“this is the best place to stay EVER” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Bellevue

Hotel Bellevue
Ranked #14 of 28 Hotels in Bellevue
Long Beach CA
“this is the best place to stay EVER”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2010

We had a wonderful 3 night stay! I can't imagine a better place! Every time we exited or entered someone or several staff members would greet us! I know there were many othet guests, however the stafe made us feel as though it was just us! I especially would like to Thank Mr. Matt Robinson, He is excellent at his job. I myself am in a customer service, so I have a pretty high expectaton, he not only met that but well exceeded it. KUDOS to ALL

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank rockinredjeep
StayHB, General Manager at Hotel Bellevue, responded to this review, August 25, 2010
Dear rockinredjeep,
Thank you for your generous comments about your recent stay. Our team members take great pride in offering genuine, caring service to every visitor and I am grateful to you for taking the time to acknowledge their efforts.
Thank you also for your kind remarks about our Front Office Manager, Matt. Needless to say, we feel fortunate to have him in our midst.
I hope we can welcome you back to the Hotel Bellevue on your next visit to the region. Thank you again!
Sincerely, Brian Flaherty

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Hickory NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2010

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The room was large and very comfortable. Loved the cozy bed and sheets. Great bathroom roomy with everything you need.
Front desk staff very nice and friendly. I never saw a maid but room was always clean.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Candy1188
StayHB, General Manager at Hotel Bellevue, responded to this review, September 7, 2010
Dear Candy1188,
Thank you for your thoughtful remarks about our large guest rooms and baths, our cozy beds and our Front Desk team. I am delighted you were so pleased; I hope we can be your destination of choice on future visits to the Pacific Northwest. In the interim we'll keep upgrading and evolving our amenities and services in hopes we can continue to earn your business. Thank you again!
Sincerely, Brian Flaherty
Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2010

The good: Friendly front desk staff person, full access to a great athletic club, nicely furnished.

The less than good: There was a tray of dirty dishes outside my room when I arrived at 5:30 PM. Given the lay-out of the hall, the closest door to mine was10 feet away. How long had the tray been there?

The truly sub-optimal: It turns out I was assigned a room next to a large suite. At 5:30 PM there was already a large group of people in the suite making a lot of noise. I called the front desk to request a new room and was informed there were no other rooms available.

I called again at 9 PM to complain about the noise level in the suite, which had risen to frat party levels, and was informed again there were no other rooms. I was also told I should keep the front desk "informed" about the noise level, and that guests are expected to quiet down by 10:30 or 11 PM. Should I be honored or outraged at being asked to serve as the eyes and ears of the hotel staff? At this point I knew I had made a big mistake by not leaving at 5:30 when I first realized what was going on next door.

I made another call to the front desk at 11 PM and asked to speak to the manager on duty. I was transferred directly to...a voice mail box. I called back to let the front desk clerk know I had been transferred to voice mail--and he said he knew that. Ok. I asked him to please tell the manager on duty for me that the noise in the suite continued to be so loud that at times it drowned out the dialogue from the movie I was watching. I also mentioned it felt like I had rented a room in a fraternity house. He said he would relay the message.

Sub-plot: Along the way I ordered the "cookies and chocolate ice cream" dessert from room service. Room service called back to say they only had vanilla ice cream, which was ok with me. It arrived 40 minutes later, in a plain bowl, covered in ordinary kitchen plastic wrap, missing the cookies. The room service guy gave it to me and said, "Better eat it fast, it's melting."

Long story short: The Hotel Bellevue appears to be a "good time" hotel that is long on nice furnishings and decor and short on the things that create a quiet, dignified, high service atmosphere for its guests.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank Dover14
StayHB, General Manager at Hotel Bellevue, responded to this review, August 6, 2010
Dear Dover 14,
Thank you so much for your kind comments about our friendly people and our facility, amenities and ambiance. Thank you also for your constructive feedback regarding your unfortunate late night experience with other guests and your Room Service order. Finally, thank you for taking the time to speak with us personally about your visit. I assure you your experience is not the standard to which we aspire and we have seized this opportunity to refine our training in these areas. We look forward to your next visit when we will better demonstrate why so many consider us the best luxury destination in Bellevue.
Thank you again! Sincerely, Brian Flaherty General Manager
Northampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2010

Loved the western american style decor. Room was a good size and bathroom had excellent facilities - massive bath and separate shower. Room service menu is limited especially after 11pm and breakfast orders while freshly cooked were slow to arrive despite restaurant not being very busy. Receptionist and bell staff were polite but unfriendly and i was ignored as i arrived (maybe as it was post midnight). The bed was comfy and I had a good nights sleep

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Dear NHampton Traveller,
Thank you for your kind comments about our ambiance and style and our expansive and well-appointed guest rooms. Thank you also for your helpful feedback regarding our overnight Room Service selections as well as your impressions of our late-night team members. We have re-drafted our overnight menu since your visit and re-energized our collective aspiration to be the friendliest hotel in Bellevue. Our people are proud to share their genuine, caring spirit with our guests and we are confident your next experience will exceed your expectations. Thank you again! Yours sincerely, Brian Flaherty General Manager
Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2010

I stayed at the Bellevue Club Hotel for almost a week, and I have to say it's a great hotel A bit off the beaten track but very nice, quiet and with a nice ambient atmosphere. And then it's part of one of the biggest athletic clubs I've personally ever been to, which adds a lot of nice flavour to any stay.

The service is nice, and the restaurants cater well to your needs. The Polaris restaurant is very good, but even in the bar they have a very decent menu if you just want to grab something quick. Splash is more for the quick meal but nice nevertheless.

The only qualm I have is that if you need a taxi to go anywhere it takes forever to get one - count on ordering an hour in advance.

I would definately consider going back here sometime in the future.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Dear vadnu,
Thank you for your generous comments about our service, our garden ambiance, our extensive athletic facilities and our food and beverage programs. I wanted to inform you that, since your visit, we have expanded our Town Car Service offerings. We can now transport our guests anywhere in the immediate area in our own magnicient Mercedes.

We hope you will return to Hotel Bellevue on your next visit to the area!

Sincerely yours, Brian Flaherty General Manager
british columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2010

My daughter and I stayed for one night, we arrived Easter Sunday at around 3:30 pm and were greeted with a lukewarm hello. Once we arrived in our room it went south from there, the beds are really small, sheets are scratchy and the beadspread had stains, Like the previous review, the TV is small and has no guide, so we continually had to refer to the guide and google to figure out which network our shows were on. The bathrooms are new, but the rooms are old and dated, for the price stay at the Westin.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Dear bellapug10,
Thank you for your comments regarding your visit earlier this year. I wanted to inform you that we have recently refreshed our guest rooms including new furniture, linens and amenities. Also, we anticipate more upgrades in the coming months as we continue our efforts to offer the best luxury hotel experience in Bellevue.

On behalf of all of us at Hotel Bellevue, thank you again for your helpful feedback.

Sincerely, Brian Flaherty General Manager
Seattle
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2009

The staff were rude and incompetent and we will never return. We stayed here because we had the winning bid for the Bellevue Club at a fund raiser. We had to wait at the check in desk until someone finally arrived to check us in. They took our certificate which showed that our package included massages and a $75.00 credit for food. Instead of setting up our account correctly we had to fight to get charges removed which were covered by out certificate. At the massage, I explained that I an battling stage 4 cancer and the therapist told me I shouldn't listen to the doctors and I could get better if I did the "right things."
We got room service twice and they illegally put extra charges on the bill - a 20% service fee that was not on the menu and was not on the bill that we signed. So, we gave the waitperson a nice tip not knowing they were already getting a built in tip. When we asked about this of course there was no one working the who could help us and they said they would follow up with us on the next Monday. Of course we never heard from them. There are so many better choices in the area that staying here was just frustrating.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
5 Thank keithvanm
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bellevue
Hyatt Regency Bellevue
Hilton Bellevue
Hilton Bellevue
#8 of 28 in Bellevue
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,025 reviews

Been to Hotel Bellevue? Share your experiences!