“No free wifi but lovely stay”

Hyatt Regency Bellevue
Ranked #1 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Pros: comfortable bed, good quality bathroom supplies, really kind staff and housekeeping, beautiful view and convenient location to shops, restaurants, movies, mall and grocery store

Cons: Wifi isn't free except for the lobby area. $10 for a day, $21 for 3 days and that was the "standard" package. It's 2013, wifi should be standard in hotels. This definitely diminished the stay, because it was inconvenient for looking up restaurants or sights to see.

The maps label the gym in the building, but you actually have to go outside, to another building, up the elevator with key card access and to a remote corner of the building to get there.

There's no microwave in the room or anywhere convenient so don't bother getting food to go to put in your fridge.

• Stayed: June 2013

Reviewed June 22, 2013

My husband and I were in Seattle for two days, but we could not find any hotel room for our second day. We decided to drive across a bridge and try this hotel. It was a delightful surprise to us! This hotel is about 15 minutes drive from Seattle (no traffic). it is located in a beautiful plaza where you can walk to many upscale shops and nice restaurants. The hotel is clean, quiet, and comfortable. We will stay here for our next visit to Seattle instead of staying in downtown Seattle.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We were visiting some friends that were in downtown Seattle. I had really hoped to get one of the Hyatt properties downtown but they were all sold out. So I booked this hotel and we were very happy with it.

The hotel is a fairly easy to find. It took me a couple go-arounds to find the self parking but the bell staff was helpful when we needed it. Check in was quick and painless. I am Hyatt Platinum and they gave us a free upgrade to a suite which was really nice.

This was the first time at a hotel with our 7 month old son. They brought us a crib and bathing supplies for our little one. It was really nice.

There are a bunch of restaurants on the property which we didn't really have time to check out.
I was hoping that we would get upgraded to a Regency Club room but that didn't happen... that was my only disappointment.

I would gladly return in the future. The area seems very nice.

My Wife wanted to try a vegan restaurant that wasn't too far away but we didn't have time for that either.

Room Tip: Always ask for a Regency Club upgrade... you may get it at a discount on it or for free, who knows...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We travelled with another family for a quick early summer getaway. We stay here last year and liked this location since it was near restaurants and the mall but still a quick drive from activities in Seattle.

On this trip, though, the bell staff were AWFUL. On arrival it was somewhat busy with several groups checking in. I asked for some help getting our bags from the underground parking lot. The bellman asked if I knew where I had parked (the lot is large and a bit confusing). I replied, "more or less". His reply, "I can't do more or less, bring your car up to the front door". Seriously?

On the way out we called the front desk and after waiting 15 minutes, we did the deed ourselves... again.

The hotel is beautiful and the room was large and comfortable. There is an excellent fitness room and a decent pool (although a hot tub would have been nice). We'll see if we return.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Location wise, this is a great hotel
BUT I had my item stolen from my room while i was staying there. Hotel didn't acknowledge that it was stolen. In fact, the first communication i had with the hotel when i got back was that they found my item in the room. When questioned, they couldn't answer me where in the room and wanted me to pay for the shipping charges to have it sent back. Few days later, they told me it was found in the public area (2 days after i lodged a missing item report). By then, i told them, i don't want my item back,

At no point did they assured me that guests' safety was important to them except to say that they didn't find any suspicious entry to my room. But they cannot explain how my item went missing and was found in the lobby area. If the house keeper had taken it, i would have appreciated Hyatt being upfront with me and apologise for it BUT no. They did not.

This may be an isolated case but it sets me thinking.. how safe is it for guests if things can go missing in the room ie someone has entered my room if its not the house keeper. Better be extra careful if you are staying in this hotel or better stay.. find another one.

Note : Hyatt did offer to replace my missing item which i thought was a kind gesture.. but they ordered the wrong item and have it delivered to me.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Hi fooee,

Thank you for taking a moment to express concerns about your recent visit to our hotel. I would like to communicate directly with you in regards to this. Please respond to the Private Message I have sent via TripAdvisor. You can also contact me directly with regards to this, as I am happy to assist you. Guest security and safety is our hotel's top priority. I appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Lovely place with free parking on weekends. Restaurants and excellent shopping abound which makes walking to them easy (no worries trying to find a parking space!) Easy to drive into Seattle from the hotel. Only negative is the high cost of wi-fi...but if you look hard enough I am sure you could find a Starbucks nearby!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 18, 2013

An excellent quality hotel and a reasonable price for anything close to Seattle. The concierge were extremely helpful (eg I arrived on a Friday afternoon and was going to valet park, he asked my if I was going to be going on the weekend. When I replied to the positive he said it will be $29 for him to park it, or would be free if I did it myself as there was no fee collection on the weekend).

It is close to some great shops and eating/drinking establishments straight across the road and a 15 min walk to the local bus interchange for a bus into Seattle itself.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Thank you for sharing feedback in regards to your recent stay. It is always a pleasure to hear when our guests have an excellent stay. I am glad you found the hotel to be of great quality and the location to be ideal. Your recommendation is our biggest compliment. I look forward to welcoming you back to Hyatt Regency Bellevue in the future!

Brock S. – A Guest Relations Associate