“This was a 4-star stay”

Ranked #10 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
north vancouver
“This was a 4-star stay”
Reviewed August 29, 2009

This is the second time we've come for a lady's weekend of shopping and dining and we were not disappointed. We were fortunate enough to be upgraded to a club room with the benefit of complimentary breakfast and a free appetizer in the bar.

Our room was small but very clean and the a/c worked well and was not too noisy. The beds were great and the bathroom was clean and well stocked. We received two bottles of water each day of our stay and the coffee was replenished each day as well.

The hotel is several blocks away from the mall but close enough to walk. It was also a short walk to Whole Foods on the other side of the freeway and also to Lake Washington.

Our room was on the side of the hotel away from the freeway and was very quiet at night. We never heard other guests coming and going from their rooms.

The breakfast in the club lounge was adequate. It's always nice to get coffee and orange juice in the morning. Also on offer was toast, bagels, muffins, croissants and pastries, yogurt and oatmeal and fresh fruit (melon, strawberries, raspberries, grapes). The attendant was kind of weird--just hovered around and watched us eat. I asked if there were glasses for the orange juice and he seemed not to know the answer. I used the disposable coffee cup--kind of wasteful. Other than that it was fine.

In the afternoon on the weekends the club lounge isn't open so they give you coupons for an appetizer in the bar across from the lobby. The appetizers actually were pretty substantial and we never needed dinner when we left there. The wine list seemed to be a problem for them though. I asked to see it and was given it but when I ordered they seemed to be out of almost all the wines. Again, kind of weird. On the third night the excuse was that the waitress had to wait for someone to bring her keys to get the wine. We waited over half an hour--I could have walked to Safeway and bought my own bottle--should have offered to buy some for them too! The lounge was always quiet--never more than a few other tables filled but it was a good place to sit for a few hours and watch the Mariners! The food was really quite good and the waitresses were nice.

All in all this was a real treat for us. We didn't have to cook and make the beds! Would we stay here again? You bet! Thanks Sheraton staff for a great weekend!

Free parking, too!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed August 13, 2009

We stayed at this hotel on our trip tp Seattle to see the Mariners play. We found hotels in downtown Seattle too expensive, but this one was right in our budget. The staff was friendly and helpful....and we never had a problem with them. The rooms were nice, cleand and cozy. The location was great....easy access to Seattle and Bellevue has some great shopping only a few blocks away.
We had dinner at the hotel restaurant and it was great! We also had dinner one night at the Azteca, which is attached to the hotel...great food for the price and a nice casual atmosphere.
We would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2009

I visited the Sheraton Bellevue for a business trip, luckily my company paid for my stay here for 3 weeks-- otherwise, I would of wanted my money back. The rooms were cramped, the decor was in sailor and boat, which made me feel like I was staying in a little boys room. The remote didn't work, had to request another, and the pillows were thin. The service was horrible! The staff there is very unprofessional, when they answer the phone, they say, "Hello, Mr.__________"... except I was a Mrs., and they never got that right for the 3 weeks that I was staying there. Also, they would answer with a rude tone every time I called, even if I called from outside my room. They suggested, "I love sushi" as a hibachi restaurant.... um, do you guys even know what hibachi is? They also charge for everything here and are very unhelpful. I also heard the staff talking bad about many guests behind their back on several occasions. All staff there do not know professionalism-- except the maid service... they were the only thing I have no complaints about.... but maybe it's because I gave them a tip..... Regardless, I will never return and will make sure my company puts me in another hotel, even if I have to pay extra.

Boston, MA and NYC.
Reviewed July 6, 2009

The front desk is unprofessional. You will find them chatting rudely about guest at their work station where everyone can listen. When they answer the phone they do not bother to check if you are a female or male. They will assume you are a male and say " MR. Smith what may I do for you." Even though you just called down twice in a five minute period. They are rude when you ask where to eat or what to do in Seattle.

The rooms are small and all the maids don't speak english. You can to talk to the maid's manager so they may speak in spanish to get your point across.

This hotel should be rated 2 1/2 stars. It does not feel like a SHERTON at all! This hotel should not bare the name Sheraton. IT IS THE WORST SHERATON I'VE EVER STAYED AT!

PS internet service will cost you 10 bucks a day!

New York City, New York
Reviewed July 1, 2009

What a hidden gem! Great Staff, friendly and very knowledgable. The rooms are spotless and very comfortable and beautiful. You must go and see the Original Art Work in the room and lobby areas!
Please eat in the restaurant for lunch or dinner! The Chef is outstanding!!!
Incredible food!!! Don't miss the great hotel if you are visiting or doing business in the Bellevue and Seattle areas. . You can walk everywhere if you want to or they even have a free shuttle that will take you anywhere in a 5 mile radius.
I can't wait to come back. Thank you to all the staff- they are great! Especially a women traveling alone! It's very safe!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 26, 2009

Good sized rooms. Easy check in/out. Parking was easy accessible. Within walking distance to most of the offices in Bellevue. Getting there is a little tricky the first time round. Shuttle service was great when the evening was over and you needed a ride back to the hotel. Eventhough some of the rooms face the highway, you could barely hear the cars zipping by.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank mstsc
Liberty Lake, Washington
Reviewed May 16, 2009

It had been many years since I stayed at the Sheraton Bellevue. In fact, the hotel was a Hilton on my last stay. Things have really changed for the better! The entire hotel, including all of the rooms, has been recently renovated & upgraded. The staff was very helpful and polite. I was given an upgrade to the club level because I'm SPG gold. I don't think there is a difference in the rooms, but you do get access to the small club lounge. The breakfast there was adequate to get you going in the morning. I enjoyed my short stay & I would certainly consider the hotel again. One major pro: free parking. One major con: freeway noise (even with quadruple paned windows).

1 Thank JHBingham