“Unreal Food”

The Four Swallows Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 10, 2013

All I can say is that I have I had meals all over the world and this was out of this world. I plan on moving to the Island soon and it will be a date night place for years to come..... Very Very Good a 10+

Reviewed November 9, 2013

When the five of us walked in we knew it would be a great meal. The smells from the kitchen were wonderful. The small rooms (casual but elegant décor) give a feeling of privacy and cosiness. And the service is both discreet and friendly. Our server seemed to be invisible but was always there when needed. And the food! While the menu is quite limited it does cover all bases. The smoked duck entrée was fabulous; tender and tasty with a wonderful sauce. Some in the group tried the soup and declared it excellent. My clams with linguine had a light sauce and was wonderfully garlicy. And the steak, you could cut it with a fork. Although I didn't see the wine menu we did have an excellent bottle or two. There wasn't one hitch, one minor complaint. Two days later we were still raving about it. Although we were a larger, noisier group I would also recommend this for a romantic dinner for two, no tie required.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

My husband and I went to the Four Swallows on a Wednesday evening and it was exceptional. The filet I ordered was excellent and the budini dessert was unbelievable. Highest marks to our server as well ... always watchful, extremely pleasant and friendly, and that was true for everyone in the restaurant.
Being New Englanders, we especially enjoyed the publike seating with high backed benches that made dinner a lovely private event.
Can't wait to go back for my next special occasion when I am on Bainbridge.

1  Thank pegpurdy
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Just walking up to the Four Swallows you get the feeling that this is going to be good....and it was! Four of us in our party all agreed that everything from the food, to service to the ambiance was top notched. Started off with a smoked duck appetizer that was so tender and had cherry mustard on the side. Oh....before I forget....the wine list is incredible! We each got either a salad or the soup of the day. The salad had more variety of greens than I could name and just the right tang in the vinaigrette. Each of our entrees were superb with the scallops being incredible....tender, meaty, tasty and just beautiful. But the desserts....wow! Their bread pudding won my husband over as he has never liked bread pudding. We also tried a dessert that was like a mousse (sorry I can't remember....been a while since we went) and we all literally licked the bowl to get every possible drop. Waiter was quite a character and had a charm about him that made you smile each time he came to the table. Restaurant & bar was packed. We will be back!!!

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We went here on advice from the Chamber of Commerce. Food and service was outstanding. Started with mussels. They were served hot. Then had salad, yum, then had homemade pasta entree. A good bottle of wine and dessert of bread pudding. Everything was so good. We went back after dinner the following night for port. We wished we had skipped NOLA and ate here both night. GO

1  Thank havefuntoday14