“good location”

Ranked #8 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
Surrey, Canada
“good location”
Reviewed June 1, 2011

went down to watch the Mariners & Yankees, & when yankees are in town the prices go up in downtown Seattle, so decided to stay in Bellevue.
Great price and only 15 mins to get down to Safeco Field. The hotel is great, the rooms are very spacious and very clean. Also, parking is free, compared to downtown.
I will stay again for sure.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
HiltonManager1, Manager at Hilton Bellevue, responded to this review, July 5, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. We are glad you find our location so easy to get around the area and the rooms to be so comfortable. We look forward to your next visit.

Rregards,

Hilton Bellevue

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Korean first
OH
Reviewed May 8, 2011

I love staying at most Hilton properties - this one has a large glass lobby and is visually very appealing. The rooms were very quiet and spacious. I appreciated having a balcony on the few nights of warmth Bellevue experienced. They have a free breakfast buffet on the 9th floor if your an Honors member, however, I did not wake up early enough to experience it myself. The gym was well equipped and not heavily populated. Hope I can stay here again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed March 31, 2011

I admit - I wasn't really excited about having to stay at the Hilton Bellvue - from the outside, it looked like it had been caught in a 70's time warp. My client suggested that hotel because they have a corporate discount arranged there. Surprise - surprise - - it was just perfect! I'd go back there in a heartbeat.

The staff, from the front desk clerks all the way to the lady who served the complimentary breakfast on the "executive floor" were just as thoughtful and accommodating as could be. The room was very comfortable, and athough not over-the-top, was clean and comfortable. And although my room gave me a panoramic view of the freeway, I never recall hearing any road noise. There's also a very large parking lot, which came in handy on Sunday afternoon (at my arrival) when the hotel was hosting an American Girl Doll-themed luncheon for mothers and their daughters (and, I'd assume, their dolls).

Only one point of pain, but it's a biggie: only blocks away from the headquarters of Microsoft, the hotel didn't offer a complimentary business center. I had free wireless as part of the corporate-rate package, but I had a multi-page document to print out and time on the printer-connected PCs in the hotel's basement "business center" started at $5 for 10 minutes - I assume the printed pages would have come with an additional fee. (I always wonder why "full service" hotels charge for stuff I can get free at a hotel that would be described as "limited service"!) There's a Kinko's about three miles away; for no other reason than a quiet protest, I thought the trip was well worth it!

Room Tip: Executive floor is trulywonderful, if you qualify
Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
milaniesmith, Manager at Hilton Bellevue, responded to this review, April 16, 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your feedback on our property and most especially our staff! We have shared your thoughtful comments with those departments mentioned. We look forward to hosting your next trip to this area, be it pleasure or business related.
Regards,
The Hilton Bellevue
San Francisco
Reviewed March 29, 2011

I stayed here while attending a conference at the Hyatt about a mile away. The free shuttle was outstanding. It runs at the top of each hour but the bellman is happy to take you where you want to go if you show up on the half-hour. When I needed a pick-up at the Hyatt, I'd call and the driver would show up within 10 minutes.

The rooms were fine and serviceable. I was on the Executive Floor and enjoyed the hot breakfast each morning (outstanding sweet pineapple!). This Hilton offers appetizer coupons to people on the Executive Floor instead of serving appetizers in the breakfast area. Appetizer choices include caesar salad, fruit & cheese plate, hot wings, clam chowder, etc. You get one coupon per night's stay and can use two coupons maximum. The caesar salad was really good. You can use the coupons in the restaurant or for room service. I was happy that an additional tray fee was not tacked on if the coupons are used for room service. Free high speed internet access is provided to Hilton Gold & Diamond members and parking is free--both a happy perk in these times of additional hotel charges.

The most surprising aspect of this hotel was the service: from the bellman/shuttle driver to the front desk and especially to the kind and genuine woman who managed the executive floor breakfast area--everyone was sincere and friendly. It was a little shocking and a delight. I would definitely stay at this hotel again--not for the rooms or the location, but for the outstanding staff.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay with us. We appreciate your comments and are pleased to hear the staff took such good care of you during your visit. Our goal is to provide exceptional service for each guest! We look forward to your next visit to the area.

Regards,
The Hilton Bellevue
Southeast Florida
Reviewed March 21, 2011

This Hilton is well located near the 405 in Bellevue and accessible to many WA areas, including Seattle. The downtown Bellevue is quite nice, featuring many fine restaurants and malls.

The property looks to have been built in the 1980's, with dark wood used for molding and cabinets. The atrium is large, having a sloped glass panel wall extending from lobby to the 9th floor for the width of the hotel. Many conferences are held here as well, and the lower parking garage is used as demonstration space for some. Note to the area visitors. Seattle is frequently rainy and when this covered garage is in use, you will park outside, most likely a walk away from the hotel. Umbrellas are not optional..

Check in was efficient and in no time I was in my room. The room was large, but felt old, from the fading carpet to the dark mahogany look alike furniture. The newest things in the room were the comfy office char and the flat screen TV. Seattle tends to be dark in many months from clouds and rain, thus I turned on all the room lights. One light sparked next to the bed from a loose switch. I called the front desk and a repair was quickly made to the lamp. Still, the size of the room was too much for the desk lamp, 2 bedside lamps, and one floor lamp. I was squinting to see my ironing for wrinkles. Note to management. Please install a few more High Hats or directed spotlights to aid in room lighting.

The bathroom was clean, but at some time in the past a bright idea was sold to install water savers on the sink faucet, which turned what would have been a faucet into effectively a plant mister. Try and rinse your toothbrush with a plant mister some time and observe how quickly your annoyance grows. I gave up on Day two and used the tub instead of the sink. Note to management. Please remove the sink water saver device.

The King bed was comfortable and the room was overall very quiet, even tho I faced the 405.

On the Friday of that week, I needed an ATM. The Hotel ATM had an error, and refused to issue cash. The front desk staff was polite enough to refer me to the next door Red Lion Inn and their ATM, which was the same brand as the Hilton with one key difference. The transaction fee was less at the Red Lion than at the Hilton for the same ATM vendor, Triton. Curious...

Check out was efficient and without incident on that Saturday way too early in the morning

Aside from the water stingy sink faucet, lack of room lighting on those dark days in Washington state, and the ATM which wanted your money rather than the other way around, I would stay again at this property without issue.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
Reviewed March 20, 2011

The hilton in Bellvue is a rather older hotel. You can tell the rooms have had a slight renovation. Like, a new flatscreen TV and nice bedding. However the furniture was very dated. Ols lounge chair, dresser, and the bed was on wheels (very old). There wasn't a minibar or fridge in the room either. My room had a very large stain on the carpet too. Again, marks on an old hotel.
The good things I like in the hotel were the breakfast buffet. The omlettes were great and the omlette chef was great as well. Very personable and made an awesome meal. The service of the front desk staff was very attentive as well as the bar staff.
The gym is small but has newer equipment. I enjoyed using it.
The location is near to middle downtown. Not walkable but the hotel offers a shuttle. I found it easier to just drive myself since I rented car.
For the near downtown location and older date hotel I thought the rate was a bit too much. Should have been about 20% cheaper when I compare it to where my coworkers stayed.

• Stayed March 2011
Seattle
Reviewed February 24, 2011

Because of the snow storm, i was checking in early, and was pleasantly surprised they had a room immediately available. However, the first room they gave me had something seriously wrong with it - like the ceiling had caved in from water damage and I couldn't even open the door all the way because the ceiling was all the way on the ground. The second room was better, but the heater didn't work. After several hours of having the thermostat set to 75F with nothing changing, my partner called downstairs. They sent up a very professional guy who immediately fixed the issue.

While parking is free, they charge for wifi ($15 per-day) and a mini fridge (I think it was $15 per-day as well). Bottled water in the room is $5. I think it is kind of insultingly stingy to charge $15 for wifi after I spent almost $200 for one-night in a hotel room. Nickled & dimed.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business