“Charm of a city hotel - my first time here definitely won't be my last”
Review of Hilton Bellevue

Hilton Bellevue
Ranked #8 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
Reviewed November 19, 2011

I recently stayed at Hilton Bellevue for four nights and was very impressed with the hotel from the afternoon of my check in to the morning of my checkout.

Lakeisha was very pleasant and friendly at the Front Desk and made the check in process easy. She had my packet ready with my room keys and breakfast coupons and explained briefly some features of the hotel. We had a brief conversation about Guam, where I am from, and made me feel very welcome.

I originally was assigned to Room 622 and stayed there for one night. I encountered an issue with the air conditioning in the room and called the Front Desk the next morning. Within minutes, Jerry from Engineering was at my door to look at the room's unit. As the issue was something he needed some time to fix, he phoned the Front Desk and asked for another room for me so I wouldn't have to wait. He went out of his way to get my new room keys at the Front Desk and brought them to me. He also showed me what the issue was and what he needed to do to fix it. I moved my things to my new room, which was only a door or two down the hall. Both rooms were very spacious with inviting decor. The new Peter Thomas Roth bathroom amenities were nice, too.

During my stay, I used the hotel's Fitness Center, which was a good size and featured a stationary bike, multiple treadmills and elliptical machines, free weights among others. It only is accessible with a room key. It was well-maintained and did not have a "gym odor" like some other fitness centers I've used. The bathrooms are nearby to freshen up, but I also would have liked a hand sanitizer dispenser inside the Fitness Center. I also would have liked sanitizing spray and paper towels for guests to wipe down the machines right after working out. I noticed a guest who sweated up a storm at the elliptical machine wipe down her machine with the same towel she had used to wipe her arms and face.

Also, I made it a point to do my workout before 7 a.m.; there are a few meeting rooms right next to the Fitness Center, and on the first morning I worked out, I encountered some guests in the hallway and in the elevator - all dressed very professionally, who looked to be heading to a meeting in one of the function rooms - while I was dressed down and a slightly sweaty mess from my workout.

Most of my breakfasts were at Tully's Coffee inside the hotel. At Tully's, Zayda was very helpful and friendly. She always was smiling and very pleasant. On the morning of my checkout, I chose to eat at Basil's Kitchen, the hotel's restaurant. After eating there, I wished I had eaten there every morning during my stay! Chef Melrow sat me at a table and right away offered to make me an omelet at a live cooking station. My omelet was excellent! The single serve Tabasco bottles were a nice touch on the buffet. Chef Melrow also mentioned that he had baked some cranberry carrot cake muffins and had them placed with other breakfast pastries on the buffet. They were delicious!

Zaheer, one of the restaurant's servers who waited my table, was very friendly and professional. He is very service-minded and exceeded my service expectations. He brought me coffee and juice very promptly and offered me to-go cups in case I wanted to take a cup of coffee to go. He also had conversations with me and made me feel welcome. Karen, who also works at the restaurant, was very pleasant as I was finishing up my meal and leaving. I also did a separate review on Basil's Kitchen here on Trip Advisor, too.

As I was checking out, I wasn't offered any help with my belongings - to help me bring them outside, or at least put them all on a cart. I had with me a large suitcase, a laptop bag, a purse, and a hard camera carrying case. I figured the hotel catered to mainly business guests who have very minimal luggage, so it wasn't a big deal. I just took all of my things to my friend's car outside the hotel myself.

After checking out, I was able to meet with Ms. Donna Rios, the hotel's General Manager, who also is from Guam, which was a pleasant coincidence. She was very nice and we had a short conversation at the Front Desk, where I also met Melanie, the hotel's Front Office manager.

All in all, I had an excellent stay at this hotel, and would definitely like to return again when my travels take me back to Seattle.

Room Tip: The room I was in on the sixth floor, which had a view of the freeway, was actually very quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (1,187)

Reviewed November 16, 2011

We just returned from a few days/nights at the Hilton Bellevue ... what a wonderful hotel. The hotel is lovely, well kept and the staff are friendly, helpful ... simply fabulous. The rooms are clean, spacious, and well-appointed and the beds are extremely comfortable. The hallways are wide which keeps the noise level down and assures guests a good night’s sleep! The restaurant breakfast buffet is super - all varieties of muffins, scones, breads and cereals, freshly made eggs, waffles and omelets, bacon & sausage, hot and cold buffet items, fruit and yogurts ... and reasonably priced. The hotel offers a free shuttle service to any location within a few miles of the hotel ... very convenient. I wholeheartedly recommend this hotel and next time I am in Seattle, I will gladly return.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 6, 2011

A tile fell on my foot in my room, the staff didn't apologize and just said "these things happen", they promised us compensation (hilton gift certificates) that were suppose to be mailed to our address - it has been over 5 months, and I still haven't received the hilton gift certificates. I called them several times, each time they said the gift certificates on its way....but it still hasn't arrived
Manager at Hilton spoke with me, and forced me to show her my injury in the middle of the lobby. I felt like a hostage, I couldn't leave the hotel until she took a picture of my foot in the middle of the lobby at Hilton. Horrible service.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank Chris T
Reviewed November 2, 2011

My second stay at this hotel for business, and I would stay again. It's nothing really special but all very predictable.

I must say the HVAC could do with an upgrade as this rooms one didn't work properly and I remember last time they had to come SMS repair it as well, so it makes me think there is something pretty wrong or at least old here.

Overall, good position and the corporate rate was pretty good.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed November 1, 2011

While this Hilton is about one mile from downtown Bellevue, it is a nice Hilton. The lobby is spacious and has a 80's motif, but the staff, rooms, workout facility were nice. I would recommend staying there and utilizing the free Hilton shuttle to get around Bellevue (to / from) resturants, workplaces, etc...

Room Tip: Hilton Honors members get access to the 9th floor where there is some decent morning / evening appet...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 24, 2011

I stayed here for a house hunting trip and the location, with easy access to I-405, was perfect for my trips to Redmond and Seattle and within Bellevue. Close to downtown Bellevue, but not in the heart of it. Whether it's walkable depends on you and the weather.

This is an older (probably 70's) property, but it's well maintained. The rooms are very large and comfortable-- separate sink/vanity outside of the bathroom, and plenty of room for the large desk, sofa and coffee table in my room. My room faced 112th Avenue S (not the highway). My husband, who is very sensitive to noise, didn't have a problem with the early morning traffic on this road.

Housekeeping was excellent.

I wasn't informed of the Executive Lounge when I checked in (and I forgot to ask). I saw the button on the elevator and asked about Gold Member access and used it on my last day. I wish I had known about it earlier-- it was a notch above the average Hilton Executive Lounge.

Room Tip: My room facing 112th Ave was pretty quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 17, 2011

Stayed with a large group from work attending meetings and banquet. Check-in was friendly and quick considering the size of our group. My co-worker and I shared a two queen bed room. Our room was on the freeway side of the hotel. Double sliders to the patio helped buffer the traffic noise. Beds were quite comfy. Room was clean and spacious.
Only had two towels and one washcloth in the bathroom. Called housekeeping just after checking in to request more. No one showed up. Called again after dinner and they came right away.
Food at our buffet dinner was good. Service was fair. Never got my water glass refilled.
Continental breakfast the next morning was excellent and service much better than the night before. Also had luncheon banquet and food and service were excellent.
Even though there were a couple of minor problems, overall it was a good experience and I would recommend to others and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business