“Favorite restaurant stop of the trip” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hungry Bear Cafe, Motel & RV Park

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Beaver
Hungry Bear Cafe, Motel & RV Park
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Beaver
USA
“Favorite restaurant stop of the trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

Of the four restaurants I ate in at/around the Forks area, this was my favorite. I ordered a salmon burger with a salad and was satisfied. The salmon tasted a little like what I buy and prepare for myself at home. Normally, I'd expect something more fresh, but for the area and because it reminded me of what I make at home, I was happy enough. The side salad was especially good. I really liked the mix of vegetables in it. My friend had salad and a shrimp basket. She received a HUGE portion (see pictures).

My friend felt like service was a bit slow. I tend to agree, but I thought it was decent nevertheless. The waitress was friendly and helpful and took care of us. I give her extra consideration because she was the only one on the floor for much of the time.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Placitas, New Mexico
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

The peninsula was in the middle of peak tourist season and we couldn't find a place anywhere!! Hungry Bear Motel was "recommended" as a last possible accommodation for the area.

We arrived late, and had to pick up the key from the restaurant. Not exactly friendly reception, but it was after 1030p...On entering our room #2, found two double beds, nightstand in between, a TV that didn't work and a fairly newly updated shower area. This room has seen a lot of travelers...my compliments on cleanliness. No extra amenities.

Furniture and bed worn. Mattresses sag and squeak...probably would of slept better on the floor. Shower stall is small, really small, but a strong stream of hot water offsets the lack of space to move around in. Towels and sheets are thin, but do the job.

Motel is right off the highway, there is road noise. Parking is motel-style, right in front of the bank of rooms. Tables and chairs located outside the room in a grassy area to sit and watch the passing cars.

for morning coffee walked over to the restaurant for a cup to go. Free if your staying at motel. Didn't eat there, forgot my Tums..

For this experience we paid $85 dollars. If the motel changed out their mattresses, it would be a decent place to stay...maybe even cute (in a rustic, one step up from camping sorta way) !!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank LaVidaLoca505

Travelers are raving about these Beaver hotels

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

Walked in with my kids and a friend and her children. We had just come from hiking at Rialto. The server didn't smile or greet us. The server seemed even more irritated when my friend asked for a rag because the table we were seated at had not been cleaned. It wasn't busy. There were only about three guys there sipping beer in camo's. But the server seemed more interested in chatting with the men at the bar than serving any other customers. She didn't even crack a smile or a surly "sorry" when i had to ask for ice water AFTER we received our food. I had ordered a French Dip, the rest of the group ordered burgers, which looked fine. The fries were all right but nothing to scream about. My Dip, while piled with meat, half was over cooked and dry. This receives one extra star because the cook came out as we were leaving and was very nice and polite.

I cannot speak for the lodging, but the restaurant was terrible. Maybe if you are a guy coming back from a hunting trip and just want a beer, the server might flirt with you and maybe even squeeze out a smile.

Room Tip: Just don't
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank ainoku
Greencastle, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

I'll start with a compliment: the fries are hand cut, fresh and as good as my grandmothers (and that's pretty darn good). The fries were literally the only good thing about this place. I got a 1/4 lb burger. The quality of the meat was terrible, gristly and chewy. The tomatoes, pickle and lettuce were fresh but the bun was soggy within a minute of receiving my meal. My hands were covered in special sauce in no time. Yuck! The decor was country kitsch meets sticky dive bar, which was more than a little creepy. The waitress was nice, but service was slow and the 3-4 people working there stood around talking to each other a lot (other than the cook, who seemed legitimately busy as each meal is cooked to order). It was lunch time, and I only got a water, but paid $10.95 for my gross burger. I stopped here because I had spent the morning hiking in the Hoh Rainforest and was very hungry, but I wish I would have waited to get to Port Angeles where there were a number of more highly recommended restaurants.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank TheFreys
Inwood, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

What a nice, old-fashioned, cozy stay. The room had a kitchette & was very clean & tidy--fresh linens every day, & pleasant surroundings, central to Olympic National Park.The innkeepers are AWESOME!! They told us about "out-of -the-way places to hike around Olympic National Parkk--we saw so much that isn't in the "tourbooks".

Room Tip: we stayed in the big room with a kitchenette & our daughter had an adjoining room--very clean &a...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Kathleen P
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

This little place was quite a gem. For those traveling from Seattle, it's a perfect location to stop for the day after hitting up Hurricane Ridge and Sul Doc. The room was very quaint with a log-style design and had all the utilities and amenities needed for a comfortable stay. It was very clean and comfortable beds, TV + satellite, warm showers, functional internet connectivity, nice thick carpet, etc. The owner, a very hospitable old lady, was very accommodating and also runs a nice diner where you can grab a quick breakfast in the morning before continuing through the rest of the beautiful Olympic National Park.

Thanks for a great stay!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Saket1
Baton Rouge, LA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012

Overpriced doesn't even begin to describe this place. Black and green lumps of mold on the walk and doorstep, dirty sheets with no one in the motel office after 8pm so no one could change them and a pervasive smell of insecticide and mold in the room. Sadly, we were forced to stay here when Sol Duc was unable to honor our reservation. The $75 price is outrageous but since we were the ony couple staying there that night, I guess they wanted to make as much money as possible. We slept in our clothes out of concern for what we might be exposed to in the dirty bed. One window could not be opened as it was broken and we opened the front window to try to rid the place of the moldy smell. Do not subject you or your family to this. Keep driving.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Carrie H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beaver
Forks Motel
Huckleberry Lodge Cabins
Lake Crescent Lodge
Lake Crescent Lodge
#1 of 15 in Olympic National Park

Been to Hungry Bear Cafe, Motel & RV Park? Share your experiences!