“Best margarita and tasty food”

San Carlos Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Seattle
“Best margarita and tasty food”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Had a night on Bainbridge so we thought we'd try this place since we've heard such good things. Restaurant was busy so we sat in the bar, which we're usually tentative about because bars can be so hit or miss. Atmosphere was not like a "bar" and felt like an adult section of the restaurant. The bartender was great and the drinks were phenomenal! I had the grapefruit margarita (fresh grapefruit and tasted like summer!!). Then came the food. I had the fish taco special. One word: amazing. I'm not usually a big eater, but I couldn't stop eating these!!! Plenty of food for the money, and the ingredients are quality. Great service, great food, amazing drinks! We'll be coming back soon, and we'll definitely send our friends there!

2 Thank 12seagal12

Santa Rosa, California
“love this place”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

I've been to the San Carlos a few times over the years, this is my go-to-spot for good food whenever I'm in town with friends or family. I like the food, the drinks, and the home-style atmosphere.

I was there recently for a trip just before the Super Bowl. The vibe was great with a large group celebrating in the bar area, lots of friendly people. A ton of of team spirit here, and of course, great tasting food. I had chips and salsa, guac tacos, a burrito, and skittles margaritas. Southwest flavor in the Pacific Northwest!

Seattle, Washington
“My little ferry ride to heaven”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

I am so impressed with this whole experience! Last weekend we decided to get out of Seattle and ride a ferry (since we never have). Our friends grew up on Bainbridge and have been telling us about San Carlos for years. It turns out they have been around for 30 years. We were greeted by a very nice host who presented us with the nightly specials.

On to the meal.....we loved it! It was a nice table by the fire and a view of the deck. Such a cozy spot, we were luck because of how busy it was on Saturday. My margarita was perfect, I actually haven't had such a good margarita in a while. Sweet, sour and salty all in one swoop! My husband ordered his favorite micro beer from a large local selection. I had the smoked chicken enchiladas which blew my mind. These were great because they had such flavor and there was so much food! It was enough to bring home for lunch. My husband got the vegetarian burrito which had freshly cooked vegetables!!!!!!! If your a vegetarian you'll know how hard it is to get a good FRESH meal at a restaurant. Not only do they have an entire section that is dedicated to "Healthy" food but you can tell the veggies are fresh not frozen!!

Overall the atmosphere was comforting and warm, with nice background music. I would recommend this place to anyone who needs a break from the ordinary. Plus everyone is so friendly, this is definitely our new spot.

Thanks!

1 Thank Alene206
A TripAdvisor Member
“Over salted, cream, grease S bomb”
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

Bainbridge for one night - what a wasted opportunity! Began with the $11 margarita mix flavored ice - 4 sips & that was gone. Then on to the food... Everything was over-salted. The salsa was a red salt slurry, the guacamole was a green, salty flavorless goo. The "crab" chimichanga was a nasty congealed cream, herb and salt sludge inside a deep fried crust - $19. The chicken fajita was an overly sweet, cheap BBQ sauce-based affair with Taco Bell-quality sides at $18. Our kids didn't like the food either. After a 12 hr train trip we thought we could eat anything. We were wrong. If you like disgusting food & waitstaff that drops the S bomb around your kids, this is your place. Otherwise, do yourself a favor and skip it. I sure wish we had - $90 with tip for the worst food we've had in years.

Chelan, Washington
“Best Crab Burrito”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

This burrito is like nothing I have ever tasted. You wake up in the morning wanting it, more than coffee! The service is always spot on, and friendly. The house is charming and the history of the place is pretty cool. We take all our friends here when they come too visit! Love this place.

• Visited October 2013