“Very good for travelers”
Review of Hilton Bellevue

Hilton Bellevue
Ranked #9 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Business trip, traveling alone. Arrived at 7:30PM. The hotel is in a very nice area. Walking distance to a mall and restaurants. Very nice.

Check in was easy and fast.

The hotel has a 1970's architecture - you've seen this design on Hilton's before - but it is maintained *very* well. The lobby was very, very clean.

Don't knock 1970's architecture. There were a lot of clear thinking people designing buildings back then. For example...

The rooms all have mini-balconies, with *opening doors.* It was beautiful outside when I arrived, so I actually got fresh air in my room. The door has a screen, so - no bugs. When's the last time you got *that* in a hotel?

Here's another 1970's design feature: the room is large. Very large, even. In the 1970's, architects weren't thinking about mouse-sized rooms...

The A/C worked flawlessly. I set it for cooler and, voila, cold air coming out of the vents. Very nice.

The bathroom was well maintained and clean. Water-saver shower, but that's the rule these days - even in temperate rainforests like Seattle...

Room service was fast, the food was hot and tasty. The side salad was cold, crisp, and tasty. The beer was cold, local, and good. A burger, fries, salad, two beers, and two bottles of water: $52 with tip. That's about the norm, amazingly.

the two bottles of water were driven by: no refrigerator in room. No mini bar.

Nice coffee bar in the lobby. Also a sit down restaurant, which I didn't try but it looked good for a hotel restaurant.

Cell reception in my room was fantastic. Wi fi was there, but I didn't need it.

For sleeping: the bed was above average, the pillows were a bit large but not bad. The room could be made very dark (which I like), and - thank you 1970's - it was very quiet. The walls are thick.

LCD TV with typical menu system. Approx 30". Standard fare.

Good sized safe in the room (easily fits computers). Iron/board in the closet.

This hotel is clearly designed for travelers. As a traveler hotel it is very good. Two derailers that cost it the fifth star:

1. No mini bar. C'mon Hilton... really?
2. The exercise room was below average. Good treadmills and aerobic equipment, but really weak on the weight training equipment.

Great value for the $. I'd stay again, on business.

Room Tip: I was on the 6th floor and it was fine.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank NJ_Rob_Traveler
There are newer reviews for Hilton Bellevue

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Upon arrival instead of being welcomed by the front desk personnel the lady who was behind the desk was rude, as if we were bothering her. When we finally got her attention she said we were too early and there was a fee for early check in of $ 10.00. I didn't mind paying the $10.00 but it was her attitude that almost made me want to pack up and want to leave. Being a Hilton Honors member I wasn't feeling valued at all! I later find out there is a fee for parking and for Wi-Fi which I was not aware of. At this point I asked to speak to a manager. The manager came out he was very nice and took care of the Internet fee. The rooms were outdated and the walls very thin, we could hear everything the people next door said and there were times we were woken up by them. I was very dissatisfied with this Hilton property and would never stay there again!

Room Tip: Top floors
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Good hotel for price. Good size rooms, friendly staff, CLEAN, good decor. Twice as good as downtown Seattle hotel we staying in for much more expense the previous night. Road noise on east side (faces I405) but our room on west side was fine.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stayed here on july 4th. The hotel it self was old fasioned retro like I was in the 70's. Huge room almost too big for what was in there. The furniture was old too, glass table my baby got his fingers stuck under nieth so had to hide it cause he was was jumping on top of it too. My iphone didnt work for wifi even with the code which kinda got under my skin. But the shuttle guy dropped us off and picked us up from fire works so we were really happy we got around safely. The bed was so cozy i didnt want to get out of bed. NO FRIDGE which kinda made me mad since i brought a bunch of stuff and had to get rid of it. Not enough room for food items. I called down for an extra blanket and i had to call like three times before i actually got it. I was almost thinking i wasnt going to get it and i was going to have to deal with my baby sleeping with me. The elevators were a neat feature. I had a good stay.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Returned to this property again - now to find they have a crazy fee for parking - what a joke. Most other hotels are free. This was one of the redeeming features. The rooms again are old and not updated. The executive lounge staff are nice and friendly and you've improved the quality of your checkin and checkout staff. The gym was clean and better than last time. I'd say this property has moved from Poor to Fair, to now Consistently Average. Let's see if gets to Very Good for my next stay. Mostly averagely unimpressed by it though.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Stayed at the Hilton Bellevue with my wife over the Canada day long weekend. The hotel itself is a bit outdated and is in need of a makeover. The room was clean and had a nice king size bed and a 40" LCD TV...that's the good. The bad...The hotel air con system is noisy and outdated but it does the job...we also got a room facing the parking lot so it would be quiet, rather than facing the freeway....The first night was quiet but the second night there was a film crew taking down equipment until 2:45 am. Whoever had the idea of putting the film crew trucks right in front of the hotel rooms...not very bright...so much for a quiet night...I called the front desk twice to complain and they told me sorry there's nothing we can do... I was not impressed. The next morning during checkout I told the clerk that I only got 5 hours of sleep and he offered to waive the $30 parking fee for 2 nights..I also got him to waive the $40 breakfast...It pays to complain. Overall an average stay but I will not be staying at the Hilton Bellevue again. Oh and I forgot they charge $10 a day for wireless internet in the rooms...are you serious!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Unbeknownst to me, during the day one of my laundry bags were mistaken for room service laundry, yet I had intended to complete myself since I had made no call for its pickup. Therefore, you can understand my challenge and concern when my laundry was misplaced for about 48 hours while on training for work.
However, the front desk staff, Acting Manager and General Manager of this hotel were extremely accommodating and professional at every step in assisting me during this challenging time. They had even offered to go shopping for me to get me replacement clothes. Suffice to say, they had made a great recovery.

Room Tip: If you are going to do you own laundry, leave a note on your laundry bag "DO NOT REMOVE".
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business