“A restaurant worth repeating”
Review of Doc's Marina Grill

Doc's Marina Grill
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We spent a family week on Bainbridge Washington. Tried unsuccessfully the first night to get in to Hitchcock so Doc's started as a second choice. We enjoyed our first experience so much we ended up enjoying Doc's two more times. The menu ranges from great clam chowder to fabulous short ribs. The special my granddaughter and I enjoyed was smoked salmon in a cream sauce over pasta.
Staff were friendly and very helpful.

2  Thank Charlie R

Reviewed April 6, 2013

From the front, Doc's Marina Grill looks like a very small local restaurant. If it had not been for its high ratings on Trip Advisor, I doubt if we would have stopped there for dinner. We're glad we did! It has a very nice, cozy bar; a large dining room; and a very large deck with a great view of the marina and the ferry. We sat at the enclosed deck with heaters, and it was great. The restaurant has a good beer and wine selection. My husband had the Blackened Salmon Burger. He said it was excellent. It came with onions grilled in balsamic vinegar (very tasty!). The fries were extra good. I had the special (halibut, rice, and asparagus). It was very good, but a bit pricey at $24 since it didn't include a salad or bread for the dinner. We went on a Friday early evening and were surprised at the number of families with children. But then we noticed that they have crayons and a great children's menu and the place is very welcoming. We'll definitely keep Doc's in mind next time we visit - a cold beer on the outdoor deck in the summer sounds just fine.

Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

I've gone to Docs each time I go visit my dad who lives on the island. Love the location and the food is great but mostly the staff is always friendly and inviting

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Nice dining room with varied menu. The Bar area was fun even on a rainy January night. In summer it must be lovely eating out on the deck right on the water

Reviewed January 7, 2013

We stopped in on a rainy afternoon and thought we might not have much luck getting a seat as there was a big Seahawks game on and the bar, which is all you really see when you drive up, was packed. There are two rooms behind the bar, including a huge outer protected area, which is probably busy in the warmer months. We both enjoyed panko battered fish & chips, which came with coleslaw. Very flavorful & plenty to eat. The service was prompt and friendly. The restrooms could have used a good cleaning, a factor which always makes me question the cleanliness and sanitary habits of the kitchen, but that is my only negative comment regarding the restaurant.