“Don't go here!”
Review of Hotel Bellevue

Hotel Bellevue
Ranked #14 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
Reviewed December 15, 2009

The staff were rude and incompetent and we will never return. We stayed here because we had the winning bid for the Bellevue Club at a fund raiser. We had to wait at the check in desk until someone finally arrived to check us in. They took our certificate which showed that our package included massages and a $75.00 credit for food. Instead of setting up our account correctly we had to fight to get charges removed which were covered by out certificate. At the massage, I explained that I an battling stage 4 cancer and the therapist told me I shouldn't listen to the doctors and I could get better if I did the "right things."
We got room service twice and they illegally put extra charges on the bill - a 20% service fee that was not on the menu and was not on the bill that we signed. So, we gave the waitperson a nice tip not knowing they were already getting a built in tip. When we asked about this of course there was no one working the who could help us and they said they would follow up with us on the next Monday. Of course we never heard from them. There are so many better choices in the area that staying here was just frustrating.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
5  Thank keithvanm

Reviewed November 19, 2009

I'm not sure how this hotel is so highly rated. Maybe we stayed on a bad weekend?? Here's what I found wrong with this place (in chronological order):
1) Valet - very incompetent. When I pulled up to the turn-around, the valet asked if we'd like to self-park, we asked if there's a charge for valet. He said 'yes' so we decided we would do the honors ourselves. After a long pause, the valet decided to add that "the charge is the same either way". Really? Really?

2) The Room - The TV doesn't not get good reception....every channel was completely fuzzy/snowy. It really didn't matter because the TV is positions at a 90 degree angle from the bed. Not optimal. The ottoman had a stain on it (it looked like it was atleast 20 years old). The bed wasn't very comfortable and the heater was LOUD.

3) Room Service - We checked in late...around 10PM so we decided to get a little snack. We opted for the 'cookies & milk'. When calling room service, the woman indicated the cookes were large and warm. We ordered the Chocolate Chip cookies. They called back 5 mins. later to let us know they no longer had choc. chip, so we opted for the oatmeal raisin. The cookies were medium size and hard (not warm and soft).

4) Amenities - We called for slippers in our room. Don't 4 star hotels have slippers for their guests? This one didn't. After waiting 30 mins and no slippers, we called the Front Desk again..and they indicated they can't find slippers and they were looking on all floors (and the adjoining gym). They said they'd contiue to look until they found us slippers....we never heard from them again regarding the request. Also, there's no coffee maker in the room and the "cafe" was in the dungeon-like room that was more like a pantry inside a business park office building. We decided to go to Starbucks down the street instead.

5) The Concierge - They didn't know much about the popular Mediterranean Kitchen restaurant that's about a mile away in downtown Bellevue. I know it's popular because we waited atleast 20 mins. for a table (for 2). They finally found the restaurant and called to make a reservation for us....atleast they claim. They called our room to let us know the place doesn't take reservations. So we head to the restaurant a bit later and low and behold....the place takes reservations.

6) The Valet (again) - I had to wait outside in the cold for atleast 3-4 mins. to locate a valet person to actually take my ticket. Where was everyone?

The only good features of the hotel is that the hotel offered free Wall Street Journals and the bathrooms were of decent quality.

For the money - don't stay here. This hotel could've potentially ruined my weekend in a beautiful city (greater Seattle). Luckily our next night was at a hotel in downtown Seattle that was great!!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Ajay P
Reviewed November 16, 2009

My husband decided to take us down to Bellevue for a weekend getaway for our tenth wedding anniversary and he booked our stay at Bellevue club hotel.
When you arrive valet parking is offered for your convenience and they check you in quickly. There's a key for the mini-bar in case you want to eat some snacks in the middle of the night and there's a price listing that goes with it.

Overall the room is good size with one king size bed and a french door that opens to a private patio. The bathroom have a soaking tub and a separate shower so everyone have a choice. There's two robes inside each suite in case you want to go for a swim the hubby said his impression of the swimming facility is first class. He said there's an area where you sit down after your swim and an attendant will serve you coffee or juice.
I didn't go to the pool because i don't know how to swim and don't want to embarass myself.

The second day there, we went to Tiger Mountain for our one hour horseback riding which cost $40 per person per hour or $60 per person per three hour but that was fully booked on the day we were there. I enjoyed it more than the hubby, the trail was eally fun it's worth the money. The horses are well trained they know where to go and plus there's one tour guide for our group of four people.

when we got back to the hotel we were really cold, we found out the heat was not working and told the front desk and they tried to see if they can fix it on site but that didn't happen while we were there....after we got back from dinner they fix the problem.
that was the only inconvenience we had at this hotel otherwise it's great in other areas.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jwong2010
Reviewed November 12, 2009

Cozy, non chain place that you can stay for business. Great staff, rooms that are not cookie cutter, good food/restaurants. Overall, about as relaxing of a place that I've stayed for business, and one that I'd be very happy to stay at for a vacation.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed November 4, 2009

In 20 yrs of travel with work, this hotel sticks in my mind as one of the best. It starts with 10+ bedding, which for me is THE most important thing in a hotel. The staff were bright, young, beautiful, intelligent & attentive. I really fealt spoiled and pampered every time I stayed at the Bellevue Club.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled on business
Reviewed September 21, 2009

I stay here whenever I'm working in Bellevue; it's an efficient hotel, about 6 blocks from the centre of town, so it's always quiet (not that Bellevue is a metropolitan centre of noise and activity in the evening). Rooms are a good size, although the view from the window of the freeway down in the valley isn't the greatest. Bathroom and shower are good, plus there's a inspirational thought for the day left on your pillow every afternoon.
Apparently the sports facilities here are very good - unfortunately I'm in the office every day and out till late at night, so I never get to sample them. One minor annoyance / feature is the motion-activated light as you walk into your room - you may enjoy not having to use a switch, or you may be annoyed that it blinks on whenever you walk to one side of the room.
Breakfast is good - great fried eggs and omelettes, although the hash browns are really stodgy enough; thinly thatched strips of potato rather than a proper lump to fill your stomach with for the day. I've always found the staff here friendly and helpful.

Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed September 7, 2009

The room was not huge but has very nice decor. The facilities are excellent though, two pools, indoor tennis courts, squash courts and more.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family