“At the edge of Hilton standards”
Review of Hilton Bellevue

Hilton Bellevue
Ranked #9 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
Athens
“At the edge of Hilton standards”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Having visited some Hilton hotels in the past, you tend to expect "feeling at home" when you visit a new one.
In this hotel, only the furnishing of the room and the bathroom reminded me of "Hilton".
The building is not very well cared after and the people in the reception rather consider a new arrival or departure or request more than a fuss than part of providing service.
Worth mentioning is a pizza box left in the balcony of my room from a previous visitor and still there after 4 nights that I left the room.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
  • Korean first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed June 18, 2013

This Hotel has potential however the Staff really need additonal training. The lobby is impressive with the high ceiling and lots of natural light. The rooms are big and the outdoor pool as well as location to Bellevue Square are great. The check in was fast and he was friendly enough however he didnt give us any information about the property or facilities at all. There were other staff member standing around gossiping not showing any desire to provide assistance. The hallways are dark and there were still room service trays all over the floor when we checked in at 2PM which im assuming was what created the very unpleasant smell.

The shuttle service was convenient and Moe our driver was very friendly and helpful.

The day of check out was where the majority of issues were. Housekeeping were SO LOUD! Knowing that we are due to check out that day, there is no reason they should be banging on the door at 8am when check out is 12. My friend practically got kicked out of his room. He went to take his shopping bags to his car around 10:30 and dispite the fact he had a "do not disturb" sign on the door and he had not checked out with the Front Desk, by the time he came back the housekeeper had already stripped his bed, removed his towels and taken his beer! When we asked her where she had put them she just kept saying they were 'gone'. I called the front desk to report this and they were eventually returned but it really left us with us with a sour taste and a bad impression of this property. I shouldnt have had to deal with this hassle and my friend should have had his "do not disturb" sign honored otherwise whats the point of having them?

I should mention that I was travelling on Team Member Program because i work for Hilton Worldwide. While this does provide us with a heavily discounted rate, the idea is that we get to experience the same level of service our Guests do. I have travelled all over Europe using the Staff Rate when i worked for a Hilton in London and have never experienced anything similiar to this situation or poor service.

Room Tip: This is not a view hotel. We were facing the Freeway but the sound proofing is very good and we coul...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank stilltravelling_13
hotelgm9, General Manager at Hilton Bellevue, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback on your most recent stay via Trip Advisor. I appreciate hearing from employees and guests alike about how we can improve the guest experience. I apologize that we fell short in the welcome. The specific comments you shared will help us redirect training so others don't experience same.
Seattle
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I thought Hilton Bellevue was gonna be your generic downtown business hotel and since my husband and I were staying there for leisure and not for business, my expectations were as such. Well, it was actually pretty - the lobby is quite spacious and airy and the glass ceiling is a nice touch. The elevators were cool. The pool area was nice - and it was open when we stayed there (6/13/13). I think out of towners that stay here think that Seattle and vicinity has an outdoor pool kind of climate. Uhmn no we dont. When a hotel says outdoor pool - be sure to expect that it would be closed most the year except summer season. And sometimes June is a hit or miss with the climate.

We got a standard room and it met my expectations for a standard room. It was clean and professionally decorated. Our room had a small balcony overlooking the pool area so it was really nice :)

It is a little bit of a walk to bellevue downtown proper where all the swanky bars and shops are but they have a shuttle! They get you as close to your destination as they can, in our case, our drop off and pick up was just a half a block away and they were available to pick drop you off and pick you up within 5 or 10 minutes. Pretty dang cool.

I would definitely stay here again. I might even take my kids with me next time one of these wonderful Seattle summer days and have a day at the pool.

One con - they do not offer breakfast, which is odd for a hilton i thought. I'm a hilton honors member and have stayed at quite a few hilton hotels. They do have a restaurant and a coffee shop on site.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

Hilton doesn't disappoint me. Room was spacious although beds and pillows are a little soft. Service is good and value is very good. My granddaughter had a good time at the pool. I will not hesitate to stay at the Hilton Bellevue in the foreseeable future.

• Stayed June 2013
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 12, 2013

My recent stay in your hotel was fabulous! From the front desk staff to the concierge to the housekeeping staff, my every need was supplied. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The staff was efficient, helpful, and knowledgeable. The food in the hotel was delightful. And, being centrally located, when I ventured out, many services (hair salon, spa, food) were very convenient. I highly recommend this hotel to any others looking for a friendly staff, a comfortable stay, and a good value!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

United States
Reviewed June 8, 2013

we arrived at the restaurant 10 mins before close and they refused to serve us any dinner. besides that disappointing experience, overall the staff was amazing. the glass elevator is very nice and the bed was extremely comfortable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Jupiter, United States
Reviewed May 30, 2013

In comparison to other hotels in the area for the price this hotel was average. The hotel did not have a warm and friendly atmosphere. The heating/cooling was an issue for us. It was a quick trip with an overnight so we were unable to rate the amenities.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family