“Fairytale Honeymoon”
Review of Hotel Bellevue

Hotel Bellevue
Ranked #13 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
Reviewed May 14, 2008

Unbelievable! We stayed here for our honeymoon. Since it wasn't booked for the night, they upgraded us to the Presidential Suite which was beyond anything I could have hoped for. The bathroom had a huge whirlpool and shower for two, the living area was beyond spacious, there were two plasma tv's, two bathrooms, a fireplace, balconies, I could not have imagined a better place.

But it wasn't even that. Everyone was so nice. Granted, my husband gave the valets a good tip in the beginning, which is always advisable. But that was after they brought in ALL our presents and the flowers and luggage we had in the car with nothing but courteousness. And the whole time we were there, we felt like royalty.

It was such a change from the service received at the place we went to next, Salish Lodge, where the service was less than great.

We'll definitely return, regardless of if we have a regular room or not, just because of the atmosphere. Also, the regular rooms are still one third the size of the best suite anyway, which is huge.

Turndown with chocolates was an added bonus, as was the quality of the food! Definitely a honeymoon i will never forget.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hotel Bellevue

Reviewed May 2, 2008

We were looking for a hotel which would be close to Seattle but a little bit out of the way, in order to hopefully avoid some traffic congestion. So, I got online and began my search.

I found the Bellevue Club hotel through this website, read the reviews and then checked the prices. Expedia quoted me lower prices than the hotel website had stated, so I called them and asked if they would honor the quoted prices from Expedia. They said they would. Just doing this saved us about $75 per night (we stayed two nights)!!

This hotel was very well maintained, and you can tell some extra care was taken in the design. There were so many extra small touches I noticed while I was there. Really interesting and unique artwork, beautiful furniture, draperies, and bedding.

My experience with the hotel staff was top notch. They were pleasant, said hello and smiled every time they saw you. One special note - on the first evening, I thought I might need an extra blanket, so I asked someone at the front desk if it would be possible to get one. They said "sure, what kind of blanket would you like?" and asked if I wanted a light, or heavy blanket. Within 5 minutes of me arriving to my room, that same person delivered the blanket to me. FAST!!

The hotel has a full health club. I did not use it but my husband did. He said it was fantastic. Usage of the full health club is no charge for hotel guests. (look at their official website for more details about the health club, there are too many to mention here, no kidding!)

The inside of our room itself:
The bed (1 queen) was comfortable, no complaints! Beautiful bedding as I said earlier.

The TV is an LCD, approx 27 inches, and has many channels to choose from as well as pay movies and games. There was a mini bar, and snack basket (will be added to your bill if you eat).

There was a comfortable chair/ottoman with a reading lamp provided along with local magazines, showing activities and sights of the area. Free high-speed internet in room (desk and chair provided as well).

The bathroom was sooo fantastic. The soaps provided were wonderful. The bath was a deep soaker tub which I used a few times! and the shower was separate.

Restaurant: great breakfasts! food was excellent, service was excellent, and the artwork and scenery was amazing. wow.

Nearby (about 5-10 mins drive) is a large shopping area with plenty of stores, you will find anything you could want or need there.

In summary: You will definitely love the experience of this hotel, if you are a business traveller or if it is just a romantic weekend. I would most definitely stay here again, if I am in the area.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Angiecat33
Reviewed February 2, 2008

I stayed three nights at the Bellevue Club at the end of July. It was a beautiful place to stay and much more comfortable and quiet than the other hotels my peers were staying at, but it was unable to come through or offer amends for service issues.

One of the services offered was a car service to the convention center. Despite my attempts to reserve this car in the morning for the 3 minutes trip, I had to call every morning and ended up taking a cab a couple of mornings because the "driver" was too busy. I found hair in my bathtub and when I called to complain the front desk said that the customer service manager was not in. I also noticed that several of the persons on my floor did not receive their breakfast on time and heard the delivery person try to excuse this lack of timeliness by the fact that there was flood of orders while I was leaving for the day. The fact that the excuse throughout the week was that they were "flooded with orders" or "very busy" was unacceptable in my book. Inadequate staffing should not be born by the guests. Furthermore, nothing was offered to make up for problems that were their fault.

Hopefully better management with an emphasis on customer service and adequate staffing has turned this place around because it has wonderful potential.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank Sophia55
Reviewed September 26, 2007

We may have never stayed at a finer place. Everything was right. OUr suite was very spacious. We found the architecture and the interior design stunning. Every detail was handled. There was free water to drink. There were dumbbells for exercise in our room. We were given five bath towels. The room was serviced several times each day. There is a connected huge exercise facility that we did not use. The location near downtown Bellevue is great, yet the site is quiet and heavily wooded. We long to go back again to drink in the comfort and excellence.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ettason
Reviewed September 9, 2007

My boyfriend and I stayed here during the first week of August 2007. I told him I wanted to stay somewhere I had never stayed before....something classy, and modern, and most of all CLEAN. I ran across this 4-Star hotel by accident, because it is not listed on most sites.I read the reviews on several sites, and 99.9% were excellent. We arrived and were very impressed with the beautiful courtyard outside, and then the beautiful interior was very peaceful and pleasing to the eye. The room was unbelievable! We were on the second floor....absolutely NO NOISE whatsoever...very quiet. The tiled entry was beautiful, shower and bathroom area were spotless and so neat and inviting. The bath salt was a favorite for me, I looked fwd every evening to a nice hot bath with that wonderful bathsalt. Another favorite was when we came back in the evening, the bedsheets were pulled back for us and they put fresh water and chocolates on the nightstand. The bed was wonderful and clean, and I never slept so good. The staff that kept our room looking beautiful, were absolutely wonderful individuals who went out of their way to make our stay memorable. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank djones9199
Reviewed July 31, 2007

I discovered this property on one of the main travel sites. It didn't come up on most of them, probably since it's a small boutique hotel, so I almost overlooked it. I booked for a 3 night stay over my 22nd wedding anniversary in one of the ground floor rooms with a patio. My husband called ahead and told them it was our anniversary and they upgraded us to the best suite in the house. The bathroom was as big as most bedrooms and included a huge whirlpool and shower for two. The furnishings, décor and bedding were beautiful, comfortable and clean and I don’t believe that is isolated to the best suite. The staff was perfect and helped us with everything we requested. They even arranged to have two flower arrangements delivered and set up in the room before we checked in. Turndown and maid service were excellent. Valet was prompt and courteous. Same of courtesy car transportation. Room service was prompt and the food fantastic. Aside from not having flat screen TV’s in the room, there was nothing I would suggest they change (manager mentioned the TV’s were being upgraded in all rooms to flat screens in the coming weeks so maybe that’s done by now). The location of the hotel isn’t anything special but it’s quiet and once you’re inside, the location doesn’t matter. It’s a luxury hotel that takes care of every need. I highly recommend.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 18, 2007

One of my best hotel stays anywhere. The hotel is very nice but what made it so special was the small "boutique" size, the excellent amenities but mostly the outstanding customer service.
They rates are not so high from time to time, you have to give this hotel a try.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bellevue
Hyatt Regency Bellevue
#10 of 102 in Seattle
Inn at the Market
Inn at the Market
#1 of 102 in Seattle

Been to Hotel Bellevue? Share your experiences!