“Good place to stay for business traveler”
Review of Sheraton Bellevue

Sheraton Bellevue
Ranked #10 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
“Good place to stay for business traveler”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

As usual for US hotels there is no noise reduction between rooms and this is the biggest disadvantage of this hotel. In general, hotel is rather average for US east coast hotels. Price is OK, location is good, there are shuttles, parking and taxi available. Default choice for MSFT business visitors.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Brian L, General Manager at Sheraton Bellevue, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you for posting....and for your business. We really appreciate it. Please reach out to the front desk upon your next visit....as some of the room layouts can better mitigate any ambient noise you referenced.

Best regards,
Brian L.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Korean first
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed May 18, 2013

My best friend and I booked the girls shopping weekend package on the Mother's Day weekend. For $179 we got a fantastic room and for each night we stayed we also received a $100 gift card to Macy's. not sure you can find a better deal around. The hotel is well located, about a 5 min drive from the nearby Bellevue Square mall. Because we are Starwood gold customers, we were upgraded to the club level which features a free breakfast each morning complete with eggs, homemade waffles and a great selection of juice, fruits etc. they also have a latte machine which makes terrific lattes. There are also free appetizers each night from 5-8pm. Rooms are clean, comfortable and there is two dining choices located within the parking lot ( the hotels restaurant as well as a Mexican place which was really good). There honestly cannot be a better deal around and we would highly recommend the hotel and this deal in particular. We booked it online from the Starwood site.

Room Tip: We were on the 5th floor. No view but very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
We are delighted your "Girls shopping trip " was a great success. We agree, it is a great shopping package deal. It was our pleasure to have you here, so please come and stay with us again the next time you get that urge to splurge in Bellevue! : )
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 15, 2013

The Sheraton Bellevue is my go-to hotel whenever I'm in the Seattle area (and have done so for at least the last 5 years). The staff are extremely friendly and helpful, and are very professional in all they do (this includes everyone from maids to reception to Club lounge - in fact, everyone).

Yes, the building is older, but has been renovated. Rooms are comfortable - especially, as with all Sheratons, the bed - and clean. Amenities are the usual and are of very good quality.

If you are on the Club floor (or are a platinum card member), the free breakfast in the Club lounge has been upgraded to include waffles, scrambled eggs and fired potatoes. The new latte machine produces excellent coffee.

Free parking and the location (excellent restaurants, such as Sea Star, are within easy walking distance) are additional benefits.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us and your kind words regarding the staff. I have shared your comments with our team, and it was just their joy to receive them. Sometimes we often forget that people can, and often do make a hotel experience a great one. A genuine, welcoming smile and a caring, helpful attitude can be worth its weight in opulent marble and brass when a friendly helping hand is needed during your stay.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Pro's:
- Outstanding service and extremely helpful staff
- Reasonable size room
- Upgrade to Club gets you a small buffet breakfast and in-room Wifi for free
- Free courtesy shuttle car to anywhere within 5mi of the hotel

Con's:
- No noise reduction between hall and bedroom - you will hear everything in the corridor
- Noise of highway on east side of hotel, humming of external A/C units on west side of hotel
- The curtains are so far away from the window, that by the time the sun's broken for an hour, the curtains are pretty pointless and don't keep the room near dark at all.
- Rooms 621/622 underneath the club lounge room on 7th floor - hell in the morning if women with high-heels walk around the club room
- Rooms *15 through about *19 (I think, it's roughly around there tho) are by the ice machine which is open in the corridor and can be noisy

I stayed at this hotel on business for 11 nights before moving (mainly for a change in scenary) to another hotel for my 3rd/final week in Bellevue.

The staff at his hotel are amazingly helpful, and my experience started with James on check-in who walked me through everything about staying in the hotel, facilities, club, the lot. Whilst the hotel looks a bit "70s old" on the outside it's more modern on the inside (although not quite as bright as the hotel photos make out).

The room was of reasonable size, with a reasonably firm and ok king bed in. I stayed in 622, unfortunately underneath the club lounge - you only notice this though if a lady walks round the lounge upstairs in high heels, else you won't notice. Inter-room noise is reasonably low (I only heard some kids on a couple of mornings), however there is no noise insulation between the room and the hallway despite a door being there. Someone chatting in the corridor? You will hear every word. Kid running in the corridor? You'll hear every footstep. Another door room closes (and they slam at Sheraton) - you'll know about it.

The other significant issue I had - the curtains. I don't need pitch black to sleep but I like a dark room. The way the curtains are hung they sit several inches away from the actual window/wall - so once the sun comes up, they will bleed light like mad down the sides. They also don't close and overlap in the middle - so again, more light bleeding through in the morning. Don't expect a lie in if you're light sensitive!

The aircon unit was great, and whilst it made a little noise when it's on that's to be expected. Was v good at quickly cooling the room. Outside the room there's perpetual hum - it's not too intrusive but is there, and I put it down to the outside A/C vents.

Wifi was very fast and reliable for me - and they up'd it to a supposed 50Mb connection whilst I was there. The one plus with their wifi is they allow two concurrenet devices to be connected and associated with your room - so if you want your iphone and laptop at the same time - no problem. In many hotels, you get stuck with one. Also, if you take the upgrade to Club, your WiFi is free, even though this isn't that clear on the website.

The club lounge is basically 2 bed rooms knocked through. They have a v large screen tv and sofa/chairs up there, as well as some small tables used mainly for laptops and breakfast in the morning. The breakfast is basic - scrambled egg, a couple of types of pastry, and plenty of coffee. It's better than nothing but it's not amazing. There's also a fridge with free bottles of cold water available - you can help yourself 24x7 as a club member. During happy hour there's normally a guy in the lounge who also has access to other drinks and soft drinks, just say hi and ask for what he's got.

I tried the food in the bar one night, plenty of TV's with various sports on all the time. I tried the fish and chips though, and was disappointed with the quality of fish (pretty tough) and extreme saltiness of the fries. I didn't eat there again and nor would I in future.

It's also not right in the "middle" of where everything is happening in Bellevue which is a bit further west. However a 10min or so walk will take you right over ot Bellevue Square. Or you can cheat, and get the free shuttle. They have two MPVs that they use to ship oyu around. You don't have to book (although if someone's being taken/picked up from somewhere you may have a 10min wait) - just tell reception where you want to go and one of the guys will drive you up there. Note they often don't use the second of the 2 cars, it's for emergencies or extremely busy times only. Evan did most of my driving whilst I was out there, and he was cool with knowledge of places to try for food and drinks on a variety of budgets and tastes - top guy.

Don't be afraid to walk - although parts of it are hilly it's good for you!

They have a small workout gym available too for all guests - it's got a couple of treadmills, a couple of cycles, and a couple of weight frames. Again not amazing but if oyu're away for any amount of time - there's enough here to keep you going for small work outs whilst you're away. You can get headphones (if you forget your own) for free down the back of the gym, look for the towels, and they keep spare in-ear jobs there if you need.

Despite being labelled a 3.5* hotel, I suspect a combo of service and the shuttle gives it the extra half point edge. I could not fault the service, and I loved the helpful staff. Otherwise, the hotel itself is pretty average and it fits the 3* billing. I would stay again for a short period of time (no more than 1 week), otherwise for anything longer I'd try somewhere else (and see if I could get my company to swing for a 4* room somewhere)

Room Tip: Upgrade to club for the benefits offered. Avoid rooms in rang *15-*18 and if in club, avoid 622/623...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Chris B
Brian L, General Manager at Sheraton Bellevue, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and for staying with us. I'm glad you have found our staff to be a most positive highlight during your stay. Also, we have taken careful note of your observations and suggestions regarding the physical plant, and our engineering department will do their best to address whatever we can as quickly as we can.
Washington, DC
Reviewed April 21, 2013

The staff at the Sheraton Bellevue makes up for the very old hotel they have to serve. They were cheerful and didn't even bat an eye when I requested to change rooms. A+ crew.

The rooms, on the other hand, could do with being brought into this century. They seem tight and cluttered- maybe it was just the room type they gave me. (I was in a room at the end of the hallway.) Despite the room being cramped it was clean!

The only really annoying thing is the wifi service. It constantly cuts out and there's no option for ethernet connection so you're stuck with this wifi signal that's constantly in flux. (Just during writing this review the connection has been lost 7 times - and it's happening on all of my wireless devices).

I'm not sure what other options exist in Bellevue (my first time staying here) - not sure if I'd come back but the customer service does go a LONG way.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Brian L, General Manager at Sheraton Bellevue, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
We apologize for the inconvenience. We have replaced a failing access point near your room and this has solved the problem. In addition, we are upgrading to a much larger 50 MBPS circuit next week in order to position our customers with good internet well into the future. The install will be completed on 4/24/2013, with the "turn-up" to 50 MBPS occurring shortly after that.

On a side note, thank you for the kind words of customer service...I hope our new WiFi upgrade can help earn back your confidence.
Aptos, California
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We stayed two nights in Bellevue, WA at the Sheraton, Friday and Saturday. The rooms are older, but nice with comfortable beds. The staff is VERY NICE, and they were able to help with most of the questions we had.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney
Reviewed April 11, 2013

This was my first stay at the Sheraton Bellevue. I arrived and checked in earlier than the prescribed time, and the staff did a great job accommodating me with a room after a long sequence of flights from Australia.
Unfortunately the room I was allocated - 301 - was quite a bit smaller than other rooms, and while well-appointed, I had little room once my suitcases were in. It made tasks like ironing a bit of challenge.
The bed was extremely comfortable and sleep quality was excellent, but you do have to turn the A/C off as it is very noisy.
Food options are pretty good from the Bellevue Grill and the Azteca Mexican restaurant next door - do give both a try.
The free shuttle service was also a huge help in getting around Bellevue quickly and the staff were always quick and helpful at responding to any requests. Thanks for having me and I look forward to staying here again.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms ending with '01' - they're right near the elevator areas and are quite a bit...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Brian L, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Bellevue, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thanks for the feedback. Yes, We apologize for the 01 rooms...they are a bit smaller than the rest due to the construction of the building...perhaps we can combine the adjoining room and turn it into a suite next time you visit....

By the way...Congrats to Adam Scott and Australia! What a great Masters!!