“Style, Service, and Value in Seattle”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Bellevue

Hotel Bellevue
Ranked #14 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
Katy, Texas
“Style, Service, and Value in Seattle”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

Staff were always at hand to assist from valet on arrival to the room service attendant who remembered I liked iced tea in the morning even though I forgot to order it. The rooms manager Amy was especially helpful from pre-arrival arrangements to accommodating last minute room requests. Desk staff helped create some events for family affair that were simply perfect! Hotel is part of a modern (and very clean) facility with large support staff, access to health club, great food, and beautiful gardens. Given all the features, I was able to spend five days there and still leave with money in my pocket.

Room Tip: Ask for a Club Level on first floor and you will be suprised with a large outdoor private patio to e...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Kenneth W
, General Manager at Hotel Bellevue, responded to this review, July 15, 2012
Dear Kenneth W,
Thank you for your kind comments about Hotel Bellevue. Thank you also for highlighting our extraordinary employees, including Amy Mullen, and their unwavering attention to detail; they will be pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

Rest assured we will continue to invest in our facility and our programs in our relentless pursuit of continuous improvement. We want to be your home away from home for all your visits to the Seattle-Bellevue area. We hope to see you again soon and often.

Brian Flaherty

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Vancouver
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

I was lucky enough to win a one night hotel stay at the fabulous Hotel Bellevue through Twitter. I was very excited as I have never been to Bellevue and the hotel looked amazing.

I stayed there on February 11th, 2012 and I highly recommend it! Everything was gorgeous and the service was amazing. I have stayed at many hotels, and this was one who truly set itself from others with their awesome staff.They impressed me so much I have even hand written a thank you card to them:

" Thank you so much for the wonderful stay on February 1th, 2012. Your hotel absolutely wowed us! We were so impressed with our luxurious room, fantastic amenities, and most importantly the amazing customer service that we have received. We particularly want to thank Steven for organizing our reservation; Jessica, Scott, David (front desk and valet) for making us feel like royalty; Connor (athletics,front desk) for his efforts in finding us a tennis court; and Brian (tennis) for inviting us to the tennis event.

It was our first time to Bellevue and we really enjoyed it! Your hotel was a main part of this memorable mini getaway. Thank you once again, we hope to visit your hotel again soon!"

The only reason why I didn't give it 5 stars(which I totally think it deserves), was because of the tennis reservations. Being an avid tennis player like myself, I was very excited to try the courts out. I called about a month earlier to ask them the process of booking a tennis court, and the staff informed I just call on this day and around this time (it was early morning, don't remember exactly which hour). I proceeded to call them around the hour they have told me to, and they have already booked all the courts for that evening. I was surprised about how quickly the courts were booked and the staff then proceeded to tell me that their regular tennis pros who book the courts actually call in "on the dot" to book the courts for their weekly sessions. it doesn't help that they had a tennis event that evening, which the staff did not tell me when I have already told them which day I was coming in a month before. There were actually courts available, but the tennis pros booked them on the dot. If I knew that I had to call on the dot, I would've called right on time. This important aspect of booking tennis courts was not told to me by their staff.

I had to book the 6am court (which was the only one available). I was frustrated because I don't do early morning tennis. But further, their athletics department has to communicate with reservations if there are certain nights there are events that would inconvenience to the guests who wishes to play tennis. If I knew there was such an event, I actually would have changed my date to coming in to ensure I have a tennis court available at a decent time. Also, the staff needs to warn guests that they would need to call on the dot to book tennis courts. I personally think that this system needs to be changed as it is so stressful for the guest. They should come up with a system where hotel guests to comfortably make tennis court reservations. I do understand that Hotel Bellevue and the club have two different systems so maybe that's all they can do.

However, their tennis pro did make the situation better. They invited us to their tennis event and we had a lot of fun. Again, their customer service did save us from having just an okay experience. I really do appreciate they helped rectify the situation and they did try hard to help me find another court.

We did not try the pool and hot tub out as there were just too many kids all the time. We really did want to try them out, but we prefer a less noisy and more relaxing environment to swim.

The experience with booking did not damper my feelings on Hotel Bellevue, as I would definitely go back in a heart beat. All the staff were just warm and inviting and my bf + I felt like royalty. I'm just more aware now if I do want to book a tennis court!

Room Tip: Make sure you ask them ahead of time the exact time and day you should call in to book a tennis cour...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mandy Candy W
, General Manager at Hotel Bellevue, responded to this review, July 15, 2012
Dear Mandy Candy W,
Thank you for your thoughtful comments after your visit to Hotel Bellevue. Thank you also for taking the time to prepare a hand-written thank you note and for your kind words about so many of our employees. We appreciate your gracious recognition and we are delighted you enjoyed your stay.

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced in booking a tennis court. Tennis is popular in our area and indoor court time is a precious commodity; however, your experience in this regard is certainly not the standard to which we aspire and your feedback will provide us the opportunity to review our protocols. As you may know, we also have outdoor courts which are available during the summer season and which expand available court times dramatically.

In any case, we want to be your home away from home here in the Seattle-Bellevue area. Please contact me personally when you would like to return. Thank you again for selecting Hotel Bellevue. We hope to see you soon and often.

Seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2012

Once we arrived, valet took the car and we checked into a great room. Quick workout on a new exerbike that had computer graphics allowing you to race others 9and a shadow of your previousl ride). Hit happy Hour in the bar for half price munchies, then we were taken to dinner at Purple in the new 700 series BMW (with rear massage seats, really) available to all overnight guests. We were picked up and returned to the hotel in 10 minutes after our call. Enjoyed breakfast in bed the next day. This place is first class nice, no worries, and no need to drive two hours to "get away".

Room Tip: We stayed on the 4th floor overlooking the entry circle.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JohnJ711
Dear JohnJ711,
Thank you for posting your comments after your recent staycation. Thanks also for highlighting the various aspects of your visit which you most enjoyed.

I am glad you noticed our new espresso bikes; Ii thought you might want to know we now have several in each of our cardio studios and they are proving to be quite popular. Rest assured we will continue to invest in new equipment so that we are offering the highest quality workout experience possible for our members and guests.

We want to be your destination of choice for all your Eastside weekend getaways. Please call on me personally if I may be of service, We hope we can welcome you back again soon and often.

Pasadena, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2012

This hotel was absolutely wonderful. We had five rooms booked for a family event and everyone truly enjoyed it, from 8 years old to 75. The affiliated club had something for everyone, and the staff, particularly the manager, Amy, was superb. True, it is not within close walking distance of downtown Bellevue, but unless you yearn to stay at a chain hotel in downtown Seattle this would be my choice. I only regret not finding it years ago.

Room Tip: We loved the lower floor room with the private patio.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Susan G
Dear Susan G,
Thank you for your very kind remarks about your experience at Hotel Bellevue. I am glad that everyone in your family enjoyed themselves. Thank you also for giving such a nice shout out to Amy; she sets a wonderful example for us all and we are poud to have her on our team. Finally, thank you for highlighting our proximity to Seattle (and of course, downtown Bellevue.)

I thought I should make sure that you are aware of our complimentary town car service that can whisk you to and from Bellevue locations in a matter of minutes.

Now that you have found us, I hope we can be your home away from home for all your trips to the Seattle-Bellevue area. Please call on me personally if I may be of service. Amy and I and all our staff hope to welcome you back again soon and often.

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

After initial difficulty finding the entrance-I drove by a few times-pleasantly surprised by how great this hotel was. The staff definitely make the hotel a notch better -extremely courteous and helpful. The room was a good size and well appointed looking over the tennis courts with two extremely comfortable chairs -the bathroom had a separate shower-and soaking tub-added bonus was we didn't need to fight with the shower curtain! The jar of bath salts was a nice touch.
We had a busy weekend planned so didn't use the sports facilities -other than the pool-which are out of this world. Brunch on Sunday was fabulous after a really early soccer game and the girl who served us was hands down the most cheerful person who has ever served me breakfast!
Also used the car service to downtown Bellevue -which has excellent stores but was very quiet-and the driver gave me some excellent dining recommendations. Would definitely visit this hotel again-especially as it has more of a boutiquey feel and not a huge high rise.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank usamacs
Dear usamacs,
Thank you for posting your kind comments about Hotel Bellevue. Thank you also for highlighting our employees in your review and the comfort and residential ambiance of our guest rooms.

Additionally, thank you for your feedback about finding the entrance to our property. I thought I should inform you that we are in the process of changing some of our street signage to enable our first-time visitors to more easily identify us. As you know, our urban retreat is nestled in a garden environment and we recognize the need to improve our visibility in that regard.

We hope we can be your home away from home for all your visits to the Seattle-Bellevue area. Please call on me personally if I may be of service. We hope to see you again soon and often.

Cirencester, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

I am reluctant to say too many good things about this hotel incase they don't have any rooms next time I want to stay. Everything about my 3 night stay was excellent. The staff were helpful, the rooms comfortable and well equipped, the onsite facilities would have been outstanding if I had had the time to use them (I will next time). I didn't need to use the town car but knowing that is available makes the decision to stay a few blocks away from the mall and the downtown area of Bellevue easy. Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Alison W
Dear Allison W,
Thank you for selecting Hotel Bellevue for your visit to our area. Thank you also for posting your kind comments about our expansive Athletic and Wellness facility and our proximity to everything in downtown Bellevue via our complimentary Town Car service. We look forward to welcoming you back so that you can experience all the other wonderful things we have to offer at our urban retreat.

Please call on me personally if I may be of service. We hope you can return again soon and often.

San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012

I recently stayed at Hotel Bellevue for a short business trip. I love this hotel for many reasons: they have outstanding customer service, in a beautiful hotel with an amazing fitness facility complete with many classes including cycling and yoga.

I needed to re-book my intial reservations and Jerry was extremely helpful in assisting us to re-book. Congratulations and a many thanks to the room attendant who cleaned our room on 4/17 in the morning. I left my valuable jewelry on the bathroom counter and when I got back to my room my jewelry was neatly resting in a small dish. I appreciate those things no one can hire for.

The area is quiet, calm and all the pieces required for a great experience are all present.

Room Tip: We chose a Club Room with high ceilings and a patio, very private and quiet.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Dear Pixel2009,
Thank you for your comments about Hotel Bellevue, our Athletic and Wellness facility and our employees. We also appreciate the fact you highlighted our attention to detail.

I thought you might want to know we have recently added a suite of barre classes to our Group Exercise program (which means there are now over 75 different classes per week from which to choose.)

We want to be your home away from home for all your trips to the Seattle-Bellevue area. Please call on me personally if I may be of assistance. We hope to see you again soon and often.

Brian Flaherty
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bellevue
Hyatt Regency Bellevue
Seattle Marriott Bellevue
Seattle Marriott Bellevue
#9 of 29 in Bellevue
Four Seasons Hotel Seattle

Been to Hotel Bellevue? Share your experiences!