“Horrible service” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Battle Ground
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Horrible service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

I booked online, after someone from the hotel went into my reservation and changed the date of check in and number of nights, luckily I called ahead to extend and fixed the mistake THEY made. After that they discounted my room.
When we got to the hotel check in was smooth and the lady 'Kenda' was super friendly, I was thinking 'Ok, mistakes happen'. well we got to the room, moment we walked in it was burning up. They blaired the heat which was set to 85. Ok not fun but no biggy, opened a window left came back it was fine.
At night I could hear the people beside us running water, light came in from under the door, noises outside. I'm pregnant so I'm already a light sleeper. Hubby slept fine so once again no biggy.
Before bed, I called front desk making sure to get a wake up call at 9:00am. I woke up before but didn't call to cancel the wake up call...... 9:15 passed still never received one and left so not even sure if they ever did call. But if they did they were at least 15 min late regardless.
The night before we left I called late, after several rings, to get ahold of my husband who was sleeping the Indian man on the phone asked the room, and the name of the person I was trying to get ahold of, after that he asked my relation to them...... I said aggressively I'm staying in the room transfer me. So I didn't like that.... I came back to the hotel at 1am and the Indian man wasn't even at the front desk he was in front on the other side playing on the computer...... I worked in a hotel prier so it upset me I guess. Overall I wouldn't stay or recommend staying here to anyone. For the original price anyways. Even at the discounted rate I was disappointed.
One positive thing, decent continental breakfast.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
kendapollard, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Battle Ground Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay with us. On behalf of our entire Team we would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we will be using all of your feedback to make improvements. With your input we will strive to provide a better experience for all of our future guests. We hope that you will consider giving us another opportunity to provide you with the kind of stay that all of our guests deserve.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Olympia, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

Business trip took me to Battle Ground and their only hotel was just right. A Large and clean room with comfortable bed was perfect and a small indoor pool a surprise and nice amenity. The breakfast is same in all Best Westerns---enough to get you going. Staff was very nice and the hotel was quiet and convenient to lots of dining and shopping. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time to let us know about your stay with us. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope that you will come back to stay again soon. Thank you for your loyalty to our Brand.
Springfield
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

I was in Battle Ground to attend a memorial service. I don't think I would have an occasion to return. The room was a good size. The shower curtain was cloth, so water leaked all over the floor when we showered. We loved the pool and hot tub.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

kendapollard, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Battle Ground Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Thank you for your recent review. We were sorry to hear of the loss that brought you to Battle Ground. I was very pleased to see that you and your family were able to enjoy the pool and jacuzzi while you were with us. Hopefully you will be able to come stay with us again in the future.

Kenda Pollard, CHO
Cobble Hill, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

We needed a place to stay near Portland after a long day on the road so I looked on TA and found many positive comments about this location. They were accurate on all counts; the friendly welcome upon first arriving, the size and cleanliness of the rooms, the free wifi (why doesn't everyone have that?),the cleanliness of the pool, the breakfast, the helpfulness of the staff, etc.
Yes, it is a 5 minute drive off of I-5 but so worth it! And there are a number of good restaurants and pubs near by. It will be our destination next trip..

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
kendapollard, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Battle Ground Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Thank you so very much for taking time to let us know about your stay with us. We are so pleased to know that we exceeded your expectations when you came to Battle Ground. We hope that you have a wonderful Holiday Season and that we will see you both again soon.

Best Western PLUS Battle Ground Inn & Suites
San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

I had not been to Battle Ground in over 25 years and, frankly, was not expecting much of either the town or the Best Western. I was pleasantly surprised and pleased with both! The room was very large, with both a couch/coffee table seating area and a separate arm chair. There was a microwave, sink, refrigerator area, a flat screen TV, desk, dresser and lots of counter space in the bathroom (a big deal for me)! The bed was really comfortable. I appreciated the 24 hour tea and coffee service in the lobby. The hotel was quiet and the staff was friendly. The indoor pool and the free breakfast seemed to be very popular although my plans did not allow me to partake in either. I highly recommend this hotel and I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jobethco
kendapollard, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Battle Ground Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Thank you for your recent review. I am happy to see that after 25 years Battle Ground is still a great place to visit. We hope that you won't wait another 25 to come back and see us again. We look forward to having you back soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

So it's a bit of a drive off of I 5 to arrive, but well worth the trip! The bed was ultra comfortable, large screen TV, free wi fi, impeccably clean.
There's a yummy Italian restaurant just down the street.

We will definitely stay there again. We paid $90 for a MUCH better room here than the room we paid $140 for at a Best Western in Oregon.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking time to let us know about your recent stay. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you back again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Battle Ground
Holiday Inn Express Vancouver North Salmon Creek
Heathman Lodge
Heathman Lodge
#2 of 29 in Vancouver

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Battle Ground Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!