“good food and location”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Long Island City, New York
“good food and location”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Enjoyed the food and location. Bought breakfast there and then a boxed lunch for the beach. Service was a little slow, but we were not in hurry so it didn't bother us.

Visited July 2013

Long Island City, New York
“Good Food and Good Location”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

When you are staying in Olympic National Forest on your way to Hoh Rainforest, Sol Duc Hot Springs and Ruby Lake this is a good place to stop for breakfast. Service was not fast, but you don't expect it to be when you are at the national park. We also ordered a box lunch to bring to the beach which was enjoyable. I had the country fried steak and eggs for breakfast which were delicious and I would highly recommend. The cafe also had many pies for dessert that sounded good and I hope to try the next time we are visiting.

Miami, FL
“Keep Driving”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Thought that stopping in a roadside diner would be a great way to end the day, but boy were we wrong!!! Waited over 40 minutes for our order which was a simple hamburger and baked Salmon. Geez. Told us the delay was they had to filet the salmon but it was obvious that it was not a fresh salmon but a frozen one. Everyone else around us who had arrived later than us had been served and were gone by the time we got our dinner. They offered us a wine & beer but I wish we had just left. Wasn't worth the wait. Staff seemed very up tight. So make your own dinner or keep driving by not worth the stop for very overpriced food.

• Visited June 2013
Pawleys Island, South Carolina, United States
“Horrible food, Horrible Service.....atleast they are consistent.”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Worst dining experience I have had in a long time! Can I give negative stars??

Arrive at 6:50pm waitress comes over and tells us specials etc. which include homemade clam chowder. There are 2 other tables of 4 people when we get there. Thats it and it appears they have already ordered. We order and she brings me a Coke.

Fast forward to 7:30pm the table next to us has finished their food and the other table is still waiting.......as are we. Waitress takes a brake from chatting it up and comes over for the first time in 30min to inform us she will tell the cook to hurry up or something. Not sure she kind of said it in passing. Im assuming the food will be any minute? right??

Fast forward to 8:00 pm. Second table has finished eating.......we are STILL waiting for food. We ordered a cheese burger that came with a salad and french dip that came with a cup of soup. Still have not been visited from the waitress since 7:30.....she is busy chatting it up doing who knows what. Still dead in this place. Could we maybe get the salad and soup at least??? Been here for an HOUR!!!!

8:02pm I get up to tell the waitress I want to pay for my F-ING coke and leave and the food comes up. I am pissed off and pretty much not hungry at this point.

Food comes out and it is horrible, big surprise at this point. The meat for my french dip was rubber. I am not joking, pretty sure it was cooking in the auju the entire time we were there. The "homemade" Clam chowder took me 2-3 bites before I had enough. Tasted more like corn chowder with out the corn?? My wife's cheese burger was also not good at all. Tasted like the frozen pre made patties you get at Cosco when you are feeling lazy plus was over cooked....dont know if it was it on the grill slow cooking for an hour or what?

The waitress dropped our food off and bolted to get back to her important conversations with locals that had trickled in. I dont know what happened to my food but I do now know what her schedule is, what her weekend plans are, likes, dis likes etc. Awesome, glad you are enjoying your self. It is now getting dark.

I finally get her back at our table and ask to have a FRESH coke. She says with a laugh "oh did this one melt on you?" YES IT IS THE SAME UN REFILLED COKE I HAVE HAD FOR AN HOUR. AN HOUR!!

8:10pm about 8 min after we receive our food I am DONE. We get up to leave almost an hour and a half after we arrived and still hungry, I just could not eat my meal. I tried but couldn't do it. This is the first time I have not tipped in years. I almost told them that I was not going to pay but just didn't want to deal with it, just paid and left. I would have gotten more satisfaction from just lighting a $20.00 bill on fire.

Something told me to just drive a bit further and have dinner at Crescent Lake Lodge but decided to try this cute little place. Jokes on me I guess. Im guessing our awesome server was possibly the one the poster below me encountered, blonde, heavyset.

Renton, WA
“Unfriendly staff and overpriced food”
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Usually when traveling we like to stop at roadside diners because they are usually pretty good eats and almost always pleasant staff. When we walked in it was yelled at us to sit wherever we wanted, then a waitress walks over hands you a menu tells you her specials and then asks what you'd like to eat...and when you say to her we need a minute to look at the menu she walks away in a huff....the place wasn't busy at all, there was only a table of 3 there hen we walked in. Once th food arrived....the special of ribs, veggies and a roll, and, fish and chips. Both were kinda tasteless! Granted I did have a cold that screwed up my taste buds but hubby said his was tasteless as well.....so we paid out $45 for yucky food and left! I dont recommend going...and if you do find yourself here don't ask the staff anything because it seems to get them in a frenzy.

Been to The Hungry Bear cafe? Share your experiences!