“October 2013 stay”
Review of Hotel Bellevue

Hotel Bellevue
Ranked #14 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights and really liked the hotel. The room was very elegant with a fireplace and beautiful sheets and furniture .the gym was outstanding. .the concierge Sue helped us a few times and did a great job giving us directions to Seattle and other,

There was also continental breakfast downstairs .Newspapers(local,NYT,WSJ)-available at the front desk as well as fresh fruit.
Valet parking available as well as self park.
I would definitely stay again.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank westcoastdec29

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stayed here over a weekend for a funeral and booked three rooms, which the staff greatly accommodated our desire to be close together. The hotel was full I think because of football games, but they handled the crowd well and without notice. They are excellent rooms, beds are great and the room amenities very nice, the service is friendly and on top of things. They always addressed us with a hello and smile. The continental breakfast was better than you get anywhere. The added bonus is the use of the facilities at the club including the restaurants. The location in Bellevue is a little ways from downtown and buried in an office park, but they will drop you off downtown. It is convenient though to the access to a major freeway which leads everywhere in the Bellevue/Redmond/Seattle area.

Room Tip: From the three we had they were all nice.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Among the best hotels I've ever stayed in. Accommodations were exceptional and service was great. The room was clean, classy, and the shower was absolutely huge. The hotel also had a number of fantastic sports facilities.

What really got me and my girlfriend was the personal BMW service. The hotel will drive you to most central Bellevue locations for free, and will pick you up as well upon being called.

This hotel is and the surrounding area is great for a weekend trip.

If you can afford to splurge, Hotel Bellevue is an incredible hotel that will likely meet all your needs. My only gripe is it's a little far away from the central shopping and eating areas, but that' probably why they offer the BMW service.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We have had a great experience with the Hotel Bellevue - after many years staying at the Hyatt Regency and after a couple of dirty rooms over there we decided to try something new. On our first stay the staff was welcoming, room was clean, and the service was great. A week later we were back after an awful travel day coming back from Hawaii that included a 12 hr flight delay, we were scheduled to check in at the Hotel Bellevue at 7:00pm but since we were still stuck in Kona it was obvious that would not be happening. I called expecting to have to pay for the room since we were already past the time restrictions to cancel without penalty but they offered to change our reservation date to the following day and allow us to check in at 9:00am, unexpected and great customer service! The gentleman I spoke to was understanding and willing to do what it took to make this part of our terrible travel day EASY (much appreciated). At around 9:00am we finally arrived, exhausted. We were welcomed by the young lady at the front desk with a smile and a room upgrade to an amazing suite for our travel troubles that were no fault of their's. Valet / room service was great. THANK YOU! We look forward to staying with you in the future and will advise our friends to do the same. This is coming from a customer that rarely takes the time to write a review. : )

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Amanda2995
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I come to Bellevue for work quite regularly and try to stay at the Hotel Bellevue most of time - it's convenient for my office, has a great health club, the rooms are comfortable and the service is pretty good most of the time.

One of the biggest assets are the staff in the Cosmos lounge - they really set the standard for service in the hotel and for me, make up for sometimes average service in other parts of the hotel (service at the front desk this time was pretty abrupt and much less welcoming than on my previous stays for some reason).

Food in the hotel is always good - typically I eat in the Lounge - and the breakfast they serve in the mornings is really good too.

I had a massage in the spa once this week and it was ok - I think my therapist might have been a bit tired by the end of the day which is perhaps understandable!

Overall a good stay and I will definitely return when I am next in Bellevue.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jules_London1
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

I have just checked out of the Hotel Bellevue. And I am NOT a happy camper. Let me explain.

I am a frequent business traveler and, in the last year alone, haves logged over 320,000 air miles. I exclusively stay at four and five star properties.

From the moment I pulled up to the hotel, the experience was outstanding. The valet service, the check in, the wait staff at the Polaris. All excellent. Rooms are beautiful and spacious. Amenities perfect (although a coffee maker in the room would be the icing on the cake). Complimentary breakfast and the lounge in which to enjoy it were also perfect.

So what is my complaint? Upon check out at 6:20 am, I came up to the hotel desk and indicated that I had only valet ed my car the first night and had parked it in the visitor lot the next two nights. The gentleman at the desk informed me that, regardless of whether a guest uses the valet service or parks their own car, the daily charge is the same. I said that, if I had never valeted and had just parked it myself from the get go, they would never have known I even had a car. There is NO signage that indicates that the lot is a paid lot for guests of the hotel. The gentleman informed me that he was just opening the register and could not adjust my bill "this time" and to follow him to the Club desk. Upon reaching the club desk, he informed the gentleman manning the desk that my bill should be adjusted. I greeted both the man and woman next to him at the desk with a cheery, "Good morning", but neither one responded. The gentleman only adjusted my bill and handed it to me, without a word. I asked for an envelope, and he went in back to get one, then just handed it to me and said nothing else. Not "Thank you for staying with us." Not "We hope you enjoyed your stay". Not "We hope to see you again soon". NOTHING. Nothing from the woman either.

As an owner of three companies and a frequent traveler, I anticipate, and expect, excellent customer service. That is why I stay at premium properties when I travel. This hotel was highly recommended to me and all was well, until my check out. Could it be that all the employees that I interacted with during my three days stay provided excellent service because they were in their 20's and 30's and untainted by customer complaints? The two at the Club check out desk this morning were clearly middle
aged (I'm guessing in their 50's or 60's) and not pleasant at all.

I hope to return in the future but warn guests to park their own cars in the co venue t adjacent lot and NOT check in with the valet upon arrival.

Other than the checkout experience, I'm thoroughly satisfied with my hotel experience and stay.

• Stayed: September 2013
4  Thank OlyaJ
Jerry S, Manager at Hotel Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2013

Good afternoon, thank you for taking the time to share your experience from your visit this week. Your feedback is a valuable tool for us in our ongoing efforts to achieve our goal of meeting and exceeding each of our guest's expectations. Based upon your comments, we obviously failed to meet this goal and ask you to accept our sincere apology.

We have already scheduled a retraining session with not only the individuals you encountered upon check out, but each and every one of our guest services team to insure we clearly communicate the fees we charge for both self parking and valet services. Most important will be the discussion of how to properly communicate our appreciation to each and every guest for choosing to stay with us.

We understand you can choose from a wide array of wonderful hotels in the Bellevue area and hope you will allow us to redeem ourselves in the event your travels bring you back sometime soon. Please feel free to contact me personally in the event I can assist with future arrangements.

Jerry Stotler
Hotel Manager
Jerrys@thehotelbellevue.com

Reviewed September 7, 2013

It was a beautiful hotel, we drive in, there's an awesome entrance. Service was quick when we checked in. The gym downstairs is better than MOST gyms, it's a massive gym. The hotel rooms were a comfortable size, very neat and tidy. The price is pretty good considering how much there is in just the hotel alone. I hated to leave when the trip was over because there's just so much to do in the hotel alone and it was such a comfortable stay. Very friendly staff too. Would return here again if even near the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank WilsonLin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bellevue
Hyatt Regency Bellevue
#9 of 103 in Seattle
Inn at the Market
Inn at the Market
#1 of 103 in Seattle

Been to Hotel Bellevue? Share your experiences!