“Clean hotel in convenient location, but noisy”
Review of Sheraton Bellevue

Sheraton Bellevue
Ranked #10 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
Reviewed October 16, 2008

My sister & I stayed at this hotel for two nights in October on a girls weekend away. We got a great price at $83 per night plus free parking, so it was well worth it. The location was great for our day trips to Seattle (6 miles away), as well as a trip up to Anacortes (2 hrs) to catch the ferry to the San Jusan Islands. The hotel is located off the 405 freeway and about a mile from the major shopping malls, which have lots of nice chain restaurants. It's also conveniently located to many businesses in Bellevue for business trips. The hotel provides a free courtesy shuttle for trips close to the hotel, including the restaurants at the malls.

We did not use the fitness facility, but saw that a free pass (and shuttle service) is provided to a local fitness club, so if the on site facilities are not adequate, this can be a viable option. The Bliss products in the hotel room are nice. They provide soap, lotion, mouthwash, shampoo & conditioner. It would be nice to have body wash instead of soap, but considering that the Marriott now only provides shampoo & lotion (no conditioner!), the Sheraton provides a nice variety.

The flat panel televisions & upgraded rooms are nice, but there is too much furniture in the rooms t really move around. It feels cramped. We had two double beds, a dresser with a TV on top, a lounge chair with an ottoman, a large desk & chair, and another ottoman.

The rooms were clean and we couldn't hear the street noise. However, the walls between the rooms are thin & we could hear the conversations & television in the room next door. Fortunately, they went to bed at 10pm and we didn't have anyone on the other side, but this was a definite negative for the property. Soundproofing needs to be improved.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank MMM2001
moonsafari, Regional Director of Revenue Management at Sheraton Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2008

Thank you for your kind words. We are truly delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and I am glad you two had a great time in the San Juan Islands. We hope you will keep us in mind next time travel brings you into Seattle again.
Take Care,

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Bellevue

Reviewed October 14, 2008

Room is ok but noisy (you hear all what is going in the next room).
TV has a good size but only English channels (no International channels)
Sport room is OK (no swimming pool)
no safe in the room, no shower gel provided (only soap!), no good concierge to advice on restaurants (hopefully we have tripadvisor!)
Clearly below Sheraton average. You can find better hotels in Bellevue

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank copaindenimes

Thank you for your valued feedback. We strive to correct any issues when they are brought to our attention so that we can better accommodate you while you are a guest with us. We are currently working on a device to correct the threshold space on the doors and it has worked successfully. We have just recently completed a 5.7million renovation and have made vast improvements to the hotel including tripling the size of the Sheraton Workout room, which is equipped with a wide range of new equipment to better the experience for our guests. I am truly saddened that you did not enjoy your stay with us and hope that you give us another chance when travel brings you into Seattle or Bellevue. Please feel free to call me directly in my office at 425-945-3310 next time you plan to come to back.

Reviewed September 17, 2008

We've stayed at this property at least six times when visiting Bellevue. The primary attraction for us is that it is a dog friendly, budget priced hotel. With the recent upgrades to the rooms, the accommodation is clean and comfortable, if a little on the small side.

Our experience with the front desk staff is hit and miss - most are friendly, but some are rather indifferent (which is unfortunately the case with the female clerk who we have encountered there most often). There are two independently run restaurants on the same lot (not in the hotel) which are, on their best days, average. The location is a drawback - right next to a major highway with the attendant noise and ambiance. Even after the upgrades, the heater/AC is still an old and noisy wall unit. Rodents seem to be a problem around the property exterior - there are rat poison boxes around the outside and we did encounter a dead rat in the parking lot on one stay. The renovated counters in the restroom are too high - our 6 year old cannot not reach the taps on the sink.

In summary, in our experience this is an acceptable choice for a basic, pet friendly hotel if you can get the rate at around $125 or less per night. However, if the rate is much more than that or pet friendly is not a big factor for you, I'd suggest choosing the Westin or some of the other hotels closer to Bellevue Square, which have higher standards and a better location.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank taxpyers_frnd
Reviewed August 17, 2008

The cost was nearly $300 per night, including taxes, and I really expected better in some areas.

The room, although newly renovated and looking very nice and clean, had a bad, chemical smell. This might not be a problem for some people, but smells bother me plus I have asthma. It seemed worse in the closet, so I left it closed while I was there, and kept the window open when I left (the cleaners kept closing it, which was annoying). Also couldn't open the window more than a few inches, which made it difficult to get fresh air. Scary when freeway air is cleaner than whatever's already in the room.

The bed was fairly comfortable. I asked for non-down pillows since I'm slightly allergic to down (which I explained to the desk person), and those were delivered fairly promptly. However, there were only two, and they were both pretty flat. Plus they left the 5-6 down pillows in the room, which took up a lot of floor space, and the cleaners kept putting them back on the bed with the non-down pillows, so I had to sort them again every night.

The room was next to the service elevator, which made some noise when used, but not enough to wake me up at night. The hotel is also right on the freeway, hence a constant buzz from that, though the double paned windows reduced it quite a lot when closed (enter the Closet Smell). I used the AC for a bit to cool down the room before going to bed, since the window wouldn't open far enough to do the job, then left the fan on at night to help drown out elevator/freeway noises. Slept fine.

I ordered room service the first two mornings I was there. The first morning, there was a useful card to fill out and hang on the door to pre-order the night before, indicating what I wanted and what time to deliver it. That was nice. They didn't give me a new one for the 2nd or 3rd mornings, however, which meant I had to skip breakfast the third morning because there wasn't time to order it over the phone and wait for it to arrive, or mess with a restaurant, unless I wanted to get up at 4:30 am (I didn't).

Staff was very courteous and professional, especially the room service guys. Food was good, and more than enough. Prices were reasonable, but they add BOTH a delivery fee and a mandatory 20% tip. I have to wonder what the tip was for if a delivery fee is already being paid. Just a nice way to rip people off. Basic breakfast cost was about $20 each morning, with the tip & fee included.

Wide-screen high-def TVs (huge for such a small room), but no wide-screen or high-def TV channels (few channels in general), so it didn't look good. Also was set to go to widescreen settings by default, so I had to reset it to standard ratio every time I turned it on. Less tech-savvy people or those who haven't used a widescreen TV before would probably have trouble changing the setting, and everything on the TV would look rather fat.

Also be sure to check the water bottles, etc, that they leave in the room. There should be TWO apparently, and if there's not two when you check in, tell the front desk. Mine had one when I checked in, and they added a second one two days later, then tried to charge me when I checked out. They immediately removed the charge when I pointed it out, without bothering to check with anyone, and based on other reports regarding Sheraton, they're probably deliberately overcharging for bottled water and hoping to make some extra cash off the people that don't dispute the charge. The tap water tastes fine, and there were plenty of clean glasses.

Bathroom was clean and new, but nowhere to hang towels (---?). Seriously, how hard is it to screw a pretty towel hook into the wall? Although there was a bathtub, it was pretty short, and not usable by an average-sized adult for taking a bath. Fine for kids or shorter people though.

The Azteca next door was mediocre. Good staff, but the food had more flash than substance, and the salsa was really a marinara type sauce that just tasted weird. Maybe they were just using that because of the tomato salmonella scare. I really hope so. Food in general didn't taste particularly good - sort of the McDonald's of the mexican restaurant world, in my opinion. Desert was better.

1  Thank Valentijn78
Reviewed August 6, 2008

My wife and I spent three wonderful days in the Seattle area and the Sheraton Bellevue was our home base. The construction and renovation seems to be completed for the most part.
The check in staff was great and within a few minutes we had our card keys and were headed up to the sixth floor. The room felt brand new, with upgrades everywhere. A three star hotel, with a four star interior. The outside of the hotel is not very impressive, but the lobby, hallways and rooms are very nice.
Seattle has a great bus system, and so we used the express bus from Bellevue to Seattle several times. It's about a 1/2 mile walk from the hotel to the bus terminal transit station. Two people can make the 20 minute ride from Bellevue to Seattle for $5.
We only used our rental car for special excursions in and around the Seattle area.
After our stay we boarded a cruise ship for an Alaskan adventure, and returned to Seattle and stayed at the Sheraton Seattle Downtown. Once again, a great hotel with the same superior upgraded rooms. One night downtown Seattle was about the same rate as three nights in Bellevue -- we recommend you consider the Bellevue option. Wonderful community, clean and safe!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 24, 2008

where do I start becasue there are so many things wrong with this hotel, maybe instead of just renovating the building, they should clean house with the staff.

check-in the staff was not very friendly or knowledgeable

the rooms was digusting and looked like it still was dirty including hair in the bathroom

room service food was cold and tasted sour like it was spoiled and when I called restaurant the manager could not have made me feel more unwanted if he tried, and believe me he tried!

and the deal breaker, they gave me someone elses bill under my door in the morning

Shame on you starwood, I would think you standards would be higher!

Reviewed July 21, 2008

I stayed at this hotel for a meeting on its premises and overall the stay was rather enjoyable. The staff were very very friendly and accommodating. I asked to change rooms because the first one was rather noisy at night and they did so without a problem although the hotel was almost completely booked. I also requested an early check-in and even though the room I was given was on the ground floor and due to renovation had no water for the first 1 hour of my arrival, it was still nice.

Pros:
- Great Staff
- Affordable Rates
- Recently renovated large comfortable rooms
- Affordable rates
- Within walking distance (~15 minutes) to the Bellevue Bus Transit Station and local restaurants and shopping
- About 30 min from downtown Seattle on Express bus (#550)
- great Shuttle service to local area in case you don't want to battle the rather steep hills (bring comfortable shoes anyway, Seattle area has lots of hills)

Cons:
- Still undergoing renovation (noise, smell, dust)
- No scenic views (see pictures), hotel is overlooking the highway and the street
- 2 restaurants on premises (Mexican and American cuisine)
- no swimming pool
- No hotel shuttle service to the airport, cab ride is about $40.
- No real business center. There is just one computer and printer in the lobby with a long line of people waiting to use it. If you can, bring your laptop.
- fee for Wi-Fi

Overall, the cons were more than made up for by the friendliness and great service from the hotel staff. Our group held meeting on premises and it was rather well organized with occasional inconvenience (closed restrooms, etc.) caused by the ongoing renovations. One word of advice: do not book the club level rooms if you don't have to. The only difference, as demonstrated by my pictures is the upgraded bathroom amenities (mouthwash, vanity kit, lotion, bath sponge, robe). The club room and the regular room are exactly the same size with identical furniture. So why spend the extra $$ when you don't have to?

1  Thank avodemas
moonsafari, Regional Director of Revenue Management at Sheraton Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2008

We are delighted to know your stay was pleasant. We have just completed an extensive renovation and are hearing a lot of positive comments with the new design. We do apologize that you had to experience a few inconveniences with the renovation, but it is now complete and we truly welcome you back when in Bellevue to see the completed look!

Take Care,