“Yummy chow and tons of local atmosphere”

Pat's Little Red Barn
Ranked #10 of 22 Restaurants in Belfair
Seattle, WA
“Yummy chow and tons of local atmosphere”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

My wife and I love local eateries -- we're not big on snooty-tooty places when we travel. So, here you have a bar and restaurant in the basement of an antique shop -- with all the antiques thrown in in for fun. We dropped in for Sunday brunch in a starving state and were well sated with an endless buffet. Everything you could ask from from fruit to biscuits and gravy to sausages and galore and eggs benedict. Locals were nearly all the customers -- I think we were the only tourists -- and they brought their entire extended families to chow down. Think: hungry teenage boys. It's not going to get written up in Sunset but it's a find.

• Visited August 2013

Longview, Washington
“Eat at your own risk”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Was there with my underage granddaughter & told to wait in the bar, told them I couldn't go in there because of my granddaughter and got the feeling I had inconvenienced them. They put our take out order in a Wal-Mart bag and charged me extra for a take out order. The restraint area is cluttered with all kinds of "stuff" (It seemed like they didn't have enough room in the kitchen for pots & pans) and the bar area is your typical local dive tavern. If you want below average food, treated like scum and pay extra to have your food put in a box & Wal-Mart bag this place is for you.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank Betty J
Bremerton, Washington
“Ribs and Rustic at Pat's Little Red Barn”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

It's really an old red barn - not a brand-new fancy place made to look like a barn. If you like rustic architecture and antiques and want to get out of town, this is an interesting and kitschy place to try.

On Friday nights there are all-you-can-eat ribs for $16.99. What you get is a plate piled high with big meaty beef ribs, a serving of pretty good cole-slaw, and corn bread. On our second rib visit, they'd run out of cornbread by 6:30 and offered thick slices of homemade bread instead (good trade!).

It took two meals to eat all those ribs, so meaty were they. However, I prefer a more smokey tasting sauce.

At 7 pm music started in the bar featuring 4 guitar players and a lady who sang. It was "ok".

On previous visits I've tried fish and chips, chowder, burgers, and chicken fried steak. I felt they were overpriced and unremarkable except for that delicious homemade bread. The service is - well - don't check your watch, and it is often cold in there.

Bottom line: The ribs are filling, it's nice to hear the musicians, it's fun to look around, but that's about it.

• Visited April 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Overprice food”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Little outa the way . we pulled in about 5pm a friday with no cars in front . No a.c. Felt like 105 and for a plain burger 14 bucks ouch

1 Thank george98418
Astoria, Oregon
“Excellent Band on Friday night!”
Reviewed May 16, 2012

We ate there friday night on our weekend trip. The band was EXCELLENT, really enjoyed listening to them. The service was somewhat slow (and they ran out of several items after we had ordered...it was obviously a busy night for them) but the food was good when we got it & portions large...and of course the music was great..it's worth mentioning twice :)

Visited May 2012