“The food is fine, but the service and atmosphere are very sad”

The Hungry Bear cafe
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Beaver
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed July 1, 2012

It just seems dirty, expensive, and the service is unattentive...

There are newer reviews for The Hungry Bear cafe

Reviewed June 29, 2012

The first time we stopped at Hungry Bear, I was a little scared. The owner was a little grouchy...and scary looking. The place is very dated (like from a horror movie) but once the food arrived - i forgot about everything else. The egg sandwich is the BEST I've ever had and once we complimented "the Chef" - the owner warmed up and chatted with us. We've stooped there several times and I even scored a souvineer beer glass. Don't forget to stop here for a bite to eat when you are in forks!

Reviewed April 24, 2012 via mobile

The dessert here was excellent! Homemade pies and ice cream were delicious, and the food was served promptly. Great place to stop while exploring the park - there is not much other food around. Service was friendly and price was $10-12 per person. I would stop here again.

Reviewed April 2, 2012

I didn't get that the Logger Breakfast would be HUGE! Best Biggest pancakes I've ever had! Waitress was grouchy but in a good way, we enjoyed our visit here checked out all the old logging pictures on the walls and got a couple cookies to go.

Reviewed December 1, 2011

Was really enjoyable! It's outside of Forks so there are less tourists in the summer which is nice! Really enjoyed the food. Great atmosphere, just a nice small town cafe!

Been to The Hungry Bear cafe? Share your experiences!