, and cleaned quickly. The service was excellent. The beds were comfortable, and I was happy to have my children connected in a room next door. Great location. Close to Seattle, but far enough to leave the the Seattle vibe when coming back to the hotel. The drive is about 20 minutes, but well worth it. This was also a great deal!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

I am so happy to hear that you and your family had an amazing experience at our hotel. I am pleased you found your rooms to be very spacious and well appointed. It sounds like you found the service to be exceptional. Your feedback is our biggest compliment. Thank you for your recommendation. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Hyatt Regency Bellevue in the near future!

Brock S. - A Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed July 13, 2014

We were in town for a large convention and this place was great. Check in was a breeze and every staff person we came in contact with was very pleasant. Very nice sized rooms, with plenty of closet space.

The hotel has two air walkways connecting to a mall, with several dining options within the hotel and close around it. We were there for six nights and didn't have one problem. I was very pleased with this hotel and the accommodations.

The bed was super comfortable which is a big bonus for a 6 night stay. Many hotels I wake up with a sore back and this wasn't the case here.

Thank you for a wonderful stay Hyatt.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2014

wahlflower,

I am happy to hear you enjoyed your night's sleep on our Hyatt Grand Bed. Also, I am glad the friendliness of our staff and location of our property made your time in Washington enjoyable. Thanks for your review.

Regards,
Paul R. - Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed July 12, 2014

This is the second time we've stayed here. We've been to Seattle enough times that we now prefer staying in Bellevue. It's cleaner, nicer and cheaper than Seattle, yet the city remains a relatively short drive away. Assuming you want to be in Bellevue, the Hyatt's location can't be beat. The downtown area, with its many shops and restaurants, is at your doorstep. Two of our all time favorite Asian restaurants, Ding Tai Fung and Facing East, are both steps away.

We arrived the 4th of July. On check-in, I inquired if there were local fireworks. The clerk immediately handed me a map. The fireworks were literally three blocks away. We enjoyed a fabulous display accompanied by Bellevue's Youth Symphony Orchestra all without any of the usual parking and driving hassles.

Because we came on a weekend, the parking is free. The hotel shares the underground parking lot with Bellevue Square. Free parking, good service, great location, what more can you ask for?

Two minor complaints make me deduct a star. One, like most high end hotels, wifi in the room costs money. Because I'm too cheap to pay for something which is widely available for free, I go downstairs to use the free wifi in the lobby. It's slow so I head over to the Tully coffee area and use theirs which is considerably faster. Like many others, I find myself annoyed that high end hotels continue to charge for something which cheaper hotels provide for free. Two, and more importantly to the kids, the hotel pool is freezing! It's a beautiful large indoor pool which should be wonderful for the family but the lack of heating makes you not want to spend more than half an hour there. This has been the case on both our visits and it's something which the Hyatt could easily rectify.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family