“Best of the best”

Ranked #14 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
Seattle, Washington
“Best of the best”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We stayed at Hotel Bellevue on our wedding night and the night after. It started us on our journey together and unfortunately set a very very very high bar in terms of expectations from hotels. For our honeymoon we took an impromptu trip through Europe, where we had a chance to stay in all sorts of different hotels. This, in turn, started a series of impromptu trips closer to home, but nowhere so far, close or far, have we found anything else comparable to this hotel.

As I mentioned, we stayed two nights, in two different suites (honeymoon suite and then standard suite). Hotel staff was observant enough to note that we had an alcohol-free wedding because my husband does not drink, and curteous enough to send us a bottle of Apple Cider instead of Champagne for the wedding night (along with chocolate-covered strawberries and cheese and crackers). The bed was beyond comfortable, as was the giant tub. The temperature in the rooms was very cozy and the robes were quite luxurious. The food at the place is to die for (we had them cater our wedding, and we still have people talking about the delicious entrees!). Since we live close by, we haven't really had a need to go back to the hotel, but we are planning on making it there every anniversary in order to enjoy the experience again! Just everything, EVERYTHING about it was great, and in our world travels since then we've found that there is really no place that compares.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
StayHB, General Manager at Hotel Bellevue, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Dear Anastasiya D,
Thank you for your complementary remarks after your wedding visit to Hotel Bellevue. We are honored you selected our Hotel for such an important moment in your lives and we hope that we can welcome you back again soon and often.

Please do not hesitate to call on me personally if I may ever be of service. Thank you again.

Brian Flaherty

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

I cannot even recall how many times we have stayed at his hotel and that alone is a testament to how much we like it.
When we are in other hotels we are constantly comparing it to this hotel.
It is like a Boutique Four Seasons but less expensive and Seattle Casual. We love the hotel, the staff, the facilities and it is beautifully finished and furnished. The main restaurant, Polaris is excellant and the adjacent health club is excellant.
Enjoy this hotel as much as we do.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello JPDBC,
Thank you for your generous remarks after your January visit to Hotel Bellevue. We aspire to consistent excellence and continuous improvement in everything we do and we appreciate your kind acknowledgement of our efforts. Thank you also for highlighting your experience in Polaris Grill; our Restaurant Manager and Chef have been receiving many accolades for their recent work there and they were delighted to learn of your satisfaction.

We hope that we can continue to be your destination of choice for all your visits to the Seattle/Bellevue area. Please do not hesitate to call on me personally if there is anything I can do to assist you during your stays. Thank you again.

Issaquah, Washington
Reviewed January 28, 2013

My family and I returned to Hotel Bellevue for an early New Year's Eve staycation celebration for my husband's 40th birthday. Hotel Bellevue is our favorite hotel in dt Bellevue for a luxurious local getaway. We love its hidden location and upscale amenities, and the feel of a boutique hotel. As always, the staff and service at Hotel Bellevue is outstanding and memorable setting the tone for a pleasant stay. At check-in, a friendly front desk agent surprised and delighted us with two glasses of champagne to kick off our celebration. I appreciate the little and thoughtful touches such as this. Once we settled into our room, a complimentary bottle of wine was delivered to our room from the staff with a handwritten birthday card for my husband which made him feel extra special and remembered on his otherwise 'holiday birthday'. Dinner downstairs was excellent and we appreciated that the restaurant staff catered to family diners as we had our 3-year-old son with us. Overall, we had an excellent stay and look forward to returning to Hotel Bellevue for more weekend getaways and staycations. Thank you to the Hotel Bellevue staff for your white glove service.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear jillivictorio,
Thank you for your kind comments after your January visit to Hotel Bellevue for your husband's 40th. Thank you also for recognizing the extra efforts of our employees to personalize your experience. We are committed to ongoing investment in our facility and our programming and to continuous improvement in everything we do; we will strive to exceed your expectations upon each return visit.

Thank you for your loyalty and thank you again for your thoughtful comments. I hope you will not hesitate to call on me personally if there is anything I can do for you.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I am a confessed and incurable gym rat. If you like to stay at a hotel attached to a well functioning and multifaceted gym with endless classes, then you have arrived at heaven's gate.The rooms are well appointed and the Bellevue club with its six floors and 70 plus classes/week is only a short pleasant walk away. It is a great facility!! The only comparable in North America that I know is the Canyon Ranch in Las Vegas attached to the Venetian.( Please tell me of others.) If however, you want to be close to the throbbing cultural energy of Seattle, this should not be your first choice. You will need a car and 20 minutes when traffic flows; and more time and greater patience when it does not. O.k.; I have let the cat out of the bag, my gem has been discovered, and now I will not find room at the inn.

Room Tip: try for the fireplace or corner room; the hotel has a shuttle to places near.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lloyd B
StayHB, General Manager at Hotel Bellevue, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Ibaron_99,
Thank you for sharing your enthusiastic comments about Hotel Bellevue after your recent visit. I am glad you were able to experience some of our featured amenities and services. As you mentioned, we offer almost 100 different Group Exercise classes every week and we feature over 200,000 sq ft of fitness, wellness and recreational facilities. In short, there is always something new to experience on every visit to Hotel Bellevue.

Thank you also for referencing our complimentary Town Car service. Our 7Series BMW will whisk you to and from any destination in nearby downtown Bellevue in a matter of minutes. Finally, I note you enjoyed one of our Guest Rooms appointed with a fireplace. We also have rooms that feature a full garden patio that many of our return guests will request during the warmer spring and summer months here.

We'd like to be your destination of choice for all your visits to the Seattle-Bellevue area. I hope we can welcome you back again soon and often. Please call on me personally if I may be of service. Thank you again.

So Minnesota
Reviewed January 13, 2013

The Bellevue Club connected to the hotel is awsome, my daughter is college swimmer so she did her laps and enjoyed the work-out rooms. I enjoyed the hot tub and the amazing menthol steam room that was free to guests of the hotel.
We were here for a wedding, the staff was wonderful all accomodating, finding out any information that we needed. The reception and wedding were held here as well. The food and decor was wonderful the only complaint I have is that I asked for coffee with my meal and was told it would be out later I asked a couple of times and the wait staff was not to busy (they milled around our table waiting to clear), I recieved the coffee after the cake, finally, and one cup only. I should have probably went to my room and got coffee it would have been faster.
The rooms were large and the spa bathrooms were definetely a step above, I felt like I was in a suite but this is their standard room. The bar area was packed and alive, and the library is a great place to relax and study or read, (did I mention I was traveling with my college daughter).
I had a massage at the spa,it was wonderful but one complaint would be that I arrived no-one was at the desk in the spa so I went to the central club desk and she called told me they were getting supplies and would be right back, so I went back someone came and then put me in another waiting area where my massage therierpist meet me, by now it was 15 minutes into my session by the time she started so my hour massage was only 40 minutes, I feel they should have done the whole hour, when I mentioned that I didn't get a whole hour she said 'well we started 20 minutes late." I think the front desk should have at least apoligized or communicated to the massage thereripist that they were the ones that were late.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear minniehappyreturns,
Thank you for posting your thoughts after your visit to Hotel Bellevue. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and that you and your daughter were able to experience some of our extensive amenities and services. Thank you also for your kind remarks about our staff; they strive to go above and beyond at every opportunity and they will appreciate reading your thoughtful comments.

Please accept my apologies for the delay in your coffee service at the event and for the confusion surrounding your spa appointment. I am glad that you enjoyed your massage and I hope you will be able to return to experience another. Please contact me personally and allow me to further discuss this situation with you.

We'd like to be your home away from home for all your visits to the Seattle-Bellevue area. I hope we can welcome you and your daughter back again soon and often. Thank you again.

Georgetown, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Second stay here and loving it as much as the first a few years ago. Here on business. Rooms are very nicely setup, but the big thing for me is the best athletic club I've ever been to. Two 25m lap pools satisfy the competitive swimmer in me, huge weight and workout rooms, courts, and basketball gym. Even did a hot yoga class in their studio. Great staff on both the hotel and club sides. Anytime I'm in Redmond I'm staying here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
StayHB, General Manager at Hotel Bellevue, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Dear Peter C,
Thank you for posting your comments after your visit to Hotel Bellevue. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and that you had the opportunity to experience some of our extensive amenities and programs. Thank you also for your flattering remarks about our people; their genuine, caring service is one of the hallmarks of a visit to our Hotel and they were delighted to learn of your satisfaction.

We hope that we can be your home away from home for all your visits to the Seattle/Bellevue area. Please call on me personally if I may ever be of service.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Have stayed here several times on business in Seattle. Very enjoyable hotel, with well appointed rooms. Access to the Bellevue Club comes with the stay, which is great - the bar and restaurant staff are phenomenal, as are the sliders in Polaris Bar! Parking is much cheaper than downtown Seattle hotels, with parking being the same price whether valet or self parked. When I last stayed, there was a $25 credit to be used in the bar/restaurant each night, which was brilliant I thought. Definitely recommended.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
StayHB, General Manager at Hotel Bellevue, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Dear Wandering_Saffa,
Thank you for your generous comments following your recent visit to Hotel Bellevue. Thank you also for your kind remarks about our guest rooms, our Fitness and Wellness facilities, our staff members in Polaris/Cosmos Restaurant, Bar and Lounge and the ever-evolving menu selections there, and our parking options.

We are especially grateful to you for your loyalty; we hope we can continue to be your hotel of choice for all your visits to the Seattle-Bellevue area. Please call on me personally if I may ever be of assistance.

Thank you again for selecting Hotel Bellevue!

Brian Flaherty
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bellevue
Hyatt Regency Bellevue
Seattle Marriott Bellevue
Seattle Marriott Bellevue
#9 of 29 in Bellevue
Four Seasons Hotel Seattle

Been to Hotel Bellevue? Share your experiences!