“Convenient Location”

GreenLeadersGold level
Denton, United States
“Convenient Location”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We were on the island for our son's wedding. This hotel is within walking distance to restaurants, shopping, and the ferry. There were several of us staying here. None of the rooms I saw were the same configuration. But all were large and clean.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Langley City, Canada
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Based on the reviews I was looking forward to this visit. We arrived and were checked in with very efficient and courteous service. The room was well appointed and clean. The next morning (7am) at breakfast we arrived to find the hot entrees were virtually non-existent, no sausages, no potatoes and a very small portion of scrambled eggs. Upon inquiring about a refill of the dishes we were told flippantly that "Our order will be in later today." as if that was a satisfactory answer. We went about our day's business and arrived back at the hotel at 6 pm to find that the room had not been made up. Once again a quick sorry was supplied and we were told they were a little behind in their cleaning. The next morning at breakfast the "hot" items had reappeared but upon sampling them they were at room temperature. Noticing the the warmers were not turned on, we let the attendant know which earned us a quick "Sorry, a customer must have turned them off" before she flitted off to resume her discussions with a coworker. We earned our final "Sorry" when I mentioned these episodes to the reception desk during checkout but it seemed as if they were resigned to automatically apologizing.

4 Thank mwf222
Bainbridge Island, United States
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Can a business hotel experience be stunningly good? You bet, at the Bainbridge Island Best Western Suites, where manager par excellence Linda and top notch staff headed up by Tanya, just cannot be beat in terms of hotel cleanliness, amenities, pleasant attitude and pride in the quality of their service. When I go to anywhere in the Seattle area for business I make it my additional business to stay at this hotel even if I have to drive or take the ferry to my place of business. Very good price point to value ratio to boot.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Enjoyed hotel and staying on Bainbridge Island. Good value compared to hotel in downtowen Seattle. Clean and staff was helpful. Park on Island and take ferry into Seattle. save on parking and much less hassle.

Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Love the staff and the rooms hands down the cleanest and most comfy rooms I have stayed in for that price range!! Breakfast was very good with hot food and fresh coffee! Well be the only hotel I ever stay on when I go to Bainbridge island!

• Stayed August 2013
University Place, Washington
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I booked a two-night stay to take a birthday retreat and work on a writing project. Wanted to stay on Bainbridge, but not much choice of hotels. Due to a plumbing issue, the hotel upgraded my room at check in. I wanted a room with a desk (hard to write otherwise), so they changed it, but I asked to go back to the first room because the desk was too high to actually use as a work surface. I'm not usually so high maintenance, so I generously tipped the staff for their trouble. I hadn't been in the room for long when I felt something on my feet. Looking down, I saw fleas jumping all over my feet and legs. When I called the front desk to report this, the clerk asked me if I wanted a discount on the room because of the fleas! They had no other rooms available for two nights, so I asked to check out. Though I'd been in the room just a few hours, when I went to check out, they charged me the half day rate, and when I expressed dissatisfaction, the woman at the front counter could only offer sympathy, saying she "[didn't] like fleas either" but also expressed her disbelief that the room could have fleas because there hadn't been any animals booked into the room. Neither she nor the manager on duty seemed to understand that fleas aren't just unpleasant but a health hazard. They didn't offer any assistance to help me relocate. My legs were covered with bites, and I had to find an alternative hotel late in the evening, at a premium rate. Worst hotel experience ever, and since they didn't really take the fleas concern seriously, wouldn't be surprised if they soon have an out-of-control infestation.

• Stayed July 2013
7 Thank Nancy N
Tacoma, WA, United States
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Well appointed, clean hotel! Great breakfast bar! the parking lot is too small and cannot accomodate all vehicles when the hotel is sold out. On-street parking is basically non-existent. The service and staff were cordial and helpful with information.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bainbridge Island
Magnolia / Queen Anne
Mediterranean Inn
Mediterranean Inn
#31 of 100 in Seattle

Been to Best Western Plus Bainbridge Island Suites? Share your experiences!