“Big, comfy room”

Best Western Plus Bainbridge Island Suites
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised by the size and features of the room! There was a small sitting area, mini fridge, etc. Great location, free parking, good price. Breakfast was not real impressive but had a variety of things.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 10, 2012

Stayed here with my two dogs. Had a very large and clean room, with easy access to the dog walk at the rear of the building. All staff were helpful and gracious. Breakfast was very good. Convenient location.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Well located close to town, this hotel seems brand new. Everything is clean and quite attractive. Having two rooms and a fold out couch is a real plus for families and the breakfast was decent, thanks to the "make it yourself waffle machine." Our only complaint was that the television remotes were balky and one of our TVs did not work at all, but that is a minor complaint given the great value that this hotel offers.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 22, 2012

My visit to Bainbridge Island was on short notice, I booked my room via BW website, one Queen Suite. Upon arrival, everything was ready in advance for my check-in. Great! I wanted to get to my room as I arrived late and wanted to relax before heading to bed.
Underground parking was nice and I felt my car was safe during my stay. However, the entrance to the hotel is a bit awkward.

My suite was large, with the bedroom separate from the "living room". The only drawback to this design is the AC unit is in the bedroom. On a typical NorthWest weather day, this would not pose much of a problem. But during my stay the temperature was 80+. In order to cool the entire suite, I had to turn the AC on high, which meant the bedroom was freezing but the rest of the suite was barely cool. Since my stay was more than one night, I would have liked to use the entire suite.

The suite was well appointed with nice modern decor, small fridge, counter space, large bathroom with separate vanity area. Plenty of towels and toiletries were provided. The bed was comfortable with the option of synthetic or down pillows.

I did not try the breakfast buffet as there were other more appealing options (for me) in the surrounding area. There are a few fast food options across the street as well as a supermarket. Restaurants are listed in the hotel directory.

Overall, a pleasant stay and I would return during cool weather!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the inside courtyard for a better view and reduced noise.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Solo67_4
Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

The staff were very friendly and welcoming at all times. The breakfast was good, fresh fruit,waffles, eggs, bacon, yogurt etc. The hashbrown potatoes left something to b desired though. Stayed 3 nights and all 3 days the hashbrowns were gross. The rooms were clean and very spacious!! Loved the free wifi, the down pillows and the fresh local coffee in the rooms. The parking garage underneath the hotel made us feel safe (although not sure there is to much crime on the island) the only negative thing is there is only 1 sink. So if someone was taking a shower or using the restroom and u needed to use the sink u had to wait. That's the only bad thing. The safeway across the street is very convenient. I recommend doc's for dinner. Its on the marina and beautiful! There's a boardwalk to. The water is quite disgusting though.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank ThatsMe78
Reviewed July 30, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the hotel six times for five nights each stay from january thru May 2012, so we have some significant experience with the property. The woman who owns the hotel takes her guests satisfaction seriously. They accommodated our requests to change rooms when noisy neighbors moved in, had extra blankets and extra pillows each time we stayed with out even asking after our second stay. The hotel is near new, great sizable rooms. Cell signals are weak on many parts of the island. The top two floors and rooms on the front and east side of the building will get you decent Verizon and AT&T signals. Great people, nice hotel, easy walk to food.

Brian & Dona A.

Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Brian92651
Reviewed July 24, 2012

The Good- The Best Western Plus on Bainbridge Island is a good location. The island is not that big and there are limited places to stay. This hotel is a couple of blocks off the 'Main street". This BW is also a suites hotel so the location across the street from a Safeway coupled with the microwave and refrigerator in the room could come in handy.
I also appreciated the "breakfast" which can be included with your room price. They set up the folding tables and chairs and 'voila' a breakfast bar. The waffle maker is nice. The warmed up eggs, bacon and hash browns leave a little more to be desired; but hey... It's a Best Western!
The BAD- We were staying on the island to attend an event so we had asked that our room be cleaned a little later in the day, once we had left. We told the front desk this, we told the staff when they knocked on our door this, and we told the front desk a second time when they called our room. Once we had gone and come back from our event .... after all that "telling" you would have thought out room would have been spotless... NOT!
While it was tidy, the truth was far from it. The bed had been made, but the sheets not changed. The bathroom had been wiped down but the toothpaste from the morning was STILL on the faucet. The shower curtain had not even been pulled back to reveal 2 used washclothes. The bathmat had NOT been replaced and there were less towels in the room then when we arrived.
Again... this hotel has some nice qualities especially if you don't plan on staying long. Two nights Tops... but if "Cleanliness is next to Godliness" to you... You may want to stay someplace else!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Inn at the Market
Inn at the Market
#1 of 103 in Seattle
Silver Cloud Hotel - Seattle Broadway

Been to Best Western Plus Bainbridge Island Suites? Share your experiences!