“Fabulous comfy hotel”

Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
Madison, Wisconsin
“Fabulous comfy hotel”
Reviewed July 16, 2007

I stayed at the Silver Cloud Inn in order to attend a conference at the Meydenbauer Center. I feel I could scarcely have picked a better hotel. Nearly everything was perfect: comfortable bed, big TV, nice chair with an ottoman for lounging, superpowered A/C (we were there for the rare heat wave). The staff was unfailingly helpful and kind. The only drawbacks to my room were four baby spiders (RIP) and the fact that the toilet occasionally ran for no reason.

I have to make a particular note about their wonderful free breakfast. This included not only the standard sweet pastries, juice, and coffee, but also: a make your own waffle bar; hard boiled eggs; cheese; yogurt; bread, english muffins, and bagels for the toaster; fresh fruit; many kinds of tea; and hot chocolate mix. This was so much better than what our conference was offering that we ate it every morning. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Liked — Breakfast
  • Disliked — very warm hallway
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
3 Thank tigerb

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Portland, OR
Reviewed July 7, 2007

I loved it! Rented a double queen room that was bigger than most other hotels. The staff was more than helpful when I was looking for a late night printing store. They got me extra blankets quick. Aveda products in the bathroom. Clean and cozy. Breakfast was great, quite a bit of selection.

The best part, the pillows. Not because there were 4 per bed but they were the best I've ever come across.

• Liked — The pillows
  • Disliked — View and parking
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank Leftfisted
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 20, 2007

Rooms were clean, classy & quiet with a bit of dampness. Big screen TV in room. Nice supportive bed with lots of pillows. Public computer with Internet connection in the lobby. Limited free breakfast. Paid $149 + $21.46/day taxes for room with king size bed over a weekend stay. Not exactly a great value, but overall good experience.

• Liked — Room quality & cleanliness.
  • Disliked — Nothing really, maybe air room out bit more to eliminate mild dampness.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled solo
1 Thank avio
Moses Lake, Washington
Reviewed May 22, 2007

Our family stayed here overnight in May as we visited our freshman son at UW. I love Bellevue because of the GREAT shopping (Bellevue Square) and good restaurants. We booked the Silver Cloud through Expedia for $99. It was clean, quiet, friendly, well-priced ... and only 3 blocks from the mall!! The TV was an awesome flat screen attached to the wall. It's also nice to have a fridge and microwave in the room. The breakfast was typical with white bread , sweet rolls and waffles. We'll probably stay here again! (or the Silver Cloud closer to UW)

• Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank AWaysToGo
Bluffton
Reviewed May 2, 2007

I stayed at this hotel while on business in the area and found it to be both quiet and very convenient to the highway and downtown restaurants. The hotel itself is well appointed and has reliable high
speed internet access in the room. The staff was responsive, but not
particularly friendly. The included continental breakfast is more than adequate. I will stay here again.

• Liked — location
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank RoadWarriorBluffton
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed August 9, 2006

I really enjoyed my stay at the Silver Cloud in Belleview. I arrived after midnight on the first night of my stay and was pleasantly surprised to find a huge flatscreen tv hanging on the wall above the microwave and refrigerator! The wireless internet was convenient and the fresh belgian waffles were nice to wake up to. As others have mentioned, the bed was extremely comfortable and the room was clean and well maintained. The only complaint I have is the parking lot - the spaces are way too tight!

I spend over 50 nights a year in hotel rooms including various Hilton and Marriott properties. I count the Silver Cloud in Belleview as one of the best I've stayed in (especially for the price - $125).

• Liked — Flat screen TV and comfortable bed
  • Disliked — Parking Lot
  • Tips/Secrets — Park in the back for the widest spaces
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
7 Thank jamrom
Reviewed July 22, 2006

How did this hotel get to be rated #1 in Bellevue? This is a mediocre place to stay at best, and in my experience it was pretty awful.

My room was very small, the toilet would not flush right, the TV remote would not work (front desk replaced it), the air conditioning unit was noisy. The bed and pillows, I admit, were comfortable. The electrical power went off in the hotel one night, and when it came back on at 3am the incredibly loud fire alarm in the room went off and we jumped out of bed from a sound sleep in panic. (The outage was the hotel's problem, not a neighborhood or city problem) The hallway at least on the 4th floor was about 135 degrees. It was like a sauna getting to your room. The elevator is as slow as one could see in an elevator and still call it an elevator. Staff at the front desk was indifferent to concerns at best. They have a computer in the lobby for internet access and say there is also wireless in the lobby but I couldn't get it to work & when I told the front desk the clerk barely looked up from shuffling his papers around and said "yah, it's not working today." It would have been nice if they could have put at least a sticky note on the computer screen saying "temp. out of order" so i didn't waste my time and have frustration.

The parking spaces outside are extremely narrow and even those with small cars (like me) had a hard time parking. Also, the lines are double-painted, like old lines were changed and new lines applied, so it's confusing just where the spaces are supposed to be.

There must be a better place to stay in Bellevue. I won't return here that's for sure.

• Liked — bed
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Tips/Secrets — stay elsewhere
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled on business
4 Thank AlanLight
Garybellevue, General Manager at Silver Cloud Inn Bellevue, responded to this review, May 14, 2007
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the Silver Cloud Inn-Bellevue.

I have reviewed your comments concerning the maintenance problems you experienced with our Chief Engineer and we have taken steps to avoid future events. Since your visit, we have top coated and striped the parking lot thus eliminating confusion. Although, we had no control over the power outage, we have taken steps to prevent alarms from sounding due to power surges when the power returns.

Please accept my apology for any inconvenience you experienced. We value all guests and we hope to have another opportunity to accommodate you on your next visit to Bellevue.