“Breakfast time is NOT for the early riser!”
Review of Selah Inn

Selah Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Belfair
Selah Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Belfair B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We had the king suite for a little get-away. While the room itself was very nice, the view left a lot to be desired. There was an old cabin, a couple of boats on trailers, and another beach house before a tiny sliver of view of Hood Canal. Also, if you are an early riser, beware that breakfast is not served until 9:00 am. In the welcome letter we received upon arrival, it stated that coffee would be available by 8:15 am. I never saw a coffee service until just before breakfast was served. This late breakfast was especially hard on my husband who has morning medications to take with food.

• Stayed: July 2013

Reviewed June 30, 2013

I spent about 2 1/2 months at the little 2 bedroom house after I had a house fire in December 2012 & again in April & May 2013 after a nightmare of a stay at the Belfair Motel. I needed a quiet, clean, smoke free place to stay along with my small 9# dog. I had remembered seeing the sign for the inn & called them to find out about cost & if they accepted dogs. I was told about the 2 bedroom cottage & made arrangements to stay there. The house was clean, bed was excellent and it came with everything without having to go out & buy anything other than the food that you would need. There was even a washer & dryer so I did not have to go to do laundry. The house was not fancy & new as the higher priced house the inn rents right on the beach right next door, but I had a view of the sound, could get to the beach with no problem and all the comforts of home. I only had one problem all the time that I stayed there & I brought it to the owners attention & they took care of right away. They were also very helpful if I needed to use the phone & were more then helpful if I need to change my more in date & move out date. The price of the 2 bedroom house cost less than the Belfair Motel & I was not charged extra for my dog. If you want a place to stay in Belfair, that does not cost a lot but is clean, quiet and a view of the sound stay at this little house. If you want a fancy house with all the bells & whistles and right on the sound and have unlimited funds then stay right next door at the newer house. Either way you will not be disappointed with the Selah Inn and the owners.

Room Tip: The two houses are clean & quiet, great for a family, group or quiet intimate getaway.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Betty J
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We live in belfair, and we still like a nightout. We have stayed a few times now. I love the food, and the owners are wonderful people. We did have to bring a cable to hook up the dvd in our room but we like it there so much.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed July 11, 2012

My wife and I have friends who live on Hood Canal. We've driven by the turnoff for the Selah Inn several times and never noticed it. In the past, we've stayed at Alderbrook Resort, which is very nice, but it's about a 45-minute drive from our friend's house. This year, our friends mentioned the Selah Inn and we decided to give it a try.

The inn is located near the end of a short, narrow road about 100 yards from the canal. The building is beautiful inside and out. There are some very nice pictures of the inn, on the inn's website. We stayed in the Renaissance Room, which is the second largest of the four guest rooms. The room was nicely furnished and clean, and the queen bed was very comfortable.
The bathroom was clean and modern, but a little tight for two people.

The breakfast room is small, with only two tables, but each table seats four people. There are large windows on three sides and nice music playing to accompany the meal. We stayed for three nights and the breakfasts were very good all three mornings. Breakfast was served between 9:00 and 9:30. Bonnie, the host and chef, is very friendly and cheerful.

Overall, our stay at the Selah Inn was very good. However, there were three things that prevent us from giving the inn a higher rating. First, there is no daily maid service. The guest rooms are cleaned only after guests check out. We were not told this, and were shocked on returning to our room at night to find the bed unmade and the bathroom untouched. We've only encountered something like this once before and that was in France. At that hotel, we were given the option of paying extra, if we wanted daily maid service. We think the Selah Inn should consider this option, or at least let guests know up front that their room will not be cleaned during their stay. Second, there was no window covering on our bathroom window. We had a clear view into a neighbor's backyard. Although we were on the second floor, and perhaps only our heads were on display, it was still somewhat disconcerting to see that anyone in the neighboring yard could look right into our bathroom window. Lastly, the inn has central heating/air conditioning and there was no way to adjust the temperature in our room. We were overly warm all three nights of our stay. We might have had some relief by opening our windows, but we were there over the fourth of July and it was very noisy outside. Opening the windows really wasn't an option for us.

In spite of these shortcomings, we would recommend the Selah Inn to travelers staying in the Belfair area.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank Bluebirds277
Reviewed August 2, 2010

OK-- I didn't read the reviews closely enough... none gushed about it being a romantic spot, although the Inn has been in the Best Places to Kiss (or some such title), and I don't see how it rated that. We paid $195 for the night in the King Suite, for our annivesary, and somehow thought it was a B&B on the beach. Definitely not so. The day we arrived was quite warm, and although the downstairs was quite cool, and probably air-conditioned, our room up stairs was closed, and very very warm when we arrived (heat rises, and no windows were open for ventialtion). We opened windows and went out on the deck attached to our room to stay cool while the room cooled down-- where a leftover towel was covering one chair, and a plastic fork with food on it was sitting on the not very clean little table. The deck was dirty; the view was of the gravel parking area of the cottage below and in front of our room-- with a power boat parked on a trailer. In front of that cottage was a waterfront house-- so we had a tiny peekaboo view of the beach. Walking said beach was not very possible-- most of the property is private and therefore the sand to walk is only there to be walked on at low tide-- right past everyone's front yard. Not too romantic. The little park property immediately adjacent has a very prominent sign to let the guests at the inn know they are not welcome there-- it is a private little lot, with chairs, benches, etc., but for use of the local owners only. Why the inn cannot work out something with the owners is too bad-- or at least get a kinder sign put up. I agree that the owner was very friendly, the breakfast was lovely, the room itself quite nice. But all the decking needed a good hosing down and/or painting (it looks pretty grungy), and it is not the place for romance, and not worth the price.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank lilyb0dge
Reviewed May 26, 2010

We rented the Sun Pointe Beach House with another couple for 2 nights. It is an exceptionally comfortable 3-bedroom house with all the usual amenities. Out the back is a spectacular view of the Hood Canal.

The four of us had dinner at the Inn both nights. The food was outstanding and the wine a perfect accompanyment.

When we made the reservation for the beach house we were a bit concerned about the price. When we left at the end of our 2-night stay we were convinced it was a bargain. The next time we are in the Seattle area we plan to stay at Selah Inn a week. Other accommodations can only pale in comparison.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank LucianPhoenix
Reviewed April 19, 2010

Lovely place that left us feeling rested and refreshed. Both Bonnie and Pat are great hosts that provide attentive service in an unobtrusive manner. The rooms are well equipped, fresh and very clean. The common areas are spacious with comfy, tasteful furnishings. A crackling fire will greet you after you return from your walk along the beach. We stayed two nights and both mornings we enjoyed delicious breakfasts. We will be booking again for later this year.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belfair
Robin Hood Village Resort
Best Western Wesley Inn & Suites
Oyster Bay Inn & Suites
Oyster Bay Inn & Suites
#6 of 9 in Bremerton

Been to Selah Inn? Share your experiences!