“New favorite”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Four Swallows Restaurant - CLOSED

The Four Swallows Restaurant
Dining options: Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Gig Harbor, Washington
“New favorite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

We had read about this place in Westsound Magazine last year, and finally got to try it tonight. I can't say enough good things. We were greeted right away by a very friendly host. We did not have reservations and were here spur of the moment. Our waiter was fantastic. I wish I had asked for his name. My husband had the fresh salmon, I had pizza and we both had the fresh strawberry goat cheese greens. Everything was perfect. This is all in a beautiful old house in Winslow. We can't wait to go back.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank jvenneberg

“Romantic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

We went there for a romantic dinner and had a wonderful time. The food was amazing and the service was top notch. I would highly recommend it.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Chignikteacher
healdsburg, CA
“outstanding service and food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

This restaurant is my most recent favorite in the area. Previously it was Hitchcock but the last visit to Hitchcock was marred by overly creative and ill tasting food, like coffee flavored pasta, plus too much salt. At Four Swallows they stuck to just making traditional fine food excellently indeed. I had the Alaskan Halibut and it was perfect, light fluffy, and obviously extremely fresh. Others had lamb, gnocchi, and clam linguini, and all seemed happy except perhaps the friend with the clam linguini. She didn't really complain and actually is not a fan of seafood so I am not sure what to make of her experience. The desserts were a big hit as well, so good as to be shared somewhat reluctantly by those who received them, with those of us who had not been honest enough to order them.

We were greeted and seated by Mike (apparently the owner/manager?) who also had taken our reservation, and the subsequent wait service was excellent. We were also allowed to bring in two bottles of our own red wine at a reasonable $20 corkage, although the house list is excellent. We ordered a fine bottle of white wine from the menu, which featured an appealing bottle of Mouton Rothschild, but a little out of my range.

I have one remark on their policy, not really a criticism, just a quirk of mine. There was an automatic 20% tip added for our party of 8, quite reasonable, but which took away my pleasure of adding the tip, since that is about my usual rate. Moreover my slight annoyance at losing this privilege, may have partially caused me to make an embarrassing error.

I.e. I usually tip as well on the value of the wine I bring in, since bringing in wine unfairly lowers the tab for the waiter's tip. Unfortunately after seeing a 20% tip already added, although I usually tip 20-25%, I became tight fisted and forgot that I had not added a tip on my wine, thus shortchanging my waiter. I will try to make it up on a later visit, but in this case the practice of insuring a minimum tip backfired against my waiter. My apologies to her. This was really my fault and not the restaurant's.

Our whole group would recommend this restaurant quite highly. The impression is not that the chef is trying to show off his originality at the expense of your taste buds, but simply to deliver premium quality dining. Adequate decanting was offered for our wines (a 2010 Oregon Penner Ash pinot noir and a 2007 Tuscan Argiano Brunello). The restaurant was not noisy and our table was in a semi private alcove. Thank you for a delightful evening!

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank winewimp
Bainbridge Island, Washington, United States
“A wonderful place for a date.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

The Four Swallows is small, well lit, and homey restaurant. I've been there several times and on the last occasion I went with my girlfriend. It is wonderful to have a place such as the Four Swallows to dress up semi formally with people you love so close to home. The waiters and waitresses were very friendly and we never waited for more than 10 minutes for food or drinks to arrive. The food is very flavorful and there are many different options to choose from when ordering. If your looking for a nice cozy atmosphere and good food, this is the place for you. You can sit indoors, or out front on the little deck featuring heat lamps for those beautiful cold Bainbridge days.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank David M
Bainbridge Island, Washington, United States
“Bainbridge Charm, Excellent Dining Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

Our friends were visiting from out of state and took us to dinner. We had just moved to Bainbridge a few months back and had not been able to make it here yet. It was an excellent experience, food was terrific. Upon arriving, we were greeted and quickly seated. The staff was attentive, friendly and made the experience enjoyable and memorable. We started with drinks and although warned the bar was limited in some items, they accomodated all our orders. The bread came quickly as we tried to decide on what to order. Then we pretty much all ordered the same entree, the Filet, we all raved about our dinner. The sauce served with the filet was perfection. They offered excellent wine choices with a pretty extensive offering. We decided to sample a few desserts and share. The Butterscotch budino was great but my favorite was the warm bread pudding. The atmosphere here is great. You dine in this historic home converted to a restaurant, perfect for couples, friends, a romantic date but I would not recommend this for families with children. They accomodate dress attire, but denim was fine, dressed up a bit obviously. Overall a great experience with an excellent menu, delicious food and wonderful staff.

• Visited March 2013